Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on September 10, 2012
I buy a new wallet once every few years, and I like to go for one that is well-designed and well-constructed. This particular wallet meets all of these requirements at price that is tough to beat.

A quick overview:
- There are six credit card slots, a window in the middle for an ID, and the main pocket for cash. There are also two hidden pockets in the flaps (there is no hidden pocket behind the photo ID slot).
- The main pocket does not have a divider down the middle for separating cash and receipts. I liked the one I had in my old wallet, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
- The wallet is indeed constructed of leather, and it has a very faint new leather scent (but you'd really have to put your nose up to it to notice).
- Your ID slides into the ID slot on the right side
- The pockets for the credit cards are a bit snug. However, this is expected. Since the leather stretches over time, the pockets should start snug and then gradually loosen to accommodate your cards more comfortably. Even with this snug starting fit, you shouldn't have trouble getting one card into each pocket.
- Similarly, the wallet as a whole starts out feeling pretty stiff. But over time, the leather will break in and soften, making the wallet much more comfortable to have in your pocket.
- The wallet is average thickness, slightly thinner than my last wallet (a Columbia leather trifold).
- Finally, the build quality is very good, on par with wallets I have seen at department stores in the $50 price range.

At the current $10 asking price, this wallet is a great bargain. I don't expect to be needing another wallet again for a long long time.

UPDATE 5/14/14
I've had the wallet for a little over a year and a half now. As expected, the tight pockets have gradually stretched to be a perfect fit for my cards. Otherwise, the wallet is holding up great with no damage or fraying at any of its seams. In a few years, when it finally does kick the bucket, my first thought will be to come back to this page and buy the same one again.
44 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
It seems to be well handcrafted from India. It's genuine soft leather so the smell is normal. It comes well packaged with a protective bag.

Stitches are well made. But if you squeeze it in tight jeans the corners aren't going to stay in shape for long because it's soft. But probably no wallets will. For the price I have no complain.

The logo design isn't a good idea as they have to cut a hole in the leather and glue in the semi-circular plastic logo.

It's a replacement of my bifold. I thought trifolds has a smaller footprint but just by very little. Basically the footprint is the size of a credit card plus margins for folding and stitches. I think trifolds are designed for an active lifestyle. The different orientation means that the cards are harder to slip out unintended. Also, like it or not, the design is to hold the cards tight so they won't slip out easily. It's rather difficult to get to the bottom card in each deck. All the bifolds I had are designed to access the cards easily.

This trifold has 6 card slots, 3 on each side with license holder in the middle. My bifold had 3 slots but many can have 6 slots.

Update after a month of use: it is well made - nothing falling apart and the wallet retains it's shape. After a few use, the card slots will loosen. Now it's perfectly easy to slide the cards in and out, but the cards are impossible to fall out by accident. Upgrade to 5 star.
on February 21, 2013
This wallet is great it feels amazing. Includes 6 credit card slots (credit card space behind slots), id slot, and a gift bag. I recommend this wallet to almost anyone.
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2012
Wallet is perfect it is soft not bulky and all my cards fit in the spaces just find i disagree when people say you have to force your credit cards they fit snug so you don't have to worry about them sliding out the quility is great
on March 27, 2011
Well worth the money. It's a fairly inexpensive wallet that's of good quality and looks good too. It had everything I needed as far as places to put credit cards and business cards and pictures in the middle. I'm delighted with my purchase.

David in Wisconsin
on February 5, 2013
In product picture was no Alpine Swiss logo on left side of wallet but it is and this is pleasant.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon September 23, 2011
I buy a new trifold wallet about every 10 years. This is one of the best. It is beautiful and durable. Don't bother looking any further. Buy it!
on January 22, 2014
My purse was stolen and in it was a wallet I had loved for 20 years (yes!), so replacing it was somewhat difficult. This wallet filled the bill nicely. It has plenty of slots for credit cards and other cards (such as Metro Card, library card, etc.). It's also very soft and easy to handle. The seller did an excellent job in getting the product to me in a speedy fashion and also at a great price. I'm very happy with this purchase.
on October 31, 2013
The leather is very soft and feels very thin. I expect that the wallet will hold up as long as a year with the light duty I will give it. What will shorten the life of the product is the tightness of the pockets that hold cards etc. It is difficult to get cards in and out, and straining to get cards in and out will soon exceed the strength of the stitches, and they will part. The way the card pockets are aligned means that you have to dig out each card by jamming a finger into the card slot.

It's pretty near impossible to get multiple cards into the card slots. The greater the thickness of the cards, the greater the strain on the stitching.

I've never had a wallet made in this way, and I'm sure this one won't be around long.

The MSRP is fake. I doubt that anyone has ever paid forty five dollars for this showpiece.
on February 2, 2015
Purchased October 2013; still holding up very well! At first the credit card slots were a bit tight, but over time are just right. Over the last 40+ years I have had a tri-fold wallet of some kind so I am comparing to what I know.

I really like the overall texture of the wallet as it slides/fits nicely into my back pocket. The seams have held up well, as well as the clear ID pocket. I used to have/use an accordion style photo insert, but after buying a 3M-Scotch laminating machine I now carry treasured laminated photos of my daughters in the side pockets.
Over time you can add more cards to the slots and side pockets as they stretch.
Update: April 30, 2016; The wallet is nicely worn in and the seams and lining are holding up well.
I can now carry 3-4 cards/photos in each side "pocket" and 3+ cards in each of the 3 "slots" on both sides.
I one thing that annoyed me at first was the red Swiss logo button on the outside, but I have since have gotten used to it; and strangely, since Oct 2013, I've had two cashiers remark about it being a "Swiss" wallet.

This is as good as, if not better than the Docker's and Amity wallets that I have owned.