5.0 out of 5 stars Inpressive set for the money !
I've been a moldmaker for 30 years. Have used a lot of taps and dies, even the pricey one's brake.
This price is unreal just ten years ago. The handles and tool are worth the price along. Nice range of sizes 4-40 to 1/2-20 Zoom on picture to see for yourself. Great for home use. Beats paying 119.00 for a craftman set.
Published on February 19, 2010 by M. A. Wicker

3.0 out of 5 stars Really 100 piece set!
It comes with 35 electrical terminals and 100 fasteners as part of the kit. So it really comes with 99 tools and the box.
Published on October 2, 2002 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Really 100 piece set!, October 2, 2002
It was inexpensive and if you're not looking to do a lot of repair work on your car, it's probably a good buy for you. Something to keep in your trunk. I can tell already though from looking at this, that I'm going to want to get REAL set elsewhere. For basic maintenance work this set will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inpressive set for the money !, February 19, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great set of tools, February 24, 2004
Michael S Daly (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I decided to purchase a real socket wrench set after I knocked my 15 year old cheep-o set on the floor one too many times - and got tired of putting everything back in the case.
First let me say that this case is designed so that WHEN you knock this set on the ground all the sockets stay in place. Second, this set is very well made and thought out. (For instance the metric and standard allen wrenches are different colors - so you can tell them apart at a glance.) These wrenches fit the hand just right and are a pleasure to use.
I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of tools, great case, November 26, 2004
Peter W. Hollis (Greenville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Over the years I have had many tool sets - especially socket sets. There's a reason for that - sockets easily fall out of the case when you open them and it is hard to keep things organized. Not so with this set. Each tool is secure in its own place - no falling out and getting lost. In addition the quality of the tools seems excellent. With both SAE and metric sizes this is a really nice set and the price is right.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, January 18, 2011
I went out on a limb and bought this tap and die set b/c of the great price. I am shocked at how well this set works. The tap handle is a little different than what I am used to and took a second to figure out that only one side is meant to screw in to tighten the tap into the "t" handle. After I got that right the tap worked flawlessly. Today I tapped an exhaust manifold with the nf 7/16-20 tap and it continues to impress me. No complaints with this set. If handled properly this set will do what any high end set will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked very well for me, April 20, 2012
E. Anthony (nashville, tennessee USA) - See all my reviews
I was surprised at how easy this product worked on the project I was doing. Then again I was working with steel and not plastic or acrylic like some of the reviews here. Nice set for light metal projects at a great price!

3.0 out of 5 stars not TOO bad, February 15, 2008
This review is from: Allied Tools 49029 175 Piece Automotive Tool Set (Tools & Home Improvement)
First, the colour of the case looked nice but in retrospect i wish it were black as after one use the kit got dirty. More importantly, the sockets stick on to the bolt head when you're tightening. This is a big problem for me and a cause of much frustration. Imagine a socket getting stuck down in your engine after you tighten your spark plug! I'm glad I didn't try it for spark plug repairs at first and I don't think I ever will! To get the socket loose from surface bolts i had to keep knocking the socket. There's no way you're going to be able to do that when the socket is down in the spark plug whole. The next issue i have is that the rachet arm does not stay in position. So when I open the kit it always falls out. There is a file in the kit that I took out once and up to now i can't get it back in the space in the kit. I fear if i use any more force i might break it.

4.0 out of 5 stars works for me, May 7, 2010
I am an antique restorer and I bought this for occasional use. It worked out fine for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good for the right task Tap and Die set, March 9, 2012
I bought this as a very occasional use kit to take with me so I wouldn't have to wait for someone else to get around to fixing a stripped bolt hole. I didn't want to spend much money as this will not get used much, and if it wont do the job-- the Mechanic who has the really good Snap On set can come and fix it.

For its intended purpose it is great. I have fixed a couple of small stripped holes with the taps and ran it down the threads of a bolt. It has held up in mild steel just fine. It is a very good value for the amount of kit you get for the money. It is cheap but does the job, I wouldn't think about this at all if you plan on using them daily, buy a good set for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good light duty set, September 28, 2009
I bought this set for one purpose threading plastic parts, and the results have been excellent so far. I expect the set will last the rest of my life.

ed