5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get any better
Published 21 months ago by Ralf Conquest

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT BUY!!!
Alldaymall(TM) 7-inch Capacitive Touch Screen Android 4.0 Tablet PC with Allwinner A13 1.0GHz 512MB/4GB WiFi Front-camera (Black)

Published 17 months ago by Porsha Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get any better, March 28, 2013
I bought a generic tablet back before tablets were really popular. It was android 1.5 and no upgrades were really feasible. I used it and loved it. But finally decided to replace it. So I did lots of research and found that tablets are all over the charts these days from reasonably priced to extreme. I read the specs on this tablet and it was a story of sounding a little too good to be true. But I took a gamble based on the low price and I bought. I will say I couldn't be happier. Everything works. Browsing the web is just like a pc speedwise. The Googleplay store works like a champ. I love the voice active search. I can speak what I want it to look for and it finds it. I have used this many more times that I ever thought I would. And this wasn't even listed on the features for the product listing so I consider it a bonus. My wife and I raced to see who could lookup a listing of songs by an old band we remembered. She on her laptop and I on my tablet. I spoke and she typed. I won of course. You will be happy you bought this tablet. Its better than some of those twice this price easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good tablet, May 9, 2013
After being pleased with a Coby Kyros Mid 7122 and later being disappointed after buying a Coby Kyros MID 7042, I decided to give a shot to another budget tablet company that I haven't heard of. In fact, I'm not even sure what the name of the Tablet is other than an A13 tablet.
I have to say...I'm more than pleased with my purchase. Now, onto my review-

Appearance/Design-

The first thing I noticed about this tablet is the fact that it's really thin. Not paper thin or anything, but comparable to Razr products being that it's about a centimeter in thickness.
The colors are quite typical of budget tablets; it has a dark gray finish with black trim around the screen.
One thing I wasn't too crazy about because I'm so used to my budget tablets being Coby Kyros design, would be that the inputs are in awkward spots. For example, the AC power jack input it located at the very top of the tablet as is the USB input. It just seems weird.
The power button is on top (when I'm used to it being on the side as well) and the volume button is on the side of the tablet. (right side)

Score- 8/10

Interface/stability-

This runs on android 4.0, but it can be upgraded and I believe mine is running on 4.1 or something along the lines.
The one thing I wasn't crazy about was how big the icons are. I mean, they're huge and seem more suitable for a 10-inch tablet, however, this isn't the case. I've also noted that there aren't any options to change the size of the icons whatsoever. (Perhaps there's an app to help out, but why waste space?)
Anyway, unlike the craptacular Coby Kyros mid 7042, this tablet DOES NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH CRASHING.
The customizable options are a little limited however and certain options found in earlier versions of android tablets are nowhere to be found in this one.
Apps work really well on this tablet. Apps such as Netflix, Youtube (which is not pre-installed), Angry Birds, Temple Run, Fruit Ninja HD (which is pre-installed), Fish game and others run just fine with the only flaw I can possibly think of being that if you play a game while using a live wallpaper and the screen goes to "sleep", once you tap the program again, the screen will be a weird color (equivalent to that of a negative photo), until you do a quick exit and tap the game again to play it. This was minor at best and it wasn't a tablet-breaking experience. This minor quirk also didn't "freeze" the tablet or cause it to restart.
It's just an excellent firmware with 4.0 plus interface that works as described.

Score- 9.5/10

Speed-

This tablet is really fast. The speed is comparable to the Coby Kyros 4.0 or perhaps even some high end tablets.
The only downer is that at times after web pages load, you'll often have to touch the screen an extra time or two because for "some" web pages, it has a slight delay. It's really not much to speak of but still worth noting. Games run like a charm. I played Fruit Ninja and it's really fast, the graphics have no lag, there's no input lag or anything.
Netflix was slightly different because it needed a little extra time to start, but once it started, I was able to watch movies and shows, exit and re-initialize the program and actually the second time I re-opened Netflix, it loaded slightly faster for some reason. The start up time is somewhere around 20 seconds or less in some cases.

Score- 9.8/10

Features/toucscreen/Sound-

This tablet features Google Play and it's very easy to setup. Basically, if you have a google account (gmail), you'll enter your gmail with password and it syncs. Nothing more needs to be done. In addition to syncing with google, you can also add your regular emails to keep in sync with everything.
Personally, I'm not that crazy about Google play and I sort of prefer 1mobilemarket, but in Googleplay, you have all the apps you could possibly ask for with the exception of the few that are signature apps such as Amazon Kindle (my favorite)...
This tablet also has a sound recorder, camera/camcorder (yes, you can do skype and such, but the camera is just ok. Make sure you have enough light or at least tweak the camera settings for Skype), it comes with what's called a 2160p pvideo player which actually has really good quality for streaming videos off an SD card or downloaded videos. I haven't tried the music player but there's one pre-installed, it has voice search capability, I'm assuming a GPS/satellite addy that comes with Google play. I have the slightest idea how it works, and it also comes pre-installed with some games.
Anything else that you want will have to be downloaded by Googleplay, amazon app or 1mobile etc.

