Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Allergy-Free Cookbook
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on May 26, 2012
The cover of this book says gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free. I am allergic to all of these foods, so this cookbook sounded great. This is misleading. The recipes in this book are not all free of all of these foods. There are varying recipes - some are gluten and egg free, some just dairy free, etc. I need a cookbook that is free of all of these foods at once, in EVERY recipe. Yes, you can use subs, but anyone who has tried to do gluten free, egg free, and dairy free baking, it's not that easy to just sub at will. You need someone who has figured out the science so you don't have to. I don't recommend this book if you need to be completely free of gluten, nuts, dairy, and eggs. This cookbook is worthless to me.
on June 24, 2015
I know I am allergic to some foods and the best thing is to have such a diversity of foods that you don't have ones you are allergic too very often. Thus all allergy free cookbooks have value. You are often the most likely in fact to be allergic to your favorite food just because you expose your body to it so often. I had one doctor whose food allergy problems didn't go away until she gave up sunflower seeds. She loved them so much it was the very last food she gave up, but it was the culprit in her case. It actually gave her arthritis like symptoms.

Variety is the spice of life and you are better off doing variety than needing to deal with food allergies, but life is what you get stuck with.
on March 22, 2012
I've had to be gluten free for six years now, and I often buy or receive as gifts all manner of gluten free cookbooks. This one I stumbled upon on sale and purchased impulsively, and let me tell you, that was my lucky day. This is by far my favorite gluten free book. In fact, I'll probably throw the others out. This is the only one I have that offers a variety of foods (breakfast, dessert, etc.) that are delicious without being *too* gourmet. Most of the ingredients I keep around the house or could easily purchase from any store. The recipes are simple, easy, and affordable while still managing to be interesting and enticing. The book is also a pleasure itself, with its convenient spiral binding (lays flat) and attractive color scheme, font, and color-coded allergy icons. Not all recipes in this book are gluten free, but I actually appreciate that fact and consider it a strength because it lends greater variety. Also, many offer substitution options for you to adapt the recipe to your allergies. These features make the cookbook appropriate to all allergies and gives flexibility when cooking for multiple allergies or changing allergen needs.

I seriously love this book and actually ended up here at Amazon today searching to see if there are any more by the same publisher. I highly recommend it.
on April 9, 2011
Attention GF Friends: this is the best purchase I've made in a while. Even though every recipe isn't totally allergy-free (some will have eggs, some wheat) it lists substitutes at the bottom, or you can just sub them out yourself. It's nice to have "real" food again. I keep reading through it like a magazine.
on May 31, 2016
So many yummy recipes to make for my daughter that has multiple allergies.
on May 14, 2014
this book has allergy free recipies but they are egg free OR dairy free. Weneed egg,dairy and gluten free all in one recipie.
on December 13, 2015
Great food in here!!
on July 16, 2015
Lots of good recipes in here, for people like me with a lot of food allergies!!!