4.0 out of 5 stars Can't remember good title...
Published on May 13, 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective CD?
Nickelback was a band I had heard of, but I'm not very into the modern music scene. My friend suggested this CD to me.

I ordered this CD with high hopes. When I got it and put it into my laptop, everything seemed normal. There was every song, different names, different lengths.

I listened to the first song, and all was well. I then moved on to the...
Published on September 17, 2009 by I hate society.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't remember good title..., May 13, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
I bought this album today,and I have listened to it 3 times. I really liked it,there are many great lyrics,catchy tunes. This album begins with a song "Follow you home",which is hard and very enjoyable. "Fight for all the wrong reasons" is also pretty good,but not that memorable. Third song "Photograph" is just awesome. Nostalgic lyrics almoast made me cry,very nice. "Animals" is hilarious,I laughed out loud while listening it for the first time. They said this is gonna be 4th single,but I can't imagine the video. "Savin' me" is nice slow song,probably my favorite on the whole album. I decided to buy this album after I heard this song on TV. "Far away" was also single. Good song,I love the modulation at the end. "Next contestant" is OK, but still not great. I'm not sure about it. Then came "Side of a bullet" - and it's much different than other songs on the album. It's average,I don't like it that much. "If everyone cared"...what a great ballad! I love the melody,solo is amazing. One of my favorites. "Someone that you're with" is the lowest song on the album,but it's still not terrible. At the end,"Rockstar" is excellent,with very interesting lyrics. Great way to end this album.

Here are my ratings:

08 - 3/5

09 - 5/5

10 - 3/5

11 - 5/5

Overall,this album got 4 stars. Very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective CD?, September 17, 2009
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)

I listened to the first song, and all was well. I then moved on to the second song.

It was the exact same song? I knew I couldn't be mistaken. Surely every song would have its own unique attributes to differentiate from the others. I went on to the next song, and then the next...but every single one was the exact same.

I called my friend who had suggested the CD, but she said her CD was fine and that maybe something was wrong with mine. We got to talking about music videos and she told me her two favorites, I went and looked them up online.

IT WAS THE SAME SONG FOR BOTH VIDEOS.

I'm completely confused. Why are all the songs exactly the same?

5.0 out of 5 stars "All The Right Reasons" To Listen, October 6, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
On the surface, Nickelback has always appeared a band arguably too hard for pop radio but perhaps too mainstream for most diehard rock traditionalists; however, ALL THE RIGHT REASONS gives fans of all music the chance to enjoy what they have to offer. It's one terrific album with crossover potential that should please the group's strongest followers as well as endear new listeners to the fold. "Photograph" is one great track -- written clearly by minds who've learned the lessons of looking forward by looking back -- but it's hardly alone: "Far Away" is equally introspective with a broader sound if not a tad more anthemic; "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" is a head-shaking rock rattler written to please the band's core fans; "Someone That You're With" blares out for eventual audiences in arenas around the world; and "Rock Star," "Savin' Me," and "If Everyone Cared" round out just one tremendous listening experience. The album's definitely worth its spins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock, February 21, 2008
This review is from: All The Right Reasons (MP3 Music)
Very few bands actually rock out these days, and it seems that Nickelback is one of the few.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars -- my favorite album of theirs, October 4, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
Like clockwork the last few years Nickelback comes back in early autumn 2 years after their last release to bring their 3rd straight 4.5 star album ( I think this is slightly better then "Silver Side Up" & "The Long Road" - both I'd also give 4.5 stars and "The State" I'd give 4). Not really hearing anything about this being released until about 2 weeks prior I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. Of the 11 songs on here, 1 is a classic, 2 are almost classics, 1 I skip, 1 is ok, and the other 5 are good or great songs. As always, Chad provides some good lyrics and a mixture of the type of songs on here. A great album for their fans to have.

#1 - 9.5 (nice harder upbeat track -- nice lyrics about a sort of stalker)
#2 - 9.5 (another harder upbeat song -- a nice lyrics on the trouble of leaving a relationship)
#3 - 9 (slower/deeper song about memories of the past)
#4 - 10 (CLASSIC -- upbeat song about a guy and a girl acting like wild animals)
#5 - 8
#6 - 5 (slow song -- really the only one on here I don't like)
#7 - 8.5
#8 - 8
#9 - 7
#10 - 8.5 (another upbeat song)
#11 - 9 (about wanting to be a rockstar and why)

Check all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Thats Rock!, December 14, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
Nickelback are one of the world's best selling Rock Groups no doubt about it. They are also one of the world's greatest Rock artists but their big success was caused by "soft" Songs like "How You Remind Me", "Someday" and "Photograph" right now.

