5.0 out of 5 stars Metal As It Should Be, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Alpha Noir (MP3 Music)
I'll start off by saying that I'm very partial to this particular band while recognizing that not everyone enjoys this style of music. An ex-girlfriend once heard Sin Pecado, and she was truly horrified how much I loved them exclaiming that it sounded like 'death'. YES!!! <Fist pump> Kicked her to the curb, and got a proper girl who is now my wife. Moonspell is not only loud, dark and driving but is also melodic, beautiful and unique. If you are new to Moonspell you have truly found a gem like no other and I encourage you to look into their catalog. This is simply another entry in a long line of greatness.

As far as this album is concerned I would say the standout feature that sets this apart from other Moonspell albums is the feature of guitar solos. The trend of extended guitar solos went by the wayside in most modern metal albums, but it's nice to see it making a ferocious return in this offering. These are not your typical showboating solos, mind you. While they may be extravagant they do not forsake the rythm and general makeup of the songs themselves. Indeed, much of this album is a throwback to some older styles of music redone in Moonspell's near-perfect technical execution. Perhaps, you will also appreciate hearing these updated renditions.

I don't believe this album really breaks new ground, but that obviously wasn't their goal. Listen to it and you will see that Moonspell clearly appreciates and remembers their history even if your significant other does not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonspell...(Alpha Noir ) Best Goth Metal band on earth....., May 8, 2012
I just picked up the new Moonspell. I never imagined this band could get any better. I was wrong, Alpha Noir is the best of
2012 so far. From the opening track Axis Mundi to the final track Sine Missione, The cd hammers. The first single for the
disc (likanthrope) is the perfect sample of this album. I have to say you must buy the expanded edition, the second disc
Omega White is a nice, almost perfect reminder of the darkness and hope era moonspell. It is good to know that if you really
look, great music is still being made. 2012 has already given us the best Paradise Lost cd (Tragic Idol). We still have the
upcoming My Dying Bride, Saturnus, Katatonia and Therion. They all need to be perfect to come close to Alpha Noir. It would
be really nice for all the american metal bands to pick up Alpha Noir so they can see what true metal perfection sounds like. I'm sorry Metallica and Manson fans, this isn't your mtv poser metal. This is for the hordes of real fans, those who
follow Behemoth, Iced earth, Filth, Borgir, My Dying Bride and Solitude Aeturnus just to name a few. Get out there and let's
put that poser metal to rest. Moonspell will open your ears and expand your mind. Don't miss this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very organic, June 18, 2012
I did very little research on this album, as I've been listening to Moonspell since around 1995. When they release a new album, I buy it! Well, I was a little surprised when I received the package and the case was so big. I had no idea that it was 2 discs! I listened to Alpha Noir first. It seems like it's more in the vein of Night Eternal; heavy and very theatrical in its presentation. It is, in my mind, a perfect example of what gothic metal should sound like - dark, heavy and with great guitar solos. Omega White was the complete opposite. Still very good, but much calmer and very atmospheric - much like The Darkness and Hope.

As it is with every Moonspell album, you'll find songs with a lot of depth and development. I can see these two CD's rotating in and out of my CD player for weeks now! The only problem that I'll have is determining which to listen to, since they're both awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars UP THERE WITH THE BEST LIKE DIMMU BORGIR, November 21, 2012
No mere mortal words can give it justice beside to say its up there with the best like Cradle of Filth, and Dimmu Borgir ! That should be Enough said ! Done and Dusted ! ; )

Will Deffinitely keep on buying their records, and will allso now start trying to get hold of their previous ones as well in case its as good or close to it

No bad track I can think of at all, but I must say I would like future records to be a bit longer than just like about 40 minutes ? Makes me feel a bit cheated out of my hard earned money. However the quality of what Is there makes up for it ; )

4.0 out of 5 stars moonspell-alpha noir/omega white, August 5, 2012
The first and main album is called alpha noir and the songs represent the more agrresive side of moonspell. In my opinion there are some really good songs in it but overall it lucks the atmospheres of night eternal . However their gothic side is not lost because on the bonus cd which is called "omega white" we hear moonspell at their best . the atmosphere on each song is the highlight of this album and it's one of the best albums of the year so far for me.also on omega white the vocals of Fernando Ribeiro are outstanding and full of passion!!!Overall moonspell deliver a must-have release for their fans and fans of this genre. if they had removed one or two songs from each cd and made them one album it would have certainly have got a 5/5!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonspell is back, and better than ever., May 31, 2012
I have to admit, I was a bit cynical at first. Having just listened to another CD that I had high expectations for, and being dissapointed by that, I was left with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. Thankfully Moonspell's new album turned that around. This is just great, if you like Moonspell be sure to pick it up. If you like metal, or rock, I would say pick it up too. I like both Alpha Noir and Omega White-Both CDs are good, and none of it feels like filler. Dont hesitate, just pick it up and prepare to be blown away. This is going to be a new favorite, I can tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, May 21, 2012
EPIC! There are many moments on this album where you're going to stop and think "this is the best album EVER!" I even think the track "A Greater Darkness" is the best song I've ever HEARD. Moonspell is a top-notch, grade A band, and I'm still blown away. Check out their new videos on YouTube if you need any further convincing. This is definitely the album to own of 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonspell Review, May 11, 2012
Moonspell really outdid themselves on this release! I was so impressed with the quality of sound and I have to say even the packaging on this album is truly top-notch! Not only did it come with one of Moonspell's greatest achievements (Alpha Noir) But it comes with the bonus album (Omega White), which is clean vocals though the entire 8 songs, it is definitely reminiscent of Sin Pecado; In my opinion their greatest albums ever. This release is going to satisfy every Moonspell fan out there, past or present. Happy listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, June 27, 2014
This album is excellent and highlights Moonspell's musical talents. The Deluxe Version is a no brainer, as you'll be getting two high quality albums. Alpha Noir is the darker side of this album, while Omega White represents the lighter side of Moonspell. If you're a fan of Moonspell, this album will not disappoint you!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love your metal, this rocks., July 22, 2013
Must get the Deluxe Edition. This is Metal at its best. You will not want to miss this . You can tell that they put there hearts into making this.

Alpha Noir