5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for excellent price
does just as good as the more expensive ones. Really fast shipping.Good quality product, not cheapo materials
Published on January 28, 2008 by D. Calhoun

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete junk!
This is my first review and I was inspired to finally start reviewing because this product is complete junk.

I picked up the package at the Post Office, opened it, and immediately installed the visor extension on my driver's side sun visor.

Published on July 12, 2011 by Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete junk!, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension

In the two miles it took to drive home, the sun visor extension fell off my sun visor twice, just due to gravity! The cheap plastic clips just do not grip on my thick, padded sun visor.

The photo of the product is also completely misleading. The visor extension photo gives you the impression that it's a darker green color. NOT SO! It's a pale, almost lime green color and does absolutely nothing to filter sunlight. This makes it completely worthless to use.

It's also made of a cheap plastic and you cannot see accurately through the visor, it's so bad that it will be dangerous to try to drive while looking through it.

Those who rated this item higher MUST have received a different version of this product. The one I received is so bad, so cheap, so worthless, and so awful, that I recommend that you avoid purchasing this item at all costs. Perhaps you may get the "better" version, but why play roulette? You are better off heading down to your local auto parts store and seeing and holding a sun visor extension in your hands to see if it will work or not before you buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good with modifications, July 1, 2009
DocMom (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
The service was very good - mine had scratch marks on it when it arrived, I wrote to the seller and they replaced it for free.
Doesn't cut out glare totally, so I covered it with sticky shelf liner to make it opaque and now it works just fine. The material is not very strong though, so should be handled with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for excellent price, January 28, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Visor Review, May 17, 2009
Richard "Richard" (Estes Park, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
Very good visor assistance, however, clip may get in way of some existing visor mirrors. In our case we are able to work around it. Freight too high, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sun Visor seems to have missed the point!, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
Units work but will not stay up when not in use. Also the green color is difficult to see thru. Instructions say not to use when driving, but doesn't make a lot of sense if they are supposed to reduce glare and sunshine?

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the money !!!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
Scratched and scuffed on arrival, horrible neon green color is actually worse than the natural sunlight !!! Clamps didn't even hold in place, would not recommend to anyone, waste of $5.00 !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine product, does the job, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
This fit very quickly and simply onto the visor and easily flips down when needed.
It provides a strong shield against the sun and is easy to employ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
I chose this rating because it was what I expected. I would recommend it to other people. I am happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, April 17, 2014
C. S. Brock (Omaha, Ne. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
I've used a few of these over the years and this is the clearest one I've looked through yet. The others warped your view but this one doesn't. Very easy to attach to the visor and folds up out of the way very nicely. Very happy with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Allison 7242 Clip-On Sun Visor Extension
Price was right and it arrived in new condition. Works great except in the very brightest sun, but at that point nothing would work.
Ken