Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alpine Swiss Genuine Leather Money Clip front pocket wallet with magnet clip and card ID Case, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 28, 2011
I bought the Swiss Bags Genuine Leather Money Clip and the Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Money Clip With Id Window from Amazon. I will compare the two.

Swiss Bags Pros:
* Size - The Swiss Bags wallet is smaller than the Kenneth Cole. It isn't as long as the Kenneth Cole. It's also thinner. The magnet is thin, thinner than the magnet on my old Fossil front-pocket wallet. The clip on the Kenneth Cole is pretty thick, especially the bottom part that sticks out significantly.
* Money clip - The clip on the Swiss Bags wallet is easier to use. The Kenneth Cole clip is very tight, making it hard to get bills into it.
* Storage - The Swiss Bags wallet has credit card holders while the Kenneth Cole does not.
* ID window - The Swiss Bags wallet has a hole in the ID window, making it easy to remove your ID. The Kenneth Cole wallet doesn't.

Kenneth Cole Pros:
* Aesthetics - The Kenneth Cole wallet looks slightly better. It has a nice Kenneth Cole emblem stamped on the leather. The Swiss Bags wallet doesn't look bad at all. The logo on the clip, however, didn't look good when I received it. The red paint rubbed off quickly, and it actually looks better now.
* Smell - The Kenneth Cole wallet doesn't smell much. The lambskin Swiss Bags wallet smells of lambskin. I don't mind the smell, but after a couple weeks, it's still noticeable from 4-5 inches away.

I prefer the Swiss Bags wallet. I carry a front-pocket wallet because I want to fit all my essentials in the smallest package possible. The Swiss Bags wallet does this best.

UPDATE 2/26/2014: It's been two years and three months since I purchased this wallet. I've used it every day. It's held up very well. I may even buy another for when this one wears out several years down the road.
88 comments| 330 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
There are people dissing this wallet for being "cheap". It's eleven bucks. And for eleven bucks, this wallet is pretty good. I've spent far more than that on a wallet. I don't know how long this wallet will last, but at eleven bucks I'm pretty sure I can afford another one. I will point out that the lambskin smell is indeed very real. I have no idea if it'll last, or for how long, but just be prepared for it. Your money and cards will smell like the processed skin of slaughtered lambs. In most places, you'd have to pay extra for that. But not on the internet. Huzzah!

Recap:
Pros: This wallet is slim, light, and has a magnetic clip that can easily carry a few cards and about five folded bills. It's a perfect front pocket wallet. It also has a clear plastic ID display window. Perfect for breezing past those pesky bouncers and waiters who refuse to serve you alcohol without ensuring you're the proper age.
Cons: This wallet will lose your money if you carry a ton of bills. So if you're a waiter, or some other profession that results in you having a lot of one dollar bills in your possession (no judgments) this wallet may disappoint you there. Also did I mention it smells like lambskin? Because it totally does.
44 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
Very nice quality. Card slots are tight but loosen with time. Money clip is magnetic so it does not hold a large number of bills.
on August 6, 2011
the person that gave this item one star must own wallets that cost $100+ seeing as how i found this to be a great quality wallet. the magnet clip works great. the only problems i have are with the depth of the pockets on the clip-side of the wallet. the first one is proper depth bet the other two behind it are not. your cards can slide down and be a pain to get out since they are no longer visible.

overall this is great wallet for the price i paid for it and i would have paid full price if i had to
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
Only had it couple of weeks so holding out a star. But honestly it's exactly what I wanted. Clear ID pocket on the back, money clip on the front. Enough slots for four cards, two in each. Even have one more in the middle. Slim enough to keep in my front pocket. The magnetic money clip works great for 6-7 bills. If you need more than that, you are old school and should get a full size wallet.

I'll update as it wears.
review image review image
on February 11, 2012
Wallets great it does reek alot when you open it and for the first few minutes. I got this wallet becouse i dont want to carry a fat wallet around(i live in the hood) and so i can pull it out easily. The smell is like leather like a leather jacket or leather seats. You also cant carry alot of bills on it maybe limit it to less than 10(5 singles 2 fives 1 ten 2 twenty's). Whats also great is that once you get home you can just stick it to the fridge or a desk it is a magnet after all.
on May 12, 2015
I really want to tell it to alpine. I have used so many of wallet in my life ,but none of those wallets can met my requirement. All those wallets we have today are too big. Our teenage really wants a super slim wallet like Money Clip. This Money clip wallet still need to be improve. It means it is not prefect ,but I will keep using it. It is a wallet I really want. I am sure if you alpine improve those problems what I said.you will have more people want to buy it. First is the magnet is too weak ,second is cards can be fall out by itself. The last thing that it need to be improved is it needs a ring or something for gathering keys I improved this wallet ,and it can hold more than 20 piece of dollars because the magnet is stonger. It can also hold up some keys. Here is the photos.
review image
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
Pretty good quality I currently have 2 cards in each of the slots on the money clip side and my license on the clear side and it will hold about 12 bills in the clip 15 bills would be pushing it; and after all that it is still comfortable in my front pocket and not bulky at all.
on December 4, 2015
I have had this little guy for year and a half now. I can't even tell you how much I use this thing all the time. The magnet for the money clip is strong enough to hold about 20 bills if you have them folded right. Holds plenty of cards, I think I have about 16 cards in there. It does show a little bit of wear after a lot of use pulling cards in and out. But that's to be expected for a $10 wallet. The only complaint that I have is it is a little difficult to get cards in and out some of those pockets. But I've gotten used to it. Well worth the money!
on October 6, 2012
A nice front-pocket wallet that has one fault; pockets for credit cards should have bottoms in them of staggered depth so that cards protrude for easy removal.