5.0 out of 5 stars The Best I've Seen
I'm not understanding some of the (insubstantial) negative comments here. This book's about artistic technique, not a Theory of Everything or required reading. I am an experienced artist specializing in mixed media journals, making it all up on my own rather than getting it from books (partly because I didn't know good guides by real artists existed in the "Crafts"...
Published on May 16, 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought
I made a mistake in ordering this; not what I thought. I would never destroy a book to make a piece of art.
Published 7 months ago by Anne Hajjarian

5.0 out of 5 stars great altered book resource for a teacher, December 22, 2010
bluemoe29 (Lafayette, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
I bought this so that I could start doing altered books with my high school students. I had never done altered books before but it seemed like a good project since I don't have big budget. This book as good instructions and great pictures of examples of the different types of processes you can use in altered book. I don't know if it's great for an artist who works with altered books but it is perfect for my purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars New to altered books, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
I am new to altered books and had borrowed this book from the library. It was so helpful that I wanted to renew it when it was due, but someone else had already requested it! So I decided I had to have my own. It's really helpful to be able to refer to it when I'm working on a project. It has everything you need to know to begin altering books!

5.0 out of 5 stars A second copy to share with my grandchildren, my fellow artists, April 2, 2010
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
The Tacoma (Washington) Calligraphy Guild began an exchange of ATCs with the Sequim guild, the Peninsula Scribes. As I engaged in the exchange, my grandchildren, from ages 4 to adult became interested, too. So, when I make the requisite 16 to 18 themed ATCs for our guild exchange, I make extras for my grandchildren. The last exchange, in February, had the theme of Memories. I used this theme to do a digital collage of 19 B/W photos that my mother had taken between 1952 and 1954 while we were living in France, on the outskirts of Chateauneuf sur Cher, when there were only four Harrington children (of the final seven.) That collage was folded so it could be opened flat, fastened between front and back cardstock covers and lettering put on the front of "Memories: Harringtons in France 1952-1954" and the listing of theme, TCG, my name, date and series number. I have so enjoyed this process, I made complimentary copies for my six siblings, my three children, my exchanging grandchildren and a neice who is also involved in this. I bought this second book to send to my neice, at the University of Oswego, New York, to encourage her interest in artistic pursuits. My children, grandchildren and all but two of my siblings live nearby. I love this small, portable, easy to store and display art form. It's a wonderful way to share an important part of my life with my siblings that came along from six months to 10 years later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of inspiring ideas, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
This is a very well written and well illustrated book. I have recently begun to create altered books, and Bev Brazelton makes it easy, fun, and inspiring, taking you step by step through the processes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect book for starting an altered book, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
I have signed up for an altered book workshop soon and wanted to know what to expect. This book gives many ideas for making ones own altered book. Inspirational. I can't wait for the workshop!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Workshops, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
Based on the multiple positive reviews, I decided to purchase it. I am just beginning to consider Altered Art. I already love collage and I can see that these art forms can overlap

5.0 out of 5 stars Open Up Your Artistic Mind, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
As an artist I was looking for another way to use mixed media. I found it in this book about altered books. It is well written and the illustrations are very helpful. I am a "pack rat" and save lots of "stuff". This method of making art was a wonderful way for me to use the things I had been saving. At the same time I was making a sort of scrapbook and timeline of a part of my life. I recommend the book to artists of all kinds. It opens up doors in your mind for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great and inexpensive way to express yourself., July 8, 2013
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
I really like all of these North Light Books.
They are a great source of inspiration and for a knick knack and scrap collector like me, they provide many jumping off points for being creative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Altered books..used, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
It was a used book & described exactly as I received it.
I'm using it to learn some art techniques.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Altered Books Workshop, May 9, 2013
Carolyn (Gold Hill, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altered Books Workshop (Paperback)
Not really what I was looking for. More along scrapbooking stuff, so I gave it away to a friend interested in that and she loves it.

Altered Books Workshop
Altered Books Workshop by Bev Brazelton (Paperback - March 1, 2004)
Used & New from: $4.53