5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than I expected based on other reviews
Published 9 months ago by MommaJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Allegra K Top
Published 18 months ago by Wesley

3.0 out of 5 stars Allegra K Top, December 24, 2012
I ordered this top because it was affordable and looked cute in the picture. I did standard shipping, and it seemed to take forever to arrive (about a month), but I knew that when I ordered it. The shirt itself is cute and comfortable. However, regular shirts only have one seem going down the sleeve (usually on the underneath side). This shirt has two, so you have a seem going down the top of your arm, too. It feels awkward and uncomfortable, but I'm sure I'll get used to it...but it looks weird on. The fit is fine, but the seam is bothersome. The buttons on the front look a little cheap, too. There are zero tags on this shirt, so I'm not sure how to wash it.

Overall, it's a fine shirt for the price. I'll probably wear it to bum around in when I run errands. I won't order any more clothes from Allegra K because I'm not impressed with the "craftsmanship."

Just FYI, I'm 5'7 and 150 lbs, and the medium fits fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than I expected based on other reviews, September 30, 2013
MommaJ (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I am very apple shaped, and self conscious of my tummy. This looked a little blousy about the middle, so I thought I would give it a try. I expected a 'wear and toss' kind of shirt, but this is actually solidly constructed. I bought the navy, and it does have black buttons, but they don't look too big on an extra large shirt. I usually wear between a 12 and 14, and this XL fits me well; not to big that it looks sloppy, and not to tight and revealing of my midsection. It is longer than most shirts which is nice with leggings, but it isn't dress length. I am a mid thirty mother of several and not super trendy, but this is nice to have so I'm not showing up in jeans and a t-shirt all the time. Easy to accessorize with since it is pretty plain, too. I like it, and it makes me want to try more Allegra K clothing!

UPDATE: This is still a great shirt two months later, but don't bother trying the Women Round Neck Mesh Decor Sleeve Autumn Loose Shirt, definitely not the same cut OR fabric.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all like picture, September 21, 2012
Kitty "Kitty" (Milford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
Like other reviewers mentioned I got a shirt with flat black buttons that really look to big for the shirt not the silvery buttons shown. Also they are not even sewn on in a straight line. It's not as loose or long as shown either. I am 5'4" and a 106lbs with a smaller bust.Maybe I should have gone sm instead of xs. The seams on the arms are really puffy like someone took to much in when sewing, gives an odd look. To be honest is reminds me of a sweatshirt and so I will keep it for after yoga classes. The other shirt I ordered I did like. So, like I saw another reviewer say on another Allegra K item, it might be hit or miss with this company. I didn't expect high quality for the price but did hope to get something close to what was pictured.

1.0 out of 5 stars An oversized fuchsia sweatshirt, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Allegra K Woman Buttons Decor Front Boat Neck Ribbed Trim Spring Top (Apparel)
I bought this thinking it would be a nice casual shirt for work. This is an oddly fitting sweatshirt. Returned!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm not so much, December 19, 2012
Looks more like an old sweat shirt-I like how it drapes the rear though, if it was different material would probably be great

1.0 out of 5 stars dislike, February 24, 2013
not impressed. I ordered a small and received an extra large. Did not like quality nor style doesn't look same as picture at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, May 27, 2013
I was not impressed with this at all. It took a long time to get here. It looked nothing like the picture.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, January 23, 2014
I didn't read any reviews before purchasing this item and wish I had. It took about 3 weeks to get with standard shipping. The two seams along the arms feel weird and a little bothersome, although not terrible but the fit isn't anything like shown on the picture. I typically wear a 10-12. I bought a Large, which was recommened for size 12 and the shirt barely comes to my hips. It doesn't drap down over my thighs like the picture shows and it's a little more snug than I'd like. As for the material, it is somewhat like a sweatshirt; but you can't really tell unless you touch it. It does look nice and the color is pretty, I just think the way it's put together is cheap. The buttons don't align to the side like the pictures shows either, it's almost in the middle but off just a tad and instead of looking cute, it looks like it was sown impropperly. I wouldn't buy another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars great material, but very disappointing fit, December 19, 2012
I'm 5'4 and 125 pounds...the medium was HUGE!!! It was a good length and the material was great...very nice and soft (but, seems like it will stretch out easily), but the fit was very sloppy. I think that I would need an extra small to begin to look like the picture. Overall, I loved the shirt for the price...if it fit a lot smaller. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the effort to return for a smaller size or just re'gift it;) I think it would feel great to wear, but, it looks ridiculous on me as it is:)

5.0 out of 5 stars lets be realistic, January 20, 2014
People , these models are 5"2 and under 100 pounds . its tells you this if you read the info. If your not 5"2 or around that. No, the shirt won't fit you like it does in the pic. Not saying it wouldn't look good on anyone else, just have realistic expectations. Yes they run small and sometimes it hit or miss. If you dont want to take that risk . go to tj max and try some clothes on before you buy them.

Rate and Discover Movies