Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on April 2, 2013
I wasn't a fan of this book. It has a lot of good ideas in it, don't get me wrong. Personally i just didn't like the book because it seemed to be more about the "Intern Queen" trying to sell her own brand and seemed show-offish. She talked about herself and her twitter stuff too much. I found it overbearing at some points in the book. The book does give a lot of useful tips, but most are common sense. The chapters were fairly interesting and the book will be useful if you are new to the job market and will help you with things you may not have thought about already. If your not fresh out of High School, this book offers very little as you have most likely experienced everything you will need for an interview and job.
on January 17, 2012
Lauren Berger is one of the most driven individuals I know. This book WILL help you achieve your goals and dreams. If you feel lost when it comes to Internships, this book will teach you and guide you through your journey in your search for the perfect internship. Lauren genuinely cares about each and every student whose life she touches. She is knowledgeable, and determined, and definitely knows what it takes to get to the TOP! I recommend this book to ANY highschool or college student who is looking to make big it in this world!!
on January 3, 2012
This is the book everyone has been waiting for. A book with advice for high school, college and grads looking to find internships, build their resumes and brand themselves. Lauren Berger is an amazing young entrepreneur who built her own brand from the ground up. She knows what it takes to find something your passionate about and make it happen. You can tell through her writing the passion she has for internships which makes you just as excited and motivated to find your own passion. She tells you all the little secrets and tips of the trade any young student in this economy needs to know to make it and land the internship/job of their dreams. I've never found another book like it. It is like having your own career counselor at your finger tips. Makes a perfect gift for the student in your family and the perfect graduation gift for those looking to learn how to market themselves. Don't miss out on this opportunity.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
All Work No Pay is an easy to understand, concise, and interesting guidebook. It goes through the step by step process of how to prepare oneself for an internship. Further, the networking, organization, and overall business etiquette tips extend far beyond internships. I have already had four internships and I still found a lot of the information useful and relevant. I will definitely be practicing better communication skills and be more assertive when I am ready to apply for jobs after college. On the other hand, students just starting out will find the book incredibly helpful as well since Lauren starts with the basics. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is searching for a new position at any level.
on March 27, 2012
I am so thankful that I bought this book before starting my summer internship search; the summer internship before your senior year is so critical to your future success, and I know that, as a student in PA, I would not have successfully secured an internship in New York City this summer without the help of Berger's book. This book takes you through the entire internship process, from teaching you how to find your dream internship, up through showing how to use the contacts you have made in the internships to secure a full-time job after graduation. I constantly refer back to this book when applying for internships, interacting with internship coordinators, and when I'm seeking advice for being at an internship; it's my internship-search Bible. I have recommended, and will continue to recommend this book to all of my college friends, and any college student who wants to pursue their dream career.
on January 15, 2012
Dear Parents, If you have a budding young adult who could use some parental advice, yet their parental receptors are full- Buy this book and save your breath! This book gives students a step by step guide on how to make the most of their college education and the organizational tools to get there, themselves.
A perfect High School graduation gift and a quick,and engaging read.
on August 28, 2012
Known as "The Intern Queen" in her college years because of her extraordinary ability to land them, Lauren Berger completed 15 student internships. But she didn't do it to land a job.
Companies with the top 50 internship programs do recruit a large number of interns for entry-level hires. Ernst & Young, for example, made job offers to 92 percent of its interns in 2009, and 83 percent of Proctor & Gamble's interns had job offers that same year.
ALL WORK, NO PAY is the ultimate guide to landing college internships. The list of careers launched through interning is a long one - Oprah Winfrey, for example, interned with a CBS affiliate, and Brian Williams did an internship with the Carter administration.
Berger's book offers detailed how-to on finding and choosing an internship, and specifics on résumés and other tools you need in the search. Her analysis of social media and branding for the internship seeker is on the money, with solid advice on avoiding "the Facebook paparazzi" and the key do's and don'ts for using Twitter and LinkedIn. The book includes a terrific section on practice questions for interviews.
Not every internship will lead to a job offer, but a job offer is not the reason to pursue one. Berger turned down a job offer during what she calls her coolest internship, because the timing was wrong - school was her top priority at the time, and she wasn't willing to sacrifice that for a cool job. "The professional contacts I built at my internships are still paying off on a daily basis," she says. "While an internship does not guarantee a job with an employer, it does guarantee an experience - an experience that takes you one step closer to where you want to be after college."
Any student who's serious about strategically pursuing a career will benefit from Berger's expertise on the ins and outs of college internships.
on February 14, 2015
I read your book “All Work, No Pay” when I was a sophomore in college. I just graduated this past December, and when I read it years ago, I highlighted so much of it, left tabs for quick references, and referred to it often when I was searching for internships. Reading about the amount of internships she completed during her time in college was inspiring. I started interning when I was just a freshman, and the book kept me on task for continuing to intern. I completed 5 internships, along with many other jobs, during my college career. They gave me so many experiences both professionally and personally that have helped me in interviews.

The biggest part of the book that has helped me for years has been the spreadsheet to keep track of internships/jobs to apply for and keep track of. When graduation approached a few months ago, I dove into the job search and that spreadsheet (with my own tweaks and personalization) was a LIFESAVER. It helped me keep track of where I was in the process with all of my applications, who to contact, interview dates, links to the company's website and job descriptions, etc.

Now I have accepted a position in my field, and I'm so excited to get started! I know that my internship experiences had a lot to do with my ability to get a job so quickly, and I wouldn't have had the motivation to keep so busy with them when I was in college if I hadn't read this book.

I absolutely recommend this for people in high school and undergrads in college.
on January 3, 2012
Two years ago, I decided to intern for Intern Queen Inc. I had been following the company since I was a freshman at Florida State University & was anxious to land my first internship at a company I was passionate about. Now, a senior in college, I cannot even begin to express how glad I am that I was given the opportunity to intern with Lauren Berger. Throughout the years, Lauren has taught me a tremendous amount of things including how to be a rockstar intern, how to brand yourself online & how to be a true entrepreneur. This book is an incredible resource for students, interns, & young professionals alike. Trust me, after completing 15 internships in only 4 years, Lauren is one of the most knowledgeable resources when it comes to all things internships!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2015
Dear College Students, this book is the ultimate guide to landing any internship! After hearing that the Intern Queen herself was going to be attending Pace University for our Dress for Success event I immediately went out and purchased this book. This book gave me the guidance I needed in landing my first internship ever. Not only was this book a huge help but if it wasn't for the InternQueen website I would have never had the opportunity to hear about all the amazing intern postings .... (which is where I was able to land my first internship from). Everyone should do themselves the favor of purchasing All Work, No Pay TODAY!