5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality speaker
The sound quality of these are amazing for it's size and price. The battery lasts for quite a long time, It is quite portable so you can carry it wherever you go, Would highly recommend this if you're looking for speakers with great sound quality and price.
Published 2 months ago by Daniel

I decided to try this speaker since the specs looked great. Almost to good to be true. I liked the fact that it had apt-x support. I couldnt find any documentation on manufacturers website or the user manual on how many watts this was or the bluetooth version.

Published 25 days ago by AK529

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features but just not good enough when compared to competition, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Altec Lansing Interchangeable Silicone Jacket Bluetooth Speaker (iMW645-BLK XL) (Electronics)

The speaker can get very loud and does provide a good amount of bass provided the speaker is turned up all the way. I wasnt happy with the overall sound quality when listening to tracks from my playlist. Some sounded good and others didnt. Some were loud and other werent. I havent had these issues on any of the bluetooth speakers Ive tried. I was also hoping to get good overal sound quality since these are altec lansing. I have owned many products made by them and never disappointed. I later read on a tech site that these were not made by altec lansing and that another thrid party company made them and altec just put their label on it. I probably wouldnt have believed this if I hadnt tried these out. They dont sound like altec lansings signature sound.

I do get some static between tracks. There is also crackling sounds when pressing stop. I dont really like the voice prompts letting you know when the device is paired or not. I wish there was a way to disable it or atleast reduce the volume of the voice. The charger provided is not a usb one its proprietary. There is also no case provided. The speaker does have nfc and a mic for calls which is nice. The speaker has a usb port to charge your phone but is only rated at .5 amps so will charge your phone very slowly. There is no way to change tracks on the speaker with the volume controls. The speaker comes with an extra red skin which is a nice touch, but no documentation on how to easily replace the skin. There is no app support or no way to upgrade the firmware. Overall I would not recommend this speaker. I decided to buy this speaker after reading glowing reviews on amazon and a close to 5 star ratting. Maybe the others didnt have the same experience as me. Or maybe they just havent tried as many as I have. I also got this speaker for $140. At this price range. The jbl charge which I purchased for $130 is the best contender. It sounds better, it has better battery life, it can charge your phone twice as fast, its easier to use, it comes with a case and it uses a usb charger so you can charge your speaker with any usb port. If you want to spend more money than the UE boom is $200 or the Harman Kardon Esquire is $250 both are great depending on your needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, much better than Bose mini, July 12, 2014
Pros: very good sound, surround sound feature, solidly-heavy box, two covers, long battery life

Cons: occasionally shuts off (only negative I can see)

Overall, an excellent product and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality speaker, June 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !!, June 8, 2014
These Are Nice ! love the bass, i just hook these up to my PC by Bluetooth and i on my way ,these are the nicest speaker i ever had i might buy 1 more for my brother he loves them too Good Seller !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker for Beach Season!, May 26, 2014
With summer coming and beach season starting I've been looking for a high quality Bluetooth speaker to bring to the beach. At the same time I have not wanted to break my savings and spend a lot on speakers. With my needs in mind I found the Altec Lansing to fit the criteria. The sound quality in both indoor and outdoor use has been excellent and I've had no trouble connecting it to my iPhone. The design is sleek and modern so I have no shame bringing it out in public. Compared to other Bluetooth speakers the Altec Lansing is fairy affordable. I'd highly recommend it to anyone wanting a good Bluetooth speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable sound for the size!!!, May 20, 2014
When I say this is unbelievable sound for the size I am not saying the sound is subpar...but it is understandable because it is small. Not at ALL! The mids and highs of this unit are out of this world. Even the lower male voice is portrayed realistically. Sure, the bass is not spectacular by any means but come on, it is a tiny little unit with 2.75" woofers. It is not fair to the unit to say the bass isn't huge. Woofers THAT small in a box THAT small just cannot produce heavy low end. But here's the deal, I doubt any of you will miss the bass. The high end shines so perfectly. I would say the bass is better than any unit I have ever heard that is similar in size. It impresses me so much with the bass it DOES have for being so small, I am not even thinking about what it COULD have. I am a big audio snob with a home system consisting of a Marantz Special Edition CD player, B&K Reference 50 preamp and Citation amp with custom speakers I have made using the original flagship JBL L-150A boxes, 128H woofers and passive radiators. I have added the top of the line Morel tweeters and Scan Speak mids. Yeah yeah yeah, whatever right? But if you know what those components are and you hear me praising this Altec unit, it will mean more to you.

I had a DeWalt radio I took with me to Maui every year to listen to on the beaches. I listened to it next to this unit and I am going to simply throw it away now. It sounds terrible, has LESS bass and is about 6 times larger.

Ok, now the REALLY cool part. If you have a smart phone, or other device with Bluetooth, you can connect those to this unit with EASE. I have not tried any connection with bluetooth except through my Motorolla Droid Maxx. (Not Razr Maxx) That worked great the first time I tried and I did not even have to pick up the directions. I started playing Pandora instantly and I can have my phone up to 30' away and still make the wireless connection. You can control the volume from the top of the unit OR straight from your phone if you are streaming Pandora. I am sure you could change it with other sources on your phone but I have not tried any others myself. In summary, buy this...and you will write a review with similar content as I have included just minutes after unboxing. ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and affordable product, May 19, 2014
This bluetooth speaker is probably one of the best products out there on the market. Before I go any further I want to let people know that for the price you are paying, you are getting a GOOD product. You will be satisfied with the sound quality too

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, May 14, 2014
Got this a week ago, and i have to say the sound quality is too good, and bass is just awesome. The battery life is about 7-9 hours. These speakers are what I've been looking for the whole time! Really great product and recommended to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars crystal clear sound and extremely portable, May 13, 2014
I have been searching all over for a decent portable speaker for my phone so i can listen to music louder on the go. I came across this one and i have to say i am extremely happy. The sound is crystal clear, you can put the volume up to the max and there is no scratching noises like you hear from many other speakers. The best thing however for me was the fact that this speaker is wireless (Works via Bluetooth). you can literally go jogging with it if you want to. On top of all this great features you get 2 changeable covers for it (Black and Red). This was a great find.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for the whole Time!, May 12, 2014
Wow, i've been going from these big name brands such as beats and Sony to other big names but these top the competition with a great price too! These speakers are what i've been looking for the whole time! I can't believe I skipped over these. Great sound and bass, great size and very cost efficient. Take my word for this, don't look any further if you're in the market for speakers. Great product, 5/5 in my book.

Rate and Discover Movies