Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Standard|Change

on August 30, 2011
I was thrown off by Sarah Eddy's review on June 17th, 2011 in regard to the product being a cheap knock-off made in China. Enough so, that I thought I was going to buy from another seller such as Target or directly from Aller-Ease. However, I decided to take the risk due to Amazon's great prices and free shipping when over 25 bucks.

When I first received the product, I thought the exact same thing as Sarah. The package labeling looked like a cheap knock off, and it said "Made in China". However, the pillow cases themselves looked 100% correct. So I decided to do some research and I contacted Aller-Ease based on the phone number on their website. It's worth mentioning that Aller-Ease lists on their website that they do business with Amazon as an authorized reseller of their product, so it was hard to believe that this was a true rip off product.

Aller-Ease assured me that the UPC code that was on the back of my package was indeed their code. They also went one more level which I believe explains the confusion all together. They informed me that they have different packaging depending on the reseller. For example, she said if you were to find the product at WalMart and Target, they would each have different packaging but the product is the same!

So there you have it - you should be able to purchase with comfort that this is a REAL Aller-Ease product. Thanks Amazon and thanks Aller-Ease for your quick customer service to resolve this confusion!
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
We just purchased both Aller Ease and Allersoft pillowcases. Aller Ease is slightly more crinkly-sounding and a little louder when you lay your head down. The Allersoft are softer and not as loud. That being said - they are almost identical with a very very slight difference in the crinkly sound.

The Allersoft has completely eliminated our dust mite allergies problems - (combined with a mattress cover). Worked like a charm!
on September 24, 2008
I was very skeptical about using these but I have adjusted. There is a crinkly sound which I expected but I have found that I am not waking up with the stuffy nose like I did before.
44 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2008
This protector, together with a nice pillow and pillowcase, make for a wonderful nights rest! The pillow protector is thick, but yet comfortable. Easy to get over pillow and has a nice zip enclosure.
VINE VOICEon February 23, 2009
This are easy to use, big enough to fit most any pillow, and don't crinkle and feel bad when they are used. What more can you ask of an allergen barrier cover? They allow you to use the pillow that feels comfortable to you and still get the allergen protection you need.
on July 25, 2013
My wife and I have been using these for over three years, and I'm picking up another set from Amazon today. I thought I'd write a quick review to share what I've learned. These 100% cotton AllerEase pillow protectors are thicker than the other cotton brand I tried (Allersoft), and have been very durable. I haven't had issues with the zippers, and they even protect the pillow if someone (not mentioning any names) happens to drool in her sleep. I've done it too... the point is our expensive Pacific Coast down pillows are protected--at the same time we're protected from the allergens and dander in the pillow. It just works. FWIW, I also dry clean all the pillows about every 6 months (I take half the pillows one week, let them air out for a few days, and then do the other half). One other point, since I've seen some misleading reviews about loud crinkling sound--these are 100% cotton, and have a heavy, quality feel (like nice sheets). There is another option, also made by AllerEase, but for a slightly different purpose: Aller-Ease Waterproof, Dust Mite, Allergy Pillow Encasement, Set of 2, Standard Those "waterproof" pillow protectors are the ones that make a crinkly sound. They are similar to what hospitals use and that sound is caused by a polyethylene (plastic) lining, which in my opinion is good to protect a pillow at summer camp or when guests come to visit, but probably not what most adults are looking for. So, to recap, we love the Aller-Ease 100% cotton pillow covers and highly recommend them.
on January 6, 2011
These are wonderful and soft and don't make your pillows hot. My only complaint is that they do not quite zip 100% of the way. There is a tiny gap where the zipper ends. Not a big deal, but not truly perfect if you are purchasing these to contain dustmites.
on June 23, 2009
I ordered these in all three sizes available-standard, queen, and king to cover new down pillows. All of the sizes run true, and fit great! They wash nicely, and if taken promptly from the dryer, wrinkling is minimum. As they are to go under pillow cases, I don't mind the small amount of wrinkles. I would definitely order again!
on July 22, 2011
These pillow covers soft and very well constructed. The zipper closes up all the way and there is even a tab where you can note the date you bought them so that you know how long you've had them and when it's time to replace them. I have uploaded a few pictures to show how they fit. I bought the king size cases and they fit pretty well with just a bit of slack. I also took a picture of the zipper because someone had commented that their zipper didn't go up all the way. They don't squeak either, so whoever wrote in with that comment must have gotten the wrong product. These are lovely and well priced.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 18, 2009
After much suffering, we figured out that my boyfriend is allergic to feathers. But the trade off has been between him sleeping without sneezing, and me sleeping out all. This pillow cases have saved us. They cost a bit more than I had thought to pay, but from reading reviews of other products, it seemed that these would not make any crinkly plastic noises. And they don't I don't notice any difference in comfort from my regular pillows. Now our biggest sleeping problem is the 6am shift at work.