Other Sellers on Amazon
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel Speaker System
|Price:||$56.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Stylish multimedia speakers with auxiliary input
- Add a CD or MP3 player without disconnecting from your computer
- Separate subwoofer adds bass from a compact enclosure
- Audio Alignment technology for balance and accuracy
- Each satellite speaker measures 5.1 x 5.2 x 4.7 inches, subwoofer measures 4.9 x 8.8 x 10.3 inches (WxHxD)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Model Number: VS2621
- Connectivity Technology: wired
- Color: Black
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Item Display Weight: 10.00 pounds
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel Speaker System
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||BARGAIN BUDDY||Amazon.com||Smart Bargains 4 U||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||12.1 inches x 16.3 inches x 6.7 inches||9.5 inches x 12 inches x 11.5 inches||13 inches x 15 inches x 14 inches||12.25 inches x 17.31 inches x 11.87 inches|
|Item Weight||8.5 pounds||9 pounds||13.1 pounds||18.35 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The side-firing subwoofer lets you hear and feel those big explosions. View larger.
Controls are conveniently located for easy access. View larger.
Stellar Sound and Striking Looks
With its striking, contemporary design, the VS2621 offers a bold visual statement, and the system's well-rounded sound grabs your ears. Each angled enclosure houses two three-inch speakers -- one active driver for the highs and mids and one passive speaker for improved bass response. The compact package gives you improved clarity and quality over integrated laptop speakers as well as striking looks that will complement any desktop setup.
Side-Firing Sub Adds Bass, Not Clutter
Measuring only 4.9 x 10.3 x 8.8 inches (W x D x H) the compact design of the separate subwoofer keeps your work area tidy. But don't let its size fool you -- you'll know it's there when the explosions in your games and movies rattle the room, or the bass in your favorite track hits with just the right amount of power.
Front Controls Within Easy Reach
With separate front-mounted knobs for power, volume, and tone, you have quick access for dialing in the perfect sound to match your music. The auxiliary input jack lets you use the VS2621 system to listen to your CD player, MP3 player, or digital music device without unplugging the speakers from your computer.
Audio Alignment Technology for Superb Accuracy and Alignment
The VS2621 relies on Altec Lansing's proprietary Audio Alignment technology to make sure all of the speakers' components work together to deliver your music the way it is meant to be heard. Audio Alignment technology offers the perfect balance of the three elements of the speaker system -- the drivers, enclosure, and electronics -- to ensure a natural, uncolored, and rich sound from your speaker system. The VS2621 system is optimized for computers and digital media, giving new life to your music and multi-media files.
About Audio Alignment
Whether it's the tiniest of ear buds or the most imposing of subwoofers, Altec Lansing has refined every detail of its speakers to provide you with the most accurate sound reproduction and quality. Audio Alignment ensures that your components work together to deliver your music the way it is meant to be heard, offering the perfect balance of your speaker system's drivers, enclosure, and electronics. For 70 years Altec Lansing has been refining this process, bringing your speakers to life with advanced technologies that make them sing.
What's in the Box
Altec Lansing VS2621 speaker system (two satellite speakers and one subwoofer) and quick connect guide.
|Altec Lansing Computer|
|BXR1220||BXR1221||VS2620||VS2621||Octane 7||Expressionist Ultra|
|Easy USB connection||Solid bass||Crystal-clear sound||Crystal-clear sound and powerful bass||Most popular design with seven drivers||A 200-Watts (RMS) powerhouse|
|Sound Enhancement Technology||Audio Alignment||Audio Alignment||Audio Alignment||Audio Alignment||Audio Alignment||Audio Alignment|
|Onboard Controls||Power, Volume||Power, Volume||Power, Volume, Tone||Power, Volume, Tone||Power, Volume, Bass, Treble||Power, Volume, Bass, Treble|
|Audio Inputs||2-channel analog (stereo)||2-channel analog (stereo)||2-channel analog (stereo)||2-channel analog (stereo)||2-channel analog (stereo)||2-channel analog (stereo) + RCA|
|BXR1220||BXR1221||VS2620||VS2621||Octane 7||Expressionist Ultra|
|Secondary Aux In Jack|
|Sound Pressure||80 dB SPL||84 dB SPL||92 dB SPL||93 dB SPL||95 dB SPL||106 dB SPL|
|Total Continuous Power (RMS)||N/A||9 Watts RMS||5 Watts RMS||28 Watts RMS||28 Watts RMS||200 Watts RMS|
|Peak Power||N/A||18 Watts||10 Watts||56 Watts||56 Watts||400 Watts|
|Frequency Response||180 Hz - 20kHz|
|50 Hz - 18kHz|
|90 Hz - 20kHz|
|45 Hz - 18kHz|
|45 Hz - 18kHz|
|40 Hz - 20kHz|
|Speaker Configuration||Two 2" full-range drivers||Two 2" full-range drivers with 4" subwoofer||Two 3" full-range drivers with two 3" passive radiators||Two 2" full-range drivers with 4" subwoofer||Four 1" high frequency micro drivers and two 3" mid-bass drivers, with 6.5" subwoofer||Two 3" mid-range and two 1" high-frequency neodymium drivers, with 6.5" subwoofer|
Top Customer Reviews
The Logitech system, the X-240, was an ok set. Decent looking, similar wattage, and the sub even had a bass volume knob. Speaking of the sub, it is a great little piece, delivering deep, loud bass when asked with minimal distortion.
