Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 7:28:56 AM PDT
Johnny G says:
To all those that have followed the Gerson Protocol, have you all used the Norwalk Juicer?

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 10:18:12 AM PDT
PandaCat says:
I got a Norwalk juicer after learning about Gerson (book, videos) since two years ago. I use it to get high quality juice based on basic Gerson principles. I love the juicer but it does take longer to juice and clean up. I use it 1-3 times a month mostly juicing apples and carrots and can get about 12-14oz of juice per pound of fruit/veggie.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 3:01:33 PM PDT
M. Bolton says:
Hello Isabelle,

There's an article that can help point you to the right direction. Just do an Internet search for "Comparison of Juice Extractors: Enzymes".

To sum it up, besides a Norwalk, the next best thing is a separate masticating juicer press setup. The best masticators are Champion and Green Star juicers. Regarding a press, there are only a couple of options that I know about--one of which is sold on Amazon and another is a company recommended by the Gerson Institute. Just do an Internet or Amazon search for "juice press". Besides this, the next in line is a masticating juicer by itself, and in dead last is a centrifugal juicer.

Hope this helps

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 10:00:15 AM PDT
I have been on the therapy for 6 months now and we use a champion juicer and press from juice press factory. My husband had to modify the angle of the press ever so slightly for better drainage. For the cost difference, yes its a good juicer set up! If you have the money get a Norwalk, but if not this will do.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 1:01:31 PM PDT
To SnC Mandrell and Isabelle:
How is your journey going with Gerson? I have just started at home and still deciding if I should go to Mexico clinic for two weeks or not. Just curious and would appreciate feedback.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 4:46:13 PM PDT
Hey There, I am several months into treatment with a few weeks off here and there. It can be done at home, but that choice is up to you and the severity of how you feel. It is not super easy, nor is it super hard just requires consistency. And of course the right equipment, lol. I have been able to get most of my stuffs online(minus the food). I feel so much better and it is amazing! It is not over yet, but I am on my way. Keep on Keeping on!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:12:03 PM PST
I was on Gerson for three years, and had a coach work with me from the Gerson Institute. It was incredibly successful for me. I am now on a maintenance program and still juice about 1 to 2 quarts daily. I use a Green Star and for the first three years also used a hydraulic press in combination with the Green Star. Now i just use the Green Star, but the press really did make a difference when i was on the program more strictly. You can call Gerson for more information on types of hydraulic presses. I did not opt to purchase the Norwalk because of the cost, but i feel if the budget allows, it is a worthwhile investment for your health. good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:20:19 PM PST
Teresa says:
Just curious how you are doing - praying you are continuing to get well!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 6:32:25 AM PST
It has been an adventure full of ups and downs. Our daughter has now started on the therapy with me and she has shown awesome improvement. I found I can order my apples and such from the local grocer at a nice cost when bought by the case. Helped greatly. I pray you all are doing well and keeping up getting healthy. :D

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:26:20 AM PST
S. C. Lykins says:
My husband is bedridden going on two years and I want to do the Gerson therapy but he vomits the raw juice unless I mix it with cooked vegetables. Anyone know how I can get his body to tolerate straight juice?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 9:40:34 AM PST
Dlea says:
CALL the Gerson Institute in San Diego. They are very helpful and can make recommendations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 8:30:30 AM PST
I read in the book about using the juice as a retention enema. I have also read about that being practiced in a book titled Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss. It sounds as if your husband has a lot going on inside. Maybe call Gerson Ins. It wont cost you to ask questions. Will be praying.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 8:43:23 AM PST
S. C. Lykins says:
Thank you, Dlea and SnC Mandrell. I will follow up with your suggestions... we've come this far (AMA docs said he would die within 3 weeks back in May of 2011) so I brought him home to treat with good food and supplements. He's stable and improved in some significant ways (his serum albumen has gone from 1.6 to 2.7) but he needs more to get over the hump and out of bed. It is exciting to have new and encouraging options to pursue.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 8:32:32 AM PST
How do you use the hydraulic press in combination with the green star?
I am looking for an alternative to the Norwalk and am considering the green star 3000 press.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 11:06:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2013 11:11:27 AM PST
S. C. Lykins says:
After weeks of intense reading all the pro's, con's of all the juicers and turning my brain inside out, and watching youtube videos and comparisons till I was dreaming about juicers, I opted for the Omega 8006 and I'm really thrilled with it. The pulp comes out so dry when I make juice that even though I have a hydraulic juice press, I now just juice it in the Omega and then pour the juice through a high quality fine mesh sieve. It tastes as pulp free as doing the combination masticate & press. The litmus test for me is that my sick husband, who cannot tolerate pulp in juice, can drink it just fine this way. The press works fine but if I had it to do over I would have gotten the juice buddy press. I actually hired the juