Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 23, 2010
I was expecting to buy a cleaning system that has at least a liquid solution, and of course those fancy ones with a machine that rotates the discs! But ended up trying this out because of it's cheap price and it's "FastWipe" title, but still a bit skeptical without any wet solution.

I am pleasantly surprised that the dry fabric actually removed finger print and dusts rather easily with push of a thumb from center of the disc outward. The discs are cleaned within a matter of 15 to 20 seconds for a thorough job. I find myself having fun wiping the entire collection of CDs, DVDs, and blu-ray discs.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I use these to clean every movie I receive from Netflix. I repurchase these wipes every couple of months to clean rented Blu-Ray movies, Wii, and PS3 games. I prefer to see the dirt I'm removing. Make sure you wipe back and forth, away and towards the center of the disc, instead of wiping in circles, as stated in the directions.
on June 12, 2010
these wipes are good for getting finger prints and yuck off the disks, but will not do anything for scratches. Make sure to wipe from the inside to the outside, and not in circles. Good price performer
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 22, 2011
I have small children who often put fingerprints on our kiddie DVDs. Typically, I clean them by "breathing" on the dirty DVD and using the inside of my T-shirt to wipe clean these DVDs. However, I began to look for another solution that didn't involve my T-shirt. This product ... the Allsop CD and DVD fast-wipes looked like a possible solution, so I ordered a pack.

After giving them a try, I find they work well ... they don't get the worst of the fingerprints off without a little extra help (or in my case, a "breath" on the DVD), but they get about 95 percent of the fingerprints off quickly and easily. The material is lint free and works as advertised. 20 CD/DVD shaped wipes come per pack. Being shaped like a DVD is just a gimmick. I usually fold them in half or quarters before wiping, so if they were square-shaped (and thus had a little more material) it might actually be more helpful than being shaped like a circle. The instructions say that each wipe can be re-used until it becomes visably dirty or worn, so you can clean multiple DVDs per wipe.

Overall, these are a good buy and work well at a reasonable price. Four stars.
on June 19, 2000
This product is the ideal for cleaning CDs or DVDs. You could ruin your player with the dust that falls off the CD/DVD on to the lens. This is what happenned to my Pioneer DV525 player. This material does not act like any normal material and make sure no harm can come to your DVD or player. If you want to protect your investment (DVD or DVD Player) you must buy this. It is almost a lifesaver.
on January 15, 2013
"The FastWipe may leave fine scratches on the surface of the disc. This will not affect the performance of the disc" (statement on the back of FastWipe packaging).

I use these for DVD rentals.

For CD cleaning, I use Phoenix and microfiber cloths/100% cotton handkerchiefs.

Any CD/DVD-care product that tells you not to wipe in a circular pattern is a suspect product, in my opinion. If the product does not in any way mar the surface of the disc, it shouldn't matter how you wipe.

The reason you're supposed to wipe a CD/DVD from center to edge in a straight line is that, should you create a scratch, the CD/DVD laser has little trouble correcting for a single blip. CD/DVD lasers, like the cartridge needle of a turntable, read discs in a circular pattern, but from inside out (unlike the needle of a cartridge, which reads from the outer edge of a record toward the center). If you wipe in a circular pattern and you create a scratch, the laser may not be able to correct for the extended misreading the scratch could create.
77 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
Very disappointed at fist to recieve them, as they seemed just paper circles. But they worked. I can't even see that the one I used has been used, but it cleared up all the problems with the DVDs I used it on. THe computer said they were unreadable, but now work just fine.
on June 15, 2000
Allsop provides agreat product for a low price. You will be satisfied. I haven't had a problem with dvd,cd,or cd-r.
on May 31, 2011
I purchased this allsop CD and DVD fastwipes, and cannot complain about the product for the cost and how they work, especially when picking up DVDs or CD's from the library to watch or listen to that have smudges that can break up the signal, and freeze the visual. They do work but don't expect miracles for nicked or the surface film damaged DVD's that need to be tossed. Recommend this product for a fast and time saving cleanup of your DVD or CD, I am definitely going to order another pack before I run out.
on February 27, 2014
I probably should have read the reviews, but I skipped that portion. This is a complete waste of money. I DO NOT RECOMMEND buying or using these wipes on brand new or Near Mint discs. I've used them only on those that already have some signs of use. A cleaning cloth should clean and NOT possible add scratches as the label on the back suggests could happen. As some of the other reviews have already stated, they bear a semblance to dryer sheets. Yes, they have a slight softness , but the fibers in the cloth stuck to my fingers when I was using them. They did nothing to remove fingerprints. I had to use something else for that. They performed adequately removing dust and other debris from the playing surface. All in all, a waste of money. If anyone can suggest a quality product that actually is safe and works, please comment on my review!