Now, onto the touchscreen which I love. It's fast, it's responsive, however, you can't calibrate it. It's no big deal because it's sensitive enough. The only delay you'll have with the touchscreen would be when web pages are loading.
One of the odd things about this tablet is actually the screen, because I'm not sure what it's made off, but it isn't slick like the other tablets I own. It feels dry, and it doesn't smudge for me.

The sound is good, but it doesn't have an equalizer or any tweaks to boost the volume. You may want to download an app called 'Speakerboost' if you want loud volume. Of course, it sounds great with earphones/headphones or any external speakers.

And finally, my cons list-

Cons-

The first thing I noticed about this tablet was how bright it was. It's extremely bright to the point of calling it slight oversaturation. Similar to if you turn your TV's brightness all the way up. This has no effect on videos but it does bother the battery life.

The battery life itself was really bad until I turned the brightness all the way down. (don't worry, it's still going to be bright) and downloaded an app called "Night Mode" which helped the battery life. Initially, however, the first few minutes of fiddling around with the tablet, the battery was dying by the minute. I can't estimate how long the battery life is but I've tested it without charging it for the past 2 and a half hours and it's still kicking at around 50 percent and lower. (Keep in mind that initially, I DID NOT download an app to tune the screen brightness)
Now that I have that app installed, the battery is quite normal. I'll have to update with an edit to tell everyone the exact battery life.
In my opinion however, the Coby Kyros brand has a much better battery life than this tablet. (also, the ac adapter doesn't plug all the way into the jack. It sticks out slightly. It looks weird)

Really, that's about the only con I could think of because I really like this tablet. It's fast, it was cheap (62 dollars), the placements are a little on the weird side, but the fact that it's so cheap and is comparable to my high end tablets, I'd definitely recommend buying this. Just keep in mind that the battery life is probably not the greatest, but you really can't beat the features for such a cheap price.

Edit- May, 13th, 2013

I'm still very happy with my tablet and still stand by my review. I'd definitely buy another one. Anyway...

The battery life is variable. It really depends on how bright the screen is and since there's no way to adjust the contrast other than an app extension, I'd estimate it around 3- 3 and a half hours max. (That's considering the fact that Wi-fi is on, sound is used and the device isn't on a charger)

The good thing about this tablet is that although the battery life isn't the best, it will charge really fast. (Barely takes 30 minutes to get it near full charge.)
I'm actually thinking of having a battery transplant done to this tablet.

Also, I had a question e-mailed to me about the date and time display on this tablet. The problem with the date/time is the fact that you have to manually set it. You really shouldn't have to set the time/date being that it's google play ready and the Wi-Fi connection usually takes care of that.

Update- (July, 10th, 2013)

Tablet is still going strong. I actually used it to play Rockpacalypse and it runs the game good. Still haven't had any issues with this tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tablet ., March 4, 2013
Really amazed that this level of technology is available for this price. The simple and elegant design rivals that of ipad, yet it come pre-loaded with google play so you can download all the apps you want. I use for business mostly, PDF, CRMs, etc... Works great with any Wi Fi(i.e starbucks, barnes and noble, mcdonalds). Full HTML5 web browsing (i was surprised by that). Screen is responsive and easy to clean battery holds chrage for a long time as long as you dim the brightness. No complaints here. Just lots of impressed clients.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT BUY!!!, July 28, 2013

First of all, I ordered 2 of these for my 5yr old and 3yr old who both know how to work tablets very well. At this price I was not expecting miracles but I thought that they would at least work for more than one day. Wow! I have never been more compelled to write a review as I am now.

When we first received the tablets (fast and packaged well) the kids were so excited. They came dead so that meant a few hours of charge time. The chargers are apparently not made for the tablet because they do not go down all the way (weird). One of the chargers just simply did not work at all. So I charged them both with the other charger.

At first they both worked fine but about an hour into using them the screens began to flicker and the graphics turned black and faded away. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!Please DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET! THEY ARE PURE CRAP!

I will just spend more to get Kindle Fires so at least my kids won't have to be broken-hearted again!Please don't ignore the bad reviews like I did. I REPEAT:THEY ARE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it is, April 2, 2013
I bought this little tablet for my 6 year old to be able to get online to do some of the educational activities that her school supports as well as be able to play some games and read books. I have to update the flash player I think, because some of the webpages don't perform correctly. I'm not really too terribly surprised by that though.

The screen is not very sensitive, but that's to be expected, I think, at this extremely low price, so I'm not really going to take anything off on that. The only reason I deducted a star is that the screen IS extremely scratch prone. My 6 year old has used it for a total of about 2 1/2 hours at this point and the screen has a dozen or more fine scratches on it. (fruit ninja) Given that this tablet is mainly going to be used by a kid I should have known to get a screen protector, but I didn't think about it. Still though, I would never have expected it to be scratched so easily.