However, I use my computer speakers mostly for music, and here is where the Altecs take the cake. Where the Logitechs sounded muddy and flat, the Altecs are crisp, clear and open. The mids and highs are great. The satellites are far superior to the Logitech. The Altecs sub is a heavy, well built and quite attractive. I found that where the Logitechs sub boomed, the Altec nicely integrated the bass with the mids/highs. The bass is nice and controlled, and can get loud without distortion. The only plus the logitech had, musically, over the Altec was that the sub on the Logitech would get louder and had a volume control, where the Altec does not. However, for musical purposes, the Altec sub definitely has more than enough kick.
My conclusion is that each set has its own merit. For games and movies, where clarity is less important and bass is, go for the Logitech. But if you want crisp, clear sound with well rounded but not super loud bass, Altec is the clear winner.
I compared this speaker set against my current computer speakers, which were more expensive and include a bigger subwoofer. This set is definitely comparable to my current one and has the added advantage of the AUX jack. I also compared this set to a nice docking station I have that produces very good sound quality. Also comparable. I'm impressed!
The speakers cannot be spaced more than 4 feet apart and you need to be careful about the positioning of the subwoofer, or you'll lose most of your bass effect. You cannot turn the volume up very high. It will go to "loud" but not "louder." There is a tone knob that adjusts bass/treble, but too far toward the bass side produces muffled sound and too far toward the treble side produced tinny sound. I left it in the middle and am happy with the quality of the sound. This set will not please a serious audiophile - certainly not someone who likes a *lot* of bass - but they're pretty darned good! I'm very pleasantly surprised by the quality of these speakers.
This system's PROS:
1. Loud and good low-end bass at high volumes. I was impressed with the sound of this system when I turn it up, especially compared to the Logitech. It sounded much better and much louder!
2. This is a Pro and Con...it has a TONE knob on the right speaker along with the VOLUME. This is a good, but not good enough. It is better than the Logitech with no equalization controls whatsoever, but it only seems to give me control of high frequencies. I would really like to have a BASS and TREBLE knob along with VOLUME.
This system's CONS:
1. I'm not very excited about the attractiveness of the speakers. The subwoofer is fine, but the speakers are just not all that exciting to display.
2. As I mentioned in PRO 2, the TONE knob is good, but there is no low frequency adjustment at all. At low volumes, I would like to increase the bass, and at high volumes have it not quite as high.
3. The power switch is on the back of the subwoofer! This is the worse strike against this system. I wish it was on the volume control knob or right speaker. If the subwoofer is under a computer desk or behind furniture, this is not good.
4. I cannot fit the headphone jack into my iPhone with it's case. I can fit the Logitech jack. This could be remedied with a trip to Radio Shack, but they should just adjust the design to make it fit more devices.
5. The system uses hard-to-fix wiring. The right speaker has three wires coming from it.Read more ›
- Tone control adjustment dial (to customize to the type of music you are listening to)
- Secondary AUX input jack available which is very convenient (so you don't have to unlinked the primary jack)
- Quite portable (eventhough the subwoofer is not that small or light, but much more compact to many other subwoofer out there)
- Very affordable (best value 2.1 speaker systems in this price range)
- Power button is on the subwoofer (and not on the satellite speakers)
- Secondary UX input jack cable not included
- The cable between the satellite speakers are not very long
- Sound quality degrade as you continue to increase the volume beyond a certain point (i.e. don't use it too loud)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It looked very cheap and sounded really bad. Will not recommend.Published 14 days ago by Kingsley O.
Excellent speakers! Been using it for years now, and still going.....Published 28 days ago by Jimmy Cash
Very good speakers for the price. We live in a small place and these are more than adequate. About the only thing I could say is they almost have too much base. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M W
we were looking for a nice set of speakers for our family room computer. we needed something for playing games watching videos. Read morePublished 1 month ago by howard