4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely-looking 'rock' shoe, December 4, 2012
I love the way it looked in the images and on the rack. I loved the way it looked when i first unboxed it. But it didn't look as nice on my feet, and looks a little 'puffed up'. Perhaps some break-in is needed first.

Speaking of break-in, since this is my first experience with Goodyear welted shoes, the feeling of my feet against the sole was like stepping on a rock. The inner lining is relatively comfy though. At my size of US 9D on the AE fit and size paper guide, the Jefferson is more or less true to size. I have some slight heel slip though. If you have much larger feet, you may consider going down 1/2 size in length according to the paper guide.

All in all, a pretty good shoe, save for the initial discomfort which apparently is consistent across all GY welted shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, May 2, 2014
Very comfortable and great looking shoes.

I will buy more Allen Edmonds in the future.
Highly recommended. Dark Brown is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend - The Wingtip of Wingtips, March 13, 2013
I am new to Allen Edmonds. I always dismissed the brand due to the price, but we all know the cliche - you get what you pay for. And these shoes are no exception. I am a 9D and recently obtained a new pair of Jeffersons in black. The quality of the materials (calf skin) and the exquisite craftsmanship and attention to detail will please the pickiest of any of my fellow American brothers. The shoes were true-to-size in fit. The Jefferson has a substantial sole, thicker than the McAllister, and yet, believe it or not, the shoes have been very easy on the feet. Shoes of this caliber typically "break YOU in", but these have been a true pleasure and it was unexpected how flexible the sole has been. You will truly love the wingtip details - the serrated edges, everything is "the real thing". These are wingtips that other makers only aspire to make - that's what I really like about Allen Edmonds - when you are tired of "playing around" with the wannabes and step up to the plate and get yourself some Edmonds, you will only then know the truth, and the truth will definitely set you free. One of the other great things I like about these is the quality of the leather. You know how a high quality leather jacket makes its unique "leather noises"? The Jeffersons do this as well, just like a fine, high quality leather jacket - not squeaking mind you, just that unique sound that only high quality leather makes - is music to my ears. AE makes one notch above these, the Cambridge in shell cordovan, but the Jefferson will really make you smile.

Allen Edmonds Men's Jefferson Oxford,Brown,9.5 D US