Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 12, 2013
I'm very disappointed with the Kindle version of this book. The book is scanned in rather small, with an inseparable double-page spread, and it won't work if you rotate an iPad to see only one page, and you can not zoom in either. The pictures are too small, even on a large iPad, to see well. This is not optimized for the Kindle ap on an iPad. Otherwise it's a cute book. From now on, I'll send a sample of the book to myself before I buy it. An example for a book that I think looks great on an iPad (even if you have to keep the iPad oriented in one direction): Children's Book: Alphabets, Numbers and Colors - Simple ABC picture book
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well it looks I can't upload my photos and I am too lazy to do a video review. So, here it is. I am a parent of a 2, 4, and 5 year old. This means I have been through plenty of alphabet, phonics, sight word books, movies, etc. Anyway, I reviewed this specifically with my 2 year old girl as she needs the practice and other two boys are already mastered their ABCs. Here is what sets this book apart:

1) It's all about the pictures. The author apparently made every single little item on each page for each letter using construction paper, scissors, and glue to a make scene for each letter. There are no other words in the books, just 26 pages of 26 letters but... (read below). These scenes I guess were photographed or something as they appear 3 dimensional but extremely clear and well done.
2) At the end of the book are 2 pages that lists the items on each letter's page that you can you go back I guess ask your kid if they can find them. From a simple book reading perspective and a educational psychology perspective (sorry I have a PhD in ed psych)...this really doesn't seem to be helpful. I suppose if those 2 pages were the first 2 pages perhaps with some quick instructions for the parent on what to do (not that's its obvious) it would maybe have more educational merit.

Other than that, my 2 year old liked the book and was happy Daddy got her a present.

One last knit picky comment, not just for this book but for any book that has a colorful glossy cover and the SAME colorful glossy Hard cover...I ask why? Why waste paper on this, kids tear and lose these paper covers all the time. Maybe it's me but it seems like a waste of money that perhaps could knock a dollar or two off the price.
on June 24, 2013
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love the unique pictures in this book. Each item on the page looks like it is made out of construction paper, so it is quite different from the artwork in other children's books.

My daughter just turned 3 years old, and she is still in the process of learning her letters. She really loves this book. She enjoys looking at it by herself, but we also read it together and discuss the various pages. We have at least 7 or 8 various alphabet books, but presently this is her favorite.

I received this book as part of the Amazon Vine review program, and I was sent the hardcover version. While the pages inside are quite thick and sturdy, they are still not quite safe from the sometimes clumsy and rough hands of a 3 year old child. It is also available as a board book, which I would recommend rather than the hardcover version, considering the target age group of the book. At the time of this review, the board book is actually less expensive.
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A rabbit family lives in the Alphabet House. Grandpa, Mom and her baby, Ziggy, Zeke, Zinnia, Gradmas, Zoe, Dad, and little Zack live in a house that is filled with things that start with all the letters from A to Z. Dad is sitting in an overstuffed chair reading to Zinnia and the baby. There are all kinds of things in the room that begin with the letter A. Can you see them? There is an abacus, an acorn, an airplane, and alligator, an alphabet book, and four other things. You'll have to look closely at the picture to find them.

Mom and Zoe are hanging up some hooks while Zoe plays with a hula hoop. There are a lot of things that begin with the letter H. Can you see them? There is a hammer, a handkerchief, a hanger, hats, hearts, a hexagon, a hippopotamus, and five other things. You'll have to look closely at this picture as well in order to find them all. The Alphabet House is a fun way to discover and discover things that begin with all the letters of the alphabet. You simply need to open the door and begin to look.

This is a charming ABC book that young children will love. Each letter is printed in both upper and lower case in the upper right-hand corner of each page. The young child can search the page to find things that begin with each letter. Some of the things are easy to find and identify, while others are a bit tricky. Children can work through this book independently or with assistance from an adult. In the back of the book is a listing of all the items "hidden" in the pages of the Alphabet House. The delightful artwork is cut paper and origami collage. This would be a perfect addition to either a home or homeschool book collection!
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Alphabet House is an entertaining book that has proven it can be enjoyed by a wider age range than listed.