Nickelback know how to sell Millions of Records!

But that's no Reason to write Mainstream Songs and so on "All the right Reasons" Nickelback continues getting harder and better than they'd ever been before. This Album also contains some great Guitar Solos and that's something Nickelback had'd never been famous for.

"Follow You Home" (5/5)

Rock! Good catchy Rocksong with a lot of Power Heavy Guitars and a phenomenal Daniel Adair. ZZ Top as a Feature.

"Fight For all the right reasons" (5/5)

Hard and powerful Midtempo Song about a "physical" relationship^^.

"Photograph" (4/5)

Everyone knows it, everyone likes it. Good Atmosphere but seems like it was planned to be a Radio Song.

"Animals" (5/5)

Heavy Riffs, fast and funny Lyrics. Might be the next American Billboard Top 10 Appear.

"Savin Me" (5/5)

A perfect Ballad. Emotional and powerful at the same time with a Electric and Accoustic Guitar mixed. Might be a great Song to Play in front of 50 thousand fans

"Far Away" (2/5)

The LP's worst Song will be released all around the world instead of "Animals" that will be released in America. I cant accept this decision as I'm from Germany and everyone will think that Nickelback are softies. Schmalzy!

"Next Contestant" (5/5)

Wow! My favourite! A good constructed riffy Rocktrack about been jealous and fighting for your girlfriend Saturday night.

"Side of a Bullet" (5/5)

The hardest Track Nickelback have ever written. Heavy Metal.

Tells the Dimebag Darrel Deathwith the killer as the first-person narrator. Nice Guitar Solo.

"If everyone cared" (5/5)

Emotional Ballad with nice Piano Parts.

"Someone that You're With" (3/5)

Fast Song with riffs but nothing special. It's not a bad Track but you won't remember it after listening to it.

"Rockstar" (5/5)

Seems not to fit in the whole Album and sounds a bit like the fantastic "goog times gone" from the Silver Side Up LP.

Some kind of Country blues or whatever but the Songs's flow and and the funny Lyrics make the Song being a kind of hightlight.

All in all "All the right reasons" is the perfect Album by a very talented Band with Chad Kroeger who has one of the best Voices You get to hear from a Rockartist. Chad's Brother Mike plays a good Bass this time, Ryan Peake does very good Backing-Vocals and the new Drummer Daniel Adair does a great job and is much better than the Band's former drummer.

"All the right reasons" is one of this year's best Albums and tahts why i tell you to buy it^^.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing different: You're opinion of Nickelback won't be changed by this CD, October 7, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
Nickelback is kinda like the American version of Rammstein. If you didn't like their previous albums, you're more than likely not going to like this one. However, if you are a fan of Silver Side Up and the Long Road, you will love this. (Quiet down, old-school Nickelbackers. The band went out of their way to stick a song in this album that they've been playing for years live with "Next Contestant".)

I can hear the criticisms coming now, even though I've only read a few reviews of this CD. It's... unimaginative, repetitive, etc etc. I tend to disagree. This is the first time Nickelback has used piano in their music- for a band out of the badlands of Alberta it's interesting to hear that. In addition, the band uses Pantera ex-guitarist Dimebag's unused solos for one of their songs (actually a tribute song to Dime) and use the lead singer of ZZ Top for another song. Also, Nickelback recorded a song

that they perform live often, adding some more lyrics onto it and a bridge with Next Contestant. In my opinion, it might still be Nickelback, with the distinctive sound of Nickelback, but they are trying some new things. You will hear less and less of the How You Remind Me repeats here, with the stanza, chorus, stanza 2, chorus, bridge, stanza 1 again format on this album. More of the songs have a frenetic pace to them, like Animals and Someone that You're With. Overall, Nickelback has it figured out- they are probably content with the size of their hardcore fan base, and aren't out to impress anymore. This album isn't anything new, but people who are already Nickelback fans should enjoy the new tunes.

