Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 12 D(M) USColor: Black/brownChange

on February 6, 2014
There are a couple of issues I would like to let you know about. These shoes are size 11 and don’t fit right – they are too short and too narrow, even though they are medium width. I have previously ordered this same size and width and they fit me fine. Also, the die in the leather is bleeding through to the inside. When I wore them briefly, I had black all over my heels.
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2012
These shoes do run a little narrow, but are great. They are very comfortable and look good with jeans or slacks. The quality is on par with all Allen Edmonds. I use the shoes often and they still look brand new and fit like a glove.
on November 4, 2012
I like this shoe for its look and also for the brand name. Normally, I wear cheaper shoes, but the Boulder loafer is very reasonably priced for an Allen Edmonds product. As is all too common when buying shoes sight unseen I found some fitting issues. The size is true for my feet and generally comfortable, but the last used was too full for my heel area. I felt some slippage, but my heel did not release from the shoe when walking. Had there been more room than this I would have had to return them.

I emailed Allen Edmonds and a service rep replied quickly. She suggested that I move to half-size down, but I felt that would have run too small. A woman on the internet, who was apparently a shoe salesperson, posted a suggestion of placing a half-length sole insert into the front part of the shoe to move the foot back into the heel area. This trick worked great and my purchase now fits perfectly

Overall, I like this shoe for its looks, wearability, and brand cache. Some fitting adjustments were necessary for me, but not unexpected given an internet purchase. Next time, I will probably look into visiting the store for a proper fitting.
33 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
As made, I did not enjoy the product because it ran far too narow and then buying a size up just makes it too long. At the recommendation of my local cobbler, I purchased a size up which gave me proper width but then too long. Cobbler then added a foam padding under the "tounge" or roof of shoe that stopped my foot from sliding forward. It's now my go-to / everyday shoe.

I still give it three stars, because it required modifications. The mods were about $5
on April 23, 2015
I love these shoes, the look and feel and comfort. I can't wear them all day but that's an issue with my feet, not the shoes.

Incidentally I have the tan/brown version but I would also get the lighter version of that color if I could find them in my size.
on January 18, 2015
I ordered this because I like the looks. Although I ordered a 3E, it wasn't quite as wide as expected. A bit uncomfortable during the first 3 wearings of up to 3 hours. They do look good. I'm hoping for great comfort after a long break in period.
on April 17, 2014
Good product. Quite comfortable. Fits is good. The color shading balance is perfect. The only issue is that the product is for light use. In my case the threading was not that satisfactory. Overall nice buy.
on November 5, 2014
The shoe slips on easily and looks great. Dresses up casual wear and puts ease into more formal attire. Great to slip into and out of at the airport or around the house. Comfortable and durable.
on September 19, 2014
I own many pairs of Allen Edmonds. I have a very high instep and these shoes are the most comfortable of the slip-ons (on the EEE size). Lightweight and beautiful.
on December 23, 2013
I have two other pair of Allen Edmond shoes and was disappointed with these. I would not buy another pair online.