The book contains photos of colorful collages that have articles on each page devoted to a corresponding letter of the alphabet. Older kids like mine clearly see it as a game that sharpens their ability to spot objects that begin with each letter. Surprisingly, my daughter has "re-read" this book a number of times, already.

This is particularly useful, when you have multiple children of various ages and reading levels that need to stay quietly engaged in an activity. The older kids will actually enjoy pointing out articles to the younger ones. The collage scenes are intricate enough to sustain an older child's curiosity for a while, without being TOO much for little ones to absorb and then ignore.

I highly recommend Alphabet House for mothers that enjoy sharing a book with their children that is more of an activity, rather than a book of sight words (the only words are in small print the back-they are the names of the articles to be found, in alphabetical order).

Again, this has great potential for keeping multiple ages quietly engaged in learning-something I can definitely appreciate.
on October 3, 2011
This is a delightfully simple, adorable alphabet book! I don't own the book yet, but we have read it several times at our local library and fallen in love with the pictures. My infant is captivated by the rich colors, while my preschooler enjoys saying the letters and then trying to name every object on the page. The objects begin with that page's letter- for example, the "C" page has cupcakes, carrots on cards, a crab on a computer, etc. Very enjoyable!
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2013
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's important to realize that this isn't a story book. There's a page for each letter, and each page is a view of a room in a bunny family's house that depicts items starting with that letter. (Nuts, nutcracker, nines, needlework, needle, numbers, newspaper, nest, necktie, necklace, nightgown and net, for example.) The cut paper artwork is cute and clever, the items are creatively chosen, and the pages show almost exclusively things starting with that letter to avoid confusion. There's only brief text at the beginning to introduce the bunny family and the concept, and a list at the end of things to find in the pictures.

It's great for what it is. The format means it's really as entertaining as the grown-up makes it. A creative "reader" can point and name things for babies, or make up games with a preschooler like who can find the most things starting with the letter. It would be age appropriate up through the stage where a child is working on learning letter sounds.
VINE VOICEon April 30, 2013
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a fan of Nancy Elizabeth Wallace's adorable artwork. In this book, the house scences revolve around a family of rabbits consisting of a mom, dad, five children and a set of grandparents. The pictures display these rabbits in traditional family scenes.

I feel this book is a charming way to reinforce the alphabet with a preschooler. You can look at the picture for each letter together and find items on the page that begin with that letter.

The only little thing that I disliked about the book is the presence of some of the text on a few pages that I feel detracts from the art. Some of it is just in a font that is quite drab, in my opinion, juxtaposed with the cute paper crafting in this book.

The current price of $15.11 is a bit much for such a simple book and I think if I didn't own it, it would just be one I'd get from the library.
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2013
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this book for my 3 year old grandson and he loves it! There isn't any words for him to read and it isn't a story, but there is lots of interaction with your child with this book.

Each page is a different letter of the alphabet that is on the upper left hand corner of the page. The child and reader look for all of the objects on the page that start with that particular letter. The pages are centered around the rabbit family that lives in the alphabet house and the illustrations are very clear and bright.

You will spend quality time with your little one looking for all the things that begins with the corresponding letter. We had great fun going from page to page looking for all the things on the pages. I highly recommend this book for those with little ones to stimulate their minds and great interaction and of course spend some time with them, just one on one.
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
"Alphabet House" is a great book for learning the alphabet with young children. There are no "words" per se in the story, instead the reader is to look for and identify words that begin with a particular letter of the alphabet. It's nice that there is a "cheat" sheet at the end that will let the adult know if there are items they are missing as they work through the story with children. I especially liked the paper cut format of the illustrations. It was nice to see that the items were really cut and glued versus merely using a program that simulates the art. I think that the format would encourage young readers to make their own paper illustrations, so the book serves yet another purpose.

I enjoyed it and will enjoy "reading" it many times with my grandchildren.