Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 27, 2011
While Allen Edmonds manufacture arguably a more substantial, or "clunky", shoe as opposed to the elegance of an Alden or the bench grade from the Brits, the Lubbock is designed to be rugged - and it is.

It is not a desert boot, but the calf is a bit thicker and the sole more pronounced. The Lubbock is Goodyear welted, but with external stitching running 360 to the upper. This shoe takes several wears before the calf gives and the sole molds, but there is a noticeable comfort that is well worth the wait.

My pair run a little large, but I don't think that I could take them 1/2 size smaller. I don't suffer an heel slippage, but there is slight gap. I wear them with thicker socks and jeans as well as linen trousers.
on July 8, 2013
Here's something they don't tell you about getting older: your feet get larger. After some 40 years of wearing a 12 B (not easy to find) I now need a 12 1/2 B (nearly impossible to find) or 13 B depending on the particular shoe. AE make shoes in a dizzying array of sizes including 13 B and for that I am truly grateful. The Lubbocks are my 5th pair of AEs. I also have two pairs of Aldens and two pairs of Breganos from back in the day before Nike bought and ruined Cole Haan. I bought the Lubbocks in 13 B. They were huge, probably more like a 14 B, a good half inch or more longer than another pair of 13 B AEs I own. Sent them back, got my refund pronto (thank you Amazon), ordered a pair in 12 B, they arrived in 2 days and fit like a glove, but a glove that's about a half size larger than advertised and needs breaking in. I like them, but they're odd shoes: too expensive to be casual, too casual to be dressy. The "distressed" leather is not uniformly tanned, so the toe box and vamp are a lighter shade of what is really sort of British tan not Chestnut, than the rest of the shoe. I'm glad I got them on sale at about 40% off the retail. That said, they do look good and feel good. Beautiful AE leather soles with Goodyear welt and they're built like leather trucks. They are iconoclastic and I plan to wear them a lot.
on April 30, 2013
This shoe is a keeper! It's built old school style that naturally draws the eye of most folks! These shoes just that ooze "quality". Once broken in and with some polish-- you get the "...nice shoes" line a lot! Another home run from good ol' Allen Edmonds!
on January 27, 2013
These shoes are, just as other reviews state, clunkier (or as I prefer, heavier) than the typical AE shoe. That is what makes them a great shoe. The distressed look is an uneven finish and perfect for days I don't want to look like I have just visited the shoe polish booth at the airport. Good choice with jeans and to break up the usual pattern of wing tips or drab black and gray. Due to the distressed look, you won't have to worry about a small scrape on the finish. Like a quality wood floor, just clean them with some saddlle soap and add some weatherproofing and they look better that before.
on April 8, 2013
The shoe, runs super large. Buyers should be made aware of that when contemplating this purchase.
Evidently you need to go down one half size when ordering, but after size 10, there is no 9.5 available.
So I'm out of luck I guess.
on February 20, 2012
The exact pair of these arrived in what appeared to be used condition and no replacement was available. I have 2 other pairs of AE shoes that I bought from Amazon that arrived in perfect brand new condition with no issues whatsoever so don't give up on Amazon or certainly not Allen Edmonds themselves. They are one of the few American shoe makers left and are generally of great quality.
on May 25, 2011
and I knew right away that I would be returning them. Half-dollar-sized dark spot on the leather, right atop the toe. How did this get past so many sets of eyes? Ouch. I have three pairs of AE and would hate to lose the faith.
on March 19, 2015
Great looking shoes and well made for the most part. I've had mine for about 2 years now but after about 1.5 years some of the stitching has started to come loose on the upper.