Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on November 16, 2010
Ally McBeal's fourth season is one the best of the series. Ally has finally found her soulmate in Larry Paul. Robert Downey, Jr.s turn as Larry is the highlight of the season if not the series. You also get to see what happens when Ally get to be in charge, while the senior partners Cage & Fish take a "vacation" in L.A. Ling and Renee fall for the same man. Elaine gets a new boyfriend, but in Elaine fashion, may not get to keep him. You also get to see Nell's father, who really believes he is Santa Claus.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2012
I became a fan of this show with this season thanks in large part to the special season appearance of Robert Downey Jr. His portral of Larry Paul, a new attorney at the law firm, was both charismatic and tender at the same time. He is a natural in this part. His banter with Ally is endearing, his interaction with John and the other attorneys is at times hilarious and at other times artful in his delivery of quick witted comebacks and stellar observations. The season brings us full circle with the relationships Larry has with the entire cast, and by the season finale, you want him to be there for season five. I won't spoil anything, but be prepared with a box of Kleenex for some of these episodes which deal with love, loss, and separation, not necessarily in that order.
Aside from loving every episode featuring Larry Paul, guest star Anne Heche was sweet and quirky in a continuous story line that featured a very special homeless man, a magical apartment, and an affinity for Mr. Cage. But my stand out favorite was The Getaway where John and Richard attempt a weekend trip to L.A. What ensues from the moment they arrive at the airport till they reach California will split your sides.....one of the funniest shows of the entire season.

More than any other television series, Ally McBeal gave new meaning to finding a soundtrack to your life. The Barry White visions and songs by Sting and Manilow added to the healing power of music this season.

I loved this show for its odd characters, special guests, deeper themes and often heartfelt messages of hope amidst personal despair. It found a way to be clever, sometimes irreverent but always funny. The music played throughout always hits a nerve with what has gone on in that particular episode. If you've seen the show up till this season but didn't totally love it, I recommend this season four to win you over.
on February 8, 2016
The series seems to have regained its stride with the addition of Robert Downey Jr. since he is one actor who can hold his own against Flockhart. The only problem is that once he became incarcerated the show again suffered from that loss. Adding additional characters only work when the series still remains focused on the primary character and everyone else should just be used as support around Ally.
on October 30, 2013
While the 1st and 2nd seasons are still the champs, the 4th season in my opinion brings back a lot of the spunk it had when it lost Billy. I loved the transvestite character, Cyndi and that whole relationship with Mark seemed very real. Also loved Anne Heche's guest appearances! The ending of this season is so sad to me because I know it was Downey Jr's personal life and personal drug habit (which he hadnt kicked yet) that forced his character to leave the show and sent the 5th season into a disorganized tailspin.
on November 16, 2013
I've watched this whole TV series from the very first episode and loved every minute of it! It's SO funny, and I love Vonda Shepherd adn Barry White's songs in the show! Will have a blast watching it over and over again! Thx for the opportunity to have this for my very own!! :)
on July 5, 2015
I will easily admit that I love Robert Downey Jr. I will also honestly admit that Ally McBeal, prior to this season, had completely gotten on my nerves. However, something about the addition of Larry Paul to the cast really changed things around for me. His character makes Ally more palatable, and the storylines, while still insane, were also easier to take and enjoy. I know there are a lot that will argue that Season 1 is the best season; however, I think Season 4 is the one that really made the show. It's unfortunate that Downey's drug issues pulled him from the show because it was the beginning of an immediate and steep decline of this show.
on May 10, 2013
I love season 4 of Ally McBeal....I won't give away anything, but I loved watching the story unfold as Ally entered into a deeper relationship. I always laugh, cry, get mad, feel happy....range of emotions that makes me keep watching from one episode to the next.
on March 17, 2013
Oh, Ally. Why did you stoop to the lame "tricks" and the insistent rotation of actors? The early seasons were fresh and interesting. The others... not so much. My wife still watches it; but I feel like I've already seen all of them. Several times, in fact.
on June 8, 2012
Great season and love Robert Downey Jr on the show. I really did not watch the show before he was on it but loved the chemistry between him and Calista. So sad he could not stay sober so they could get married. Also, love Peter MacNichol, he is so cute and funny. Very glad they finally came out on DVD and worth purchasing.
on September 21, 2013
It has been the best season to me! Ally and Larry have such chemistry together. I watch it as I exercise. It keeps me motivated and I look forward to watching it each day.