Other than that, I really don't have any serious complaints. Took a while for the Google Play Store to come up. It just stayed there loading for more than an hour, and I wasn't sure it was ever going to come up, but just as I was giving up on it for the night, it came up. (causing me to lose another hour of sleep haha)

The camera isn't very good, but I didn't expect it to be. Again though, this is for a kid, and as I am writing this, she's running around with her sister taking videos of anything she can find. (including me writing this)

Audio is actually pretty good. It's actually a bit louder than I would have expected it to be, and it's pretty clear. No complaints there at all.

Alldaymall was surprisingly very speedy on delivery. I ordered the tablet and it couldn't have been more than 2 - 3 hours later Amazon sent me an email that said my order had shipped. I was pretty skeptical that it was accurate, but I checked later that night and it had already been scanned by the carrier. The order was scheduled for April 3rd - 5th but it arrived on the 1st. I was pretty pleased by that to say the least. In fact I ordered a protective cover (no screen protector) at the same time to go with it that was being shipped by Amazon, and it didn't SHIP until the 1st. I would give the seller 5+ stars. The tablet came in the original packaging wrapped in 2 sets of shipping material 1 UPS bubble envelope and a USPS shipping bag (no box, I was a little surprised by this, but it turned out ok).

OK well seeing how this is only the first full day that I've had the tablet, these are my first impressions and I'll update this review after we have gotten to know it a little better.

Update: After about a week now I thought I'd give an update. I downloaded several interactive books from Amazon and they all performed well. A couple of days ago my daughter was running across a parking lot and CRASH the tablet falls out of her hands and goes skidding across the asphalt. I figured it was toast, but other than some scratches on the back where it skidded and a scuffed corner where it impacted, the tablet works fine. Says a little something for durability in my book!

::Update::

Thanks to a comment made by another member, I found out that there is a nearly invisible shipping protector on the screen. That's what was scratched not the screen. Upgraded review to 5 stars, because even though the tablet isn't a great performer, it's not expensive either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!, August 1, 2013
Peter Iversen (Oxnard, CA United States) - See all my reviews
It is August 1 - this tablet stopped working today.

I have hardly used it - just downloaded 2 apps to read books and one book. Today I was using the calculator for some volunteer work and it just quit!

I charged it in the morning and now - nothing. The tablet does not respond to anything. Recharging or - anything.

I expected it to be simple and did not have a lot of heavy duty tasks for something that only cost $63.00 - but I did hope it would last for more than 6 weeks! Lots of things I can get for $10 a week that would be much more gratifying! The "warranty' expired 11 days ago!

BUYER BEWARE - there is no recourse when something like this just dies - only thing I can do now is use it as a paperweight.

How disappointing. This was my entry into the tablet age - a stepping stone to... whatever - and now...

So - is there anyone at Amazon who reads this? Anyone who wants to be accountable for the business they run - or is it the fault of the Chinese company that made this piece of junk.

Time will tell...

4.0 out of 5 stars It Ain't On Fire, But It'll Keep Ya Warm, May 13, 2013
Technophilos (Somewhere in the country's underbelly.) - See all my reviews
OK, it's a cheap tablet computer. Find the right apps and it works fine. It initially had some power and wireless issues, but, as a previous reviewer said, use a screen dimmer and blanker app and you'll get better battery life and less heat. My wireless issues went away with a reboot too. Hey, I thought ya didn't have to do that with Linux! Oh yeah, it's "almost Linux" - aka Android. Oh well.

Mine came with Android 4.1, so I'm that much more happy with it. It definitely needs a protective case though.

The screen is a bit better than OK. Once dimmed, it's quite usable. It plays movies clearly without any fuzz or jitter. It surfs the web (well, Firefox does...) It comes with all the USB plugs you'll need too. The sound is a bit low - but clear. Hey, whaddya expect from a speaker the size of a tictac?

The battery life is its defining characteristic. It's short. Unless you bring a charger, it ain't gonna be entertaining you with movies while you're out deer hunting... It does, however, come with a bunch of irritable birds installed. Boy are they fun!

So, for the price of dinner for two at an midscale sit-down restaurant, you get a tablet computer. Pick one.

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect lil tablet, March 9, 2013
This tablet was a replacement but I have to say it sounds better than the one it replaced that is the speakers and it dose more than I could have thought if you are looking for a 7". Tablet this is the one and at a great price. I just love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 14, 2013
Bought 2, my fiancé and I both use these every day. Would have no problem recommending this product to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Does more than what I expect., May 4, 2013
I originally purchased this product to read .pdf textbooks for my graduate classes. Though I had to upgrade to a later edition of Adobe, I can do what I needed with no problem. For the price, the tablet works just as well, if not, better than a friend of mine's kindle fire. It has the same features but without the heavy cost.
I also purchased a case with the keyboard and a USB splitter, and the USB is able to support both a keyboard and a mouse, and you can use it just like a laptop computer. (Once you get used to the small keyboard).

This is my first tablet, I've always used apple products and It was not difficult to take this out of the box and figure out how to use this.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this product, and so far, it's living up to my expectations for an electronic device.