5.0 out of 5 stars 16 years of happiness
Published on October 6, 2012 by George

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid buying through Amazon
So this is my 4th pair of Allen Edmonds, my oldest pair is going of 4 years, very strongly, and I'm extremely happy with them. These are the only Allen Edmonds I've purchased online. I would say the quality of the online purchase, is not on par with the shoes I bought in store. The leather seems to be always dry, and not nearly as soft. These are not as comfortable, and...
Published 10 months ago by Michael Crnkovich

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 years of happiness, October 6, 2012
George (Rockville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen-Edmonds Men's Fifth Avenue Walnut Calf Oxford (Apparel)
I bought my first pair of Allen Edmonds when I got my first real job in 1996. I lived in NYC, and walked from 92nd St to 34th St to get work everyday. Sixteen years later they're still great. I've had them refurbished 2 or 3 times because I wore through the sole. But they still look the way a man's shoe is supposed to look, and for walking they're as comfortable as sneakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, October 6, 2010
I bought these to wear to my wedding and for work. I am a fairly standard size 11 D and they fit perfectly right out of the box. The quality is exceedingly high, and the best part is that Allen Edmonds provides recrafting for when they wear out.
Despite the leather being thick and durable, the shoes are quite comfortable.
I was lucky enough to get these on sale from Amazon - even with shipping, I would have paid nearly twice as much from a Canadian shoe store.
All-in-all great value for a premium product.

5.0 out of 5 stars American Craftmanship, September 4, 2011
Okay, I'm sick and tired of shoddy imports served up at high prices. If I'm going to pay for quality, it's going to be American made quality and this dress shoe from Allen Edmonds fits the bill. These people still know and respect their products and their customers. The quality is every bit what I expected to receive and the fit is perfect. They offer a very wide selection of sizes, so you don't need to "get close and break them in." The quality is so readily visible that it actually enhances the look of a great suit of clothes. Go on,spend a few bucks and get the best. American workers deserve our support and they are getting it from me. They should get it from you too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, May 10, 2013
Purchased these on behalf of my Dad, they were delivered just before his work lunch break so he found them when he walked in. He was so excited, couldn't resist temptation to take other pair of shoes he had on off and model around the house in these! His comment "feels like they were tailored made for me!" says they are lighter on his feet than his other shoes and extremely comfortable. Can't wait for his next pair! So safe to say thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Shoes for a Lifetime, April 28, 2011
My father turned me onto Allan Edmonds many years ago when I was a kid and have been super happy ever since. Admittedly I wear the black shoes a great deal much more so than the burgundy ones I got. In fact, I would say that the black shoes have gone with me to more than 50 countries over the year. They travel well, hold their shine well, reshine well, and in my experience they have broken in pretty quickly and easily. I didn't see much variability in sizing from pairs of shoes to pair of shoes which is a real benefit. Overall a staple shoe that everyone should have in their closets.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW great shoe, August 5, 2011
Could not be more pleased with the looks and the fit of these shoes. The quality is second to none!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for a dark brown shoe!, December 24, 2010
Definitely a good quality shoe. The dark burnished brown leather is rich looking and feels great. I love how this particular size on this last is just like the shoe was custom made for me. I'm glad such craftsmanship is available at such a relatively low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allen Edmond Men's Fifth Avenue Shoes, September 14, 2011
I found the shoes to be classy looking and a really good fit. The Service from Amazon was really good. I was a bit concerned about buying shoes, using US sizes, but I got it right. I used an online size comparison chart which turned out to be spot on. The shoes arrived at my home in Australia exactly on the day stated on the product tracker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe!, October 26, 2012
2nd pair of Alan Edmounds. These Look and feels great! I have a pair of Strands, and I think I like these just a little better. Overall, great quality in craftsmanship and the look and color of the shoe is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes I've ever owned, September 18, 2012
Hands down this is the finest and most beautiful pair of shoes I've ever owned. They broke in well are wearing well despite a mile walk in them almost daily and still look new. Get the cedar inserts to maximize the life of the shoe. Looking forward to getting a similar pair in black.

Allen-Edmonds Men's Fifth Avenue Walnut Calf Oxford