5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful out of the box
Bought these during the Re-Discover America sale. Saved quite a bit of money. Yes they can be dressed up or down. Very rich color. They look and feel great now and I'm sure like any good shoe, they'll look and feel better as they break in. Fully Re-craftable and made in the U.S.A. doesn't hurt either.
Published on November 2, 2011 by Daddy Dojang

2.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built, but strange sizing
These are pure Allen Edmonds--great hand crafted quality with a double sole. But, they are built off of an odd-fitting last (#222). I don't recommend you order these unless you know in advance that your foot is well-suited to the #222 last. Mine weren't and I now understand this is the case for most people.
Published 15 months ago by Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful out of the box, November 2, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoe, October 8, 2012
I have had these for about a year now, no complaints. Quality leather, good build overall. I am concerned about the long-term life of the buckle, as elastic connects it to the shoe upper. The double sole and reverse welt are larger than a classic dress shoe, I would not recommend with a suit, dress slacks but great with denim/cords and heavier fabric.

2.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built, but strange sizing, November 2, 2013
Kevin (Lake in the Hills, IL USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, February 20, 2012
Ben "Ben" (Gulf Coast, MS, USA) - See all my reviews
Beautiful shoes of old world quality that are made in America. Highest recommendation for the shoes and Amazon's role as seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, January 20, 2012
I got these shoes at the store and not from amazon in late 2008 during the begining of the depression.The store had them for 130.00 and they were the best pair of dress shoes I ever put on my feet.They remain cool and are extremely comfortable. Another thing I like about them is they keep a firm grip on the ground and they have a solid edge which means if you are into martial arts you can look stylish while being able to knock the daylights out of someone if you have to kick them in self defense. Is this shoe pricey here?-sure,but I would be willing to pay 200.00$ if I saw them for sale. Since my shoes were showing some wear,I saved some cash this past year and had a local cobbler (yes,they still exist) resoled the bottom of them for me for 25.00$ They are practically like new again. Great shoe,but hunt around for a better price as they can be found under 200.00$ if you look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allen Edmonds, what can I say?, June 26, 2014
These shoes are high quality. I have several pair of Allen Edmonds and these are by far the hardest to break in. That said, I have worn this pair over 40 times and they are now one of my favorites. They will probably last me until I die.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice shoes but didn't fit, March 19, 2014
love the craftsmanship but it didn't fit me. The shoe was too long and too narrow for me so I have to return it. Will try to find smaller and wider size combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars No surprises, February 21, 2014
Great shoe (I'm a repeat buyer), true color, comfortable fit with true to size sizing. I recommend this shoe and others by Allen Edmonds for a classic look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing my problem, January 15, 2014
Arch Rival (Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
Because of the price on offer and size availability, I ordered these shoes in a 91/2 size instead of my usual size 10.they were a bit on the snug size, but a visit to Bill the local cobbler, fixed the problem. Two days on a last stretched the shoes sufficiently to to obtain a perfect fit at a minuscule cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive shoe, October 27, 2013
Saw this shoe at the Allen Edmonds store in manhattan and loved the looks. I have five other styles of Allen Edmonds and they are handsome shoes and last forever. Nothing like shoes made in USA!