4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but . . .
I wear size 8.5 and got the medium sized tree. It was a little too big for my Allen Edmonds shoes and had to move the trees to a different model Allen Edmonds shoe. The mediums are right on the cusp of being able to fit size 8.5. If I had to do it again I'd go for the small. I bought the tree according to the Allen Edmonds shoe/tree size chart.

*** - I...
Published on April 21, 2009 by Torrey Pines

3.0 out of 5 stars A good shoe tree.
This is a good cedar shoe tree, but I recommend the woodlore epic twin tube shoe tree available here on Amazon. I had the wood split on one of the shoe trees where I used the handle to pull it out of my shoe, and had to super glue it back on. The heel can be a little more narrow than the style I recommended, which puts undue stress on the heel of the shoe when storing it...
Published on March 16, 2012 by J. W. Charles

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but . . ., April 21, 2009
Torrey Pines (Bethesda, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)

*** - I checked the Allen Edmonds website where it has sizing charts for these shoe trees. It says that for 8.5D, I should have gotten a small, so that was my error. But, for their shoe trees that are combination toe (split toe), size medium is the correct size tree for an 8.5D shoe! You must go their website and make sure you are looking at the correct chart for the shoe tree you are getting. Lesson learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product $10 less and shipped free on Allen Edmunds dot com, May 24, 2011
Penn Name (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
I really can't say much more, as of 5/23/2011 they are $19.95 (multiple styles and shapes) on Allen Edmunds corporate site.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good shoe tree., March 16, 2012
This is a good cedar shoe tree, but I recommend the woodlore epic twin tube shoe tree available here on Amazon. I had the wood split on one of the shoe trees where I used the handle to pull it out of my shoe, and had to super glue it back on. The heel can be a little more narrow than the style I recommended, which puts undue stress on the heel of the shoe when storing it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of breed, March 31, 2008
nycebo (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
I've tried a number of shoe trees and these are by far the best products that I've come across. The construction at the joints is superb and strong, the foot of my shoes is well filled, and removal is easy because of the tab on top of the heel. Sizing was perfect for me as and described.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issues - hopefully a fluke, September 28, 2013
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
I recently purchased these for my other pair of AE shoes. Compared to my first pair, the cedar seems to be of better quality (richer color, more aromatic). However, the craftsmanship compared to the first pair is sub par, hence the poor review. There is a region of the left shoe tree where the wood is very rough - to the point where it scratched the leather when I inserted them into the shoes. For something that is supposed to help protect the longevity of shoes, this was unacceptable. There were also a few spots where the wood was starting to chip/splinter, and I hadn't even used them yet! The only reason I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1 is because of my positive past experiences with AE. This pair may have been a fluke, but they are being returned nonetheless. I do plan on buying another pair in hopes of getting a better product, but AE needs to do a better job of screening for these issues before shipping them out. I may update my rating if the next set is better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 16, 2013
I got the large for a size 11 pair of Allen Edmonds. The product is great and fits well, though Amazon sent the combination shoe tree instead of the full toe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you have quality shoes you want to maintain., December 25, 2012
If you own a nice pair of leather shoes. This is a must. Keeps the fit, keeps out the wrinkles. The cedar wood is also a great, who doesn't love the smell of cedar?

The spring inside keep the shoe stretched, so if you shoes are not fully broken in yet, this seems to help break them in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use AE's Sizing Chart, March 29, 2011
Eric (Glendale, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree (Apparel)
I bought these shoe trees for a new pair of shoes about a month ago, and so far they have been great. They are made of quality material, and are very well built. My shoes dry quickly after a long day of standing and walking (I am a teacher), and they have maintained their shape well. My last pair of shoes wore out far too early, so I'm making sure to take better care of my new shoes, starting with these trees.

When deciding on which size to order I took the advice of other reviewers and used the sizing chart on the Allen Edmonds website, and it worked out perfectly. I have a size 10 shoe, and the medium trees I bought fit exactly. Originally I was planning to buy a large, but I am glad I did not because they would have been too big.

These are definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Product -- Made in USA, December 9, 2010
Bought to replace some cheap Chinese made shoe trees I had previously been using with my Allen Edmonds shoes. These are made in the USA and fit my shoes perfectly. Obviously higher quality, and really fills out the toes a lot better than a cheaper split toe tree. Very impressed. Wish I had bought them earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars You only need one pair, November 5, 2010
Some of you may be wondering why you would ever need a pair, particularly when it costs over $30 for a set. I respond by saying this: you'll only need one, and unlike a toothpick, you can use more than once. It makes for easily polishing of your dress shoes and most importantly, it'll keep all your shoes in good condition by maintaining its shape and wick away moisture.

Remember to size your feet properly, width and length, before you by a set!

Allen Edmonds Men's Full Toe Cedar Shoe Tree