Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Allen Edmonds Men's Franciscan Oxford
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Price:$209.71 - $385.00+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 27, 2015
These are hands down the nicest and classiest looking pair of walnut monk strap shoes on the market! I have been wearing mine now for nearly two years and they have held up absolutely great. They clean and polish very easily (I'd recommend the Allen Edmonds walnut polish and the maroon edge trim - both very inexpensive).

From day 1 wearing these things I got tons of compliments. They have a very unique and sharp look to them, however, they are not too loud. They look absolutely fantastic with either a blue, grey, or brown suit. I continue to get compliments every time I wear them.

They are also extremely comfortable and provide plenty of arch support. I have flatter feet and usually get some cramping after several hours in dress shoes but not at all with this pair. The buckle has three different size adjustments which is nice for accommodating thicker or thinner socks depending on the weather. These things do just fine in the elements, just be sure to take care of them and polish them from time to time. They are incredibly durable!

They are indeed not your cheapest pair of dress shoes, however, they will very easily outlast 4 or 5 pairs of typical dress shoes so they actually end up being a bargain in the long run. In short, it was a big purchase but one that I've never regretted! I highly recommend these!
on December 31, 2014
These are great looking shoes. I received these and were very excited. When I tried them on they were way too big. I usually wear a 10D in AE, but I was swimming in these. Unfortunately Amazon didn't have a 9.5 in stock, so I had to return them. I did however end up finding a 9.5 and they fit much better. I still have a little extra room in the heal, but if you tighten the monk strap they fit great.
on November 5, 2014
You can't compare them to anything from Aldo, or anything like that. Beautiful shoes, excellent materials and build quality. You're getting what you pay for here. And American made! You can't beat that!
on June 30, 2013
I normally prefer a lace-up oxford but really like these and bought the walnut finish. A definite looker for sure, these go great with a brown suit or tan suit, khaki's or maybe those linen pants for spring and summer. Perhaps even jeans and a sport coat. Black would also be a wonderful match to a navy, grey, charcoal or black suit.
on January 13, 2016
I bought these for my husband who is used to wearing shoes from Johnston & Murphy, which he says are incredibly comfortable. Now my husband says these Allen Edmonds shoes exceed the comfort level of Johnston & Murphy and they are his new favorite. Plus they look beautiful (for a man's shoe!).
on October 11, 2013
Allen Edmonds never need "breaking in". Plus they are American made. A rareity in today' world. I highly recommend them.
on March 24, 2014
I love every thing about this shoe. It fit to size very well and I love the crafting and leather of the shoe.
I must say it is a bit expensive but the old saying is, "YOU USUALLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".

William H. Morris Richmond, VA
on October 8, 2014
I have been buying Johnston and Murphy shoes for quite some time now. They have been decent shoes, especially the higher end ones at $175-$250, but some of mine after only 6 months of wear have started to fall apart. I wear dress shoes everyday for work, and I have a stable of about 15 shoes that I rotate, so the JM shoes should not have broken down so quickly. I wanted to give Allen Edmonds a try because I've heard that the quality matches up with the price tag. Well, I could not be more excited at my purchase. They fit and feel comfortable, and The Franciscan's are also a great design. I have already ordered another pair of McAllister wingtips. I highly recommend to anyone like myself, who wears dress shoes everyday, to spend the extra $150-$200 to get a pair that is going to last.
on June 28, 2014
An extremely comfortable, very elegant monk strap shoe. This shoe goes with my work suits admirably, and I liked them so much I bought a second merlot coloured pair. Very satisfied.
on September 9, 2015
Amazing and beautiful, classic AE quality, look works well with a suit or jeans matched with a nice trafalgar belt... Yes