5.0 out of 5 stars Unharmed by Sandy
This umbrella is huge. Huge enough to impress all the ladies. Huge enough to make men shake in their boots. And SO huge that, even after taking it out during Hurricane Sandy in Boston, when the winds popped the umbrella, it didn't break. Just folded it back to normal, and it's like nothing ever happened. 5 stars.
Published 23 months ago by Conor

2.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, but Cannot Withstand New York Winds
I had taken this umbrella out a few times before today, and found it attractive and overall a decent umbrella.

Then, today, I took it out in heavy winds. I managed less than a block before the wind blew it inside out and it crumpled. This wasn't like a clean turn, the kind that can be turned rightside-out again. It was absolutely ruined.

So: great if...
Published 17 months ago by Anastasia

5.0 out of 5 stars Unharmed by Sandy, October 31, 2012
This review is from: All-Weather Elite Series 60 inch Black Auto Open Golf Umbrella (Lawn & Patio)

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE!, November 29, 2011
As with any huge umbrella, it can be a hassle to carry when it ends up not raining. But to confirm this umbrella is twice the size as my $10 one from target, so I believe it could easily fit 2 people, 3 if u were huddled. The real wood handle makes it nice, and the metal support looks like it would withstand high winds. The tip is carbon fiber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windy city tested, windy city approved, July 25, 2013
I've used this during multiple rainstorms now in Chicago with heavy winds and have never had any problems with it blowing inside out or other umbrella issues. It opens and closes very smoothly and when closed, has a very small profile so it's easy to carry.

Now, this thing is big, so depending on your needs it may be too big. For myself, I am around 6'1" tall (185.42cm) and even when carrying a backpack, keeps myself and backpack dry. If your shorter or don't carry a backpack or something else, then you may want to look at something smaller.

I bought two of these, one for myself and one for my brother, and if we lose them I'd buy them again since I'm very happy with the umbrella.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella, October 19, 2011
KP (Charlottesville, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
I needed to offset the past bad review with my experience. Since this product delivery is now fulfilled by Amazon, you should not expect delays in delivery, and I received mine in 2 days with prime. So from that standpoint, no issues any more.

As for the actual performance of it, it doesn't look amazing on the first look, there was a tiny pinched hole in the cloth but I don't think it's big enough so it will leak. I am still to take it out, it hasn't rained since I received it. Overall, I think it's a great buy for the price, it's very large and covers definitely more than 1-2 people. I kind of wish the handle was twisted, but oh well. If it performs well in the wind, I might give it even 5 stars as to price/performance merit.

Update: took it out in a rain the other day, was more than good for two people, loved how it felt. very happy with this purchase! It can however be a drag if you are going through smaller spaces/walkways, it got caught on lamp posts etc...

2.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, but Cannot Withstand New York Winds, April 12, 2013

So: great if you need a prop. Don't try to use it in any city that has actual wind.

Guess I'm off to buy a Gustbuster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Umbrella, May 16, 2012
I had replaced an umbrella that was slightly larger than this one. I am pleased that this one is large enough to keep both my dog and I dry. One button and it opens easily is very nice. You can smoothly pull on the middle to retract the canopy and return it to the closed position. Very impressive. At this time, I am very pleased with my choice. The handle is smooth and comfortable to hold. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one will last as long at the one I just threw away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, March 29, 2013
I've only used one twice during heavy rains in CHicago.

Worked out great, did not break in high winds, professional looking and keeps your whole body dry. Easily enough rooms for two people or to do an ok job covering a person in a wheelchair or using a walker.

I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elite Umbrella, September 19, 2012
This is and excellent product for its price. Looks great; has strong core; holds strong under our Florida downpours. Get it one before its too late. Im cosidering getting more for the rest of the family. Thanx Jojo

4.0 out of 5 stars Business class, May 20, 2012
The handle isn't real wood, but it looks like it. It opens very quickly, and the mechanics of the umbrella seem to be strong and reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps me dry, September 3, 2014
This is my first big girl umbrella. I have always bought the cheap little umbrellas that fit in my purse because I hate having to think about bringing an umbrella with me. I have to say that this one is worth the hassle. I stay completely dry & don't feel like I have to "shrink" myself with my arms glued to my side, so half of me doesn't get drenched.