Follow You Home: 8/10, love the ZZ Top part

Fight For All The Wrong Reasons: 6/10, the beginning reminds me of Godsmack

Photograph: 7/10, corny song, but it does kinda make you think back to your high school days

Animals: 10/10, my favorite song on the album

Savin' Me: 7.5/10, I know this is going to be a single

Far Away: see above

Next Contestant: 9/10, I love this song. It's addicting and I love that they put a great live song on an album finally

Side of a Bullet: 10/10, a tribut to Dimebag Darrell, and they nailed it, complete with a posthumous Dimebag solo

If Everyone Cared: See comments on Savin' Me and Far Away

Someone You're With: 7/10, catchy, you gotta get there early to get the girl

Rockstar: 7.5/10, reminds me a lot of See You At the Show, and it's funny because Kroeger has to be aware that some of the things he's singing about, he has experienced

there you go, kids. Always spay and neuter your pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely the sound of rockstars, July 1, 2008
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
This album is so good that its honestly challenging of me to think of which ones are my favorites. This album will grow on you each listen. My husband got this album for me as a birthday gift and I am glad that he did. The reason being is that I really thought all of the songs on the cd are great. However my top five favorite songs on this cd are "animals", "if everyone cared", "rockstar", "saving me" and "follow you home". The thing that I like most about this cd is that it is an all purpose cd in the fact that you can listen to it in multiple occasions. I have listened to it on my way to and from work, when I go for walks outside, at work, and at home. The best thing about this cd is there are is going to a song for everyone that is on this album.

1.0 out of 5 stars No "Right Reasons" to buy this album..., December 9, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
Listening to this album, I constantly asked myself how anyone could possibly enjoy it. It seemed so shallow, predictable, and lifeless compared to anything else in my CD collection. But after some rumination, I've arrived at an explanation. Allow me, at the risk of sounding incredibly pretentious, to present the allegory of Plato's Cave. Suppose a group of people are raised from birth inside a darkened cave, chained to chairs facing a wall. Now, on this wall shadows of forms are projected. Now, given that these people are raised from birth inside the cave, these shadows and forms are all they know of the world; in their minds, they ARE the world. But suppose one of them is dragged to the surface, and sees for the first time what the world is really like, full of color and life. And if they went back down into the cave, they'd never be able to look at the pictures on the wall as anything but mere shadows.

So it is with music. For most people, their only experience with music comes in the form of sanitized, corporate radio-rock, typified by Nickelback. But once you listened to music beyond the mainstream; been "dragged out of the cave" so to speak, you never really look at the mainstream with such fondness as you did before.

What's sad about "All The Right Reasons" is that Nickelback, either through a conscious decision on their part or by pressure from their label, refused to expand, develop, or otherwise alter their sound at all. Rest assured, if you liked "Silver Side Up" or "The Long Road" you'll love "All The Right Reasons." But if you found those albums to be soulless, manufactured and repetitive, you'll be able to say the exact same thing about this album, too. Nickelback exemplify 100% safe, watered down, exceedingly simplistic and generic Hard Rock. This is the kind of music you can imagine Soccer Moms "rocking out" to. Listening through ATRR painfully reminded me why I had left mainstream "verse-chorus-verse" rock behind a long time ago.

"All the Right Reasons" hits all the right cliches for generic, formulaic rock. We've got the more aggressive track "Animals" so that the band can establish some kind of hard rock credibility. We've got the made-for-a-hit-single "Photograph," the supposedly angry swagger of "Next Contestant" and syrupy, cheesy dreck like "If Everybody Cared" or "Far Away." By far the worst track has to be "Rockstar," where Chad brags about how good it will be when he's a big rock star, which is a pitiful attempt at being sarcastic and ironic, but only comes across as being unintentionally honest, given that the band clearly have their sights set on money-making and nothing else.

"All the Right Reasons" is yet another bland offering from the masters of mass-produced, corporate rock. Nothing dangerous, nothing new. The sound of Nickelback is not of a band wishing to express themselves artisticly; it's the sound of a band who have found a very profitable trend and are going to milk it as long as they can. Spend your money elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best since Silver Side Up, October 5, 2005
This review is from: All the Right Reasons (Audio CD)
Forget the fact that I'm a serious Nickelback fan--this CD is absolutely one of the best I have heard from ANYBODY in a very long time. Every single song on the CD is fantastic. How often can you say THAT about a CD? They have grown as musicians and as songwriters. The arrangements are fabulous. Daniel Adair adds a whole new dimension to the band. "Photograph" achieves what they intended: takes a person down memory lane. "Animals" is exactly what a person wants out of a hard-rocking song--lots of sex and guitars. "Fight For All the Wrong Reasons"? It reminds me of a tumultuous (yet fun) relationship with an ex-lover. Personal information aside, I highly recommend this CD.

All The Right Reasons