4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
I buy a new wallet once every few years, and I like to go for one that is well-designed and well-constructed. This particular wallet meets all of these requirements at price that is tough to beat.

A quick overview:
Published 23 months ago by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars My credit cards are berely fit.
The quality of the wallet is good, leather is very soft. The only problem is that if you have more than 3 credit cards, you will hard times fitting them all - the pockets for credit cards are very narrow, let alone the business cards of a very standard size - you will not be able to fit those at all.
I would rate it 5 stars if not the problems with the credit cards.
Published 4 months ago by Pargev

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, September 10, 2012
Dan (Stanford, CA) - See all my reviews

A quick overview:
- There are six credit card slots, a window in the middle for an ID, and the main pocket for cash. There are also two hidden pockets in the flaps (there is no hidden pocket behind the photo ID slot).
- The main pocket does not have a divider down the middle for separating cash and receipts. I liked the one I had in my old wallet, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
- The wallet is indeed constructed of leather, and it has a very faint new leather scent (but you'd really have to put your nose up to it to notice).
- Your ID slides into the ID slot on the right side
- The pockets for the credit cards are a bit snug. However, this is expected. Since the leather stretches over time, the pockets should start snug and then gradually loosen to accommodate your cards more comfortably. Even with this snug starting fit, you shouldn't have trouble getting one card into each pocket.
- Similarly, the wallet as a whole starts out feeling pretty stiff. But over time, the leather will break in and soften, making the wallet much more comfortable to have in your pocket.
- The wallet is average thickness, slightly thinner than my last wallet (a Columbia leather trifold).
- Finally, the build quality is very good, on par with wallets I have seen at department stores in the $50 price range.

At the current $10 asking price, this wallet is a great bargain. I don't expect to be needing another wallet again for a long long time.

UPDATE 5/14/14
I've had the wallet for a little over a year and a half now. As expected, the tight pockets have gradually stretched to be a perfect fit for my cards. Otherwise, the wallet is holding up great with no damage or fraying at any of its seams. In a few years, when it finally does kick the bucket, my first thought will be to come back to this page and buy the same one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars gene, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
Wallet is perfect it is soft not bulky and all my cards fit in the spaces just find i disagree when people say you have to force your credit cards they fit snug so you don't have to worry about them sliding out the quility is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Depends on your life style, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
It seems to be well handcrafted from India. It's genuine soft leather so the smell is normal. It comes well packaged with a protective bag.

Stitches are well made. But if you squeeze it in tight jeans the corners aren't going to stay in shape for long because it's soft. But probably no wallets will. For the price I have no complain.

The logo design isn't a good idea as they have to cut a hole in the leather and glue in the semi-circular plastic logo.

It's a replacement of my bifold. I thought trifolds has a smaller footprint but just by very little. Basically the footprint is the size of a credit card plus margins for folding and stitches. I think trifolds are designed for an active lifestyle. The different orientation means that the cards are harder to slip out unintended. Also, like it or not, the design is to hold the cards tight so they won't slip out easily. It's rather difficult to get to the bottom card in each deck. All the bifolds I had are designed to access the cards easily.

This trifold has 6 card slots, 3 on each side with license holder in the middle. My bifold had 3 slots but many can have 6 slots.

Update after a month of use: it is well made - nothing falling apart and the wallet retains it's shape. After a few use, the card slots will loosen. Now it's perfectly easy to slide the cards in and out, but the cards are impossible to fall out by accident. Upgrade to 5 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality, February 21, 2013
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This wallet is great it feels amazing. Includes 6 credit card slots (credit card space behind slots), id slot, and a gift bag. I recommend this wallet to almost anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and durable, September 23, 2011
ImageMD (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
I buy a new trifold wallet about every 10 years. This is one of the best. It is beautiful and durable. Don't bother looking any further. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value, March 27, 2011
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
Well worth the money. It's a fairly inexpensive wallet that's of good quality and looks good too. It had everything I needed as far as places to put credit cards and business cards and pictures in the middle. I'm delighted with my purchase.

David in Wisconsin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wallet/Great Seller, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
My purse was stolen and in it was a wallet I had loved for 20 years (yes!), so replacing it was somewhat difficult. This wallet filled the bill nicely. It has plenty of slots for credit cards and other cards (such as Metro Card, library card, etc.). It's also very soft and easy to handle. The seller did an excellent job in getting the product to me in a speedy fashion and also at a great price. I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
Great leather tri fold wallet. This wallet is worth every penny best quality leather that you could expect for this .It fills great in my back pocket and there is plenty of room for all my cards and stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made wallet, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
I received this wallet and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of the main pocket for bills; as one of those people who always takes a receipt out of habit, I was used to my old wallet not having a deep enough pocket and having the receipts stick out and look extremely ugly, especially since my bank switched from long skinny receipts to short fat ones. This wallet is deep enough to easily hold them without sticking out, which is a big plus. The pockets for credit cards are snug enough, and I don't really feel like I have to worry about them falling out, unlike my old wallet, which even when new, was a bit loose. Feels very well put together and solid. No loose threads.

The only two minor quibbles I have is that the ID slot has a really thick border of leather around it, which means every time I want to buy alcohol, I have to take the ID card out. (This wallet does have a slot in it to make sliding the ID out easy, though.) The other issue is that there's nowhere to stash coins, but this generally is a problem with most wallets for men. I guess we're supposed to just cram it in our pockets so they can put ugly scratches all over our phones' touchscreens, or forget about them until they create horrible noises running through the dryer cycle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great style, July 20, 2013
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet (Shoes)
Good looking wallet ,slim, easy to remove credit cards , money .Just the right amount of slots, wish it were available in brown.

Rate and Discover Movies