5.0 out of 5 stars Who makes a video for shoe trees??
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:33 Mins
YOU: Really, you made a video?
ME: I did.
YOU: Why?
ME: Because I can.

Shoe trees are simple. They keep the form of your shoe, suck up damaging moisture, and leave a nice smell. The invention has not changed much over the years.

PROS: Strong cedar smell and a solid design. Great price and has Prime...
Published 21 months ago by William Doerner

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quallity, poor fit
The Shoe Trees were of high quality, but the fit was not right. I wear a 7.5 or 8, and initially ordered a Medium. The Medium wouldn't fit my shoes so I reordered a Small. The small barely fit into my shoes, and I wasn't comfortable with the effort needed to get them in and out (figured I may be doing my more damage to my shoes than good!). In any event, I had...
Published 6 months ago by Gregory Morelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Who makes a video for shoe trees??, May 12, 2013
Length:: 0:33 Mins

YOU: Really, you made a video?
ME: I did.
YOU: Why?
ME: Because I can.

PROS: Strong cedar smell and a solid design. Great price and has Prime shipping.
CONS: None unless you wait too long and mistreat your shoes! Why spend a hundred (or more) dollars on nice shoes then slack on upkeep?

I needed a few more shoe trees because I have purchased more shoes and my only shoe tree (with a cameo appearance in the video) had lost its smell. These shoe trees are notable because the ends have a hook instead of a string and they have the split toe design. I am indifferent with the hook. The split toe is nice because the shoe trees can be inserted into a variety of shoes. I have a pair of loafers that are shorter but wider than the shoes in the video and this shoe tree fits fine (a little better than my older split toe shoe tree).

Initially, I picked up two sets. I was pleased enough that I ordered another two pairs.

UPDATE 11/2013: Hmmm...you wonder, how does that nice cedar wood smell after six months in your shoes? There is still a faint cedar smell (nowhere near as strong as when they arrived but it's still there). I rotate between wearing two main pairs of dress shoes and another less formal pair (worn no more than once a week). A combination of these shoe trees, regular shining, and the rotation has kept my shoes in pretty nice condition. I'm not easy on my shoes---I walk between 30-60 minutes each day between work and home (I'm in a walkable urban area) and I have put new soles on all 3 pairs of shoes. At the start of this year, I thought I would need several new pairs of shoes. I tend to think these shoe trees saved my dress shoes by returning their form, removing some creases, and extending their lifetimes. Maybe it's just because I started taking better care of the shoes. Either way, don't need to buy new ones too soon so I'm happy!

UPDATE 1/2013: I have been meaning to try out the sanding trick and update this post (thanks to the commenters!). Sanding works a little. The smell is (faintly) better but it is not nearly as strong as when the shoe trees first arrived. Perhaps the products had a cedar oil sprinkled on them initially. One set of them still smell better (without being sanded) than the others (that have been sanded) so it could also be hit or miss on the item. Regardless, the shoe trees are serving their main purpose of absorbing moisture and maintaining the form of the shoes to reduce wrinkles. For that, I remain happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick to a medium for a size 10 (Euro 43) shoe, January 11, 2012
I'm a size 43 EURO and 10/10.5 and the large size was too big. It was difficult to force these into my shoes and stretched them out. Stick to a medium and you will be more than happy. These are high quality shoe trees and are easy to use. The price is a little steep, but you aren't going to save much money going with another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Class, January 9, 2012
MVD_2080 "SuSEKing" (I am a citizen of the world taking refuge in the USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Combination Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
I am no stranger to shoe trees, I have been using them for a long time. In fact, until recently, I had two pair of leather shoes that I bought new 15 years old and aside from their style, they looked perhaps eight months old. I cleaned and polished those shoes after every second wearing, had the soles and heels replaced when they became worn, and of course, used shoe trees. When I recently bought some nice new shoes, I thought that I should update my tried and trusty, but tired shoe trees. After much Googling, I decided upon the Allen Edmonds combination cedar shoe tree. For the un-informed (which previously included me), the combination cedar shoe tree is for non-Allen Edmonds shoes. If you are fortunate to have Allen Edmonds shoes, then you want their full toe shoe tree.

Like I wrote earlier, I am familiar with shoe trees, but the Allen Edmonds are in a class of their own. They are hand sanded and you can feel the wood's smoothness. You can see that the wood is solid wood and not a veneer. The trees are actually curved for your left and right shoes ... that attention to detail surprised me. As another reviewer mentioned, the finger grip on the tree heel is very effective in removing the tree. It may be intuitive to some, but I'll add that when you insert the tree, you are supposed to ensure that the tree heel is firmly situated and then you reach into the tree with your fingers and push the split toe as far forward as it will go. It does not take a lot of pushing/pressure, but this push will properly seat the split toe and help prevent wrinkles/creases in the shoe.

My conclusions:

PROS: classy appearance, nice fit inside shoe to minimize wrinkles, reportedly absorbs moisture, easy to insert and remove, nice smell.

CONS: I have not identified any cons at this time. I will edit this review if my experience reveals any cons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value:you get what you pay for., June 4, 2011
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Combination Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
Although there is no discount in the price, this is a great product especially for the Allen Edmond's shoes, fitted beautifully. We recommend you go to the Allen Edmond's website as they have a much better shoe size grid for you to determine which size to buy. Perfect fit on first purchase and we'll probably get more. Made of cedar, very well made and smelled nice out of the box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Protect your shoes, June 29, 2009
These will protect your shoes by maintaining their shape and keeping them dry. The cedar smell is a side benefit.

Use the official Allen Edmonds sizing chart, but keep in mind that if you have wide feet like mine, the shoe trees may still not be wide enough. Err slightly on the side of a larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great, September 7, 2011
M. G. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
These shoe trees fit well and work great. Real Cedar smells good and absorbs the moisture and the shapes fill out the toe area well without adding new creases. Definitely worth it to protect expensive shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Shoe Tree, October 13, 2012
Reviewed several of Amazon's cedar shoe trees before ordering the Allen Edmonds shoe trees. Bought one set as a test & after fitting in my shoes, I plan to buy more. Wear a 10.5" US shoe & bought the medium - works very well & the shoe tree is adjustable over a range of shoe sizes (in the medium range). Can already see a difference in my shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Genuine Cedar Shoe Tree, June 30, 2009
Bought these to use in my golf shoes. I walk more than I ride so the Allen Edmonds cedar shoe trees do an excellent job of absorbing moisture/odor and keeping my kicks in tip-top shape. Most shoe trees only have a cedar toe, but these also have a cedar heel and handle, which work much better than the plastic handles.

If you're looking for a shoe tree just to retain a shoe shape, look elsewhere because you can find one cheaper. But if you're looking for a top quality cedar shoe tree that helps maintain the shoe shape and condition, look no further. Solid construction and quality. - MountainGambler.com

5.0 out of 5 stars To Tree Or Not To Tree?, December 13, 2006
J. Nowicki "The Boss and Mrs. B." (Bay City, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Combination Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
. . . the answer is 'To Tree'!

If you purchase good quality shoes then using shoe trees should be a priority. Even bargain shoes will look better if you use shoe trees. They keep the shape of the shoe intact while the cedar wicks out the moisture that is left in the shoes after you have worn them. The Allen Edmonds Cedar Shoe Trees have always been an excellent quality item. I use them for my MEZLAN Redford Dress Shoes, Mezlan Carmichael Oxfords, Mezlan Spyder Slip-Ons and Hummer Sneakers, as well as, my Bite Golf Shoes to name just a few. The A-E shoe trees are all great. Much better than using the plastic handle/wooden shoe trees. I bought a pair from a chain store for my sneakers and after using them twice the handle broke off. That will not happen with these. Try them. You'll see the difference using these shoe trees makes. ~ The Boss

5.0 out of 5 stars Chill, September 17, 2013
Work as advertised. Real allen-edmonds. They have a nice latch so that you can pull them out of the shoe easily. I have size 14 shoes and the XXL fit nice and snug.

Allen Edmonds Men's Combination Cedar Shoe Tree