After searching online and asking around in disbelieve that Alterna discontinued the Hemp line products - particularly Concrete - I was pleasantly relieved to discover Sculpting Clay as it's replacement. After a few uses it appears to be the same formula as Hemp Concrete with a different scent & package. Feels, looks, and performs the same...

I'm curious why...
Published on July 14, 2012 by bknueven

2.0 out of 5 stars Thick, sticky stuff... and not in a good way
I previously used their Hemp product in the green container and tried this as a replacement. For me, the stuff is just too thick and sticky. After applying to my head, it takes an excessive amount of soap to get the residue off my hand. And it tends to make my hair feel dirty.
Published 13 months ago by Swimmerchic

4.0 out of 5 stars intense hold, light weight - new generation of Alterna Hemp Concrete, July 14, 2012
bknueven (FT MITCHELL, Cayman Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alterna Bamboo Style Form Ultra Hold Sculpting Clay for Unisex, 2 Ounce (Misc.)

I'm curious why Alterna hadn't provided any sort of communication to point customers/reviewers of Hemp line products to similar products within the new Bamboo line. I suppose a good product is better than good communication.

Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the same Concrete you once loved behind a new label!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds Even My Ridiculously Fine Hair, April 4, 2013
This product provides great hold for my hair, which is incredibly fine and has always had the body of a tortilla. It allows me to give it a little bit of volume and put it where I want, and provides re-workability during the day. It does all this without making my hair feel crispy, crunchy, gooey, greasy, slimy, or pretty much any other adjective you could reasonably associate with hair styling products. And you use such a tiny amount (I have short hair), that the jar lasts forever! Well worth the cost. When Alterna's stopped making their hemp-based product, I was disconsolate. When I discovered that it was replaced by this bamboo-based product, which was at least as good, if not better, I was disproportionately overjoyed. I know I'm a bit of a foolish writer, but it's early and I haven't had my coffee. Bottom line: You can't go wrong with this. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The replacement for Alterna Hemp Concrete!, August 21, 2012
Jeffrey Chew (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Thinking I was in a rut after finding out that Alterna Hemp Concrete was discontinued, I started to look for alternatives. After unsuccessfully trying a couple of others, I luckily came across the bamboo product line. This is exactly like the hemp concrete that I've used for ages, just hope now that they don't discontinue this one!

Only gripe is that I'd like this product to be Amazon Prime eligible, and possibly "subscribe and save" as well.

EDIT: when I first purchased this, it was through Price Pros and I had to pay extra for shipping. Looks like now it is fulfilled through Amazon so Amazon Prime is available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome just like the discontinued alterna, April 23, 2013
I have always been a fan of the original alterna.. My stylist had me hooked.. I did a little research found this and it's basically the same as before

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 9, 2013
E. Emmert (Huron, SD USA) - See all my reviews
I love this clay. I was a user of Sebastian Xtah Crude Clay and this is very much the same. I highly recommend this clay if you have short hair that needs fullness and long-lasting hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced Concrete, October 20, 2012
Thank goodness I found a replacement for their discontinued Concrete! I love this stuff.

A tiny bit goes a long way! It gives the perfect texture for a "piecey" look without getting hard or feeling heavy and it retains its moldability all day. I like the new scent too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Product for Men's Hair Styling, December 2, 2013
Trent Huckstep (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
After using Alterna Hemp Sculpting Putty for a few years and being exceptionally pleased with how it styled my hair, I was extremely disappointed to find out that it has been discontinued. I saw that other reviewers said this was a great alternative to the Hemp Sculpting Putty, and I completely agree with their recommendations.

This product has a pleasant consistency and it only requires a tiny bit to style my hair, so one jar of this probably lasts 6+ months with daily use. I really liked the smell of the Hemp Sculpting Putty and this product's scent, although different, is subtle and equally pleasing. After styling my hair, my hair does not look greasy and the product does not make my hair hard, so it can be restyled after taking off a hat or bicycle helmet. When I put on the product in the morning, it holds all day and my hair looks just as good in the evening as it did when I styled it in the morning.

Having my hair look nice really boosts my self-confidence, and I love it's consistency. I've never used a better product for my shortish- to medium-length hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product I've used so far, December 11, 2014
Wow....
So prior to this I was using Crew Fiber and let me tell you, the experience that Alterna gave me has officially made me a fan boy. Unlike waxes like Fiber, Alterna Bamboo is not sticky in the slightest! Which means no more ripping out hair by the roots on accident. Also this stuff actually holds very well and stays malleable throughout the entire day which is exactly what I wanted. The smell is good too, people certainly won't be able to smell it in your proximity (which i think is good) and if a girlfriend is really close to your hair and gets a scent, it doesn't smell like disgusting chemicals.
Some reviews mention that there is a white residue that gets left in their hair but I have not had this problem, they are probably just using an insane amount, so rest assure that this product does not suffer from that problem.

I don't what else to say except this stuff is my new favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for Alterna Hemp Hair Concrete, September 2, 2013
This will not make your hair greasy at all. If applied to dry hair then it will just give you control of your hair placement.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, June 16, 2013
I have short hair - my hair dresser uses this on my hair - it leaves it soft and yet you can do anything you want with your hair with your fingers if you want to