Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2008 6:38:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2008 6:38:47 PM PDT
Ron Sullivan says:
After about a year and a half or so of participating in the discussion board for my review of WTEWYE, I'm definitely noticing that people are asking for recommendations for books to read as an alternative. The problem is that, collectively, we don't seem to be coming up with a heck of a lot.
So my goal here is to try and start a more positive discussion of what other books everyone found that DOES work, so we can finally put this over-rated piece of garbage back to work lining someone's bird-cage ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 9:58:47 PM PDT
Jules says:
I would suggest "Pregnancy for Dummies".
I wish I would have read it instead of What to Expect. It would have made me a lot less worrisome and a lot less afraid of food! What to Expect had me convinced everything I was eating was going to hurt my baby, where as "Pregnancy for Dummies" was much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2008 1:24:28 AM PDT
Rock on! says:
I had to put down those books for verbatim guidance and stick to what my mid-wife said. She provided me a list of sources that promote natural childbirth that I found were more positive and encouraging than WTEWYE. Doulas are also good sources of info. I'm 25 weeks now and I feel more empowered and less fearful after talking to a local doula.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 29, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What to Expect When You're Expecting
What to Expect When You're Expecting (Paperback)
3.1 out of 5 stars   (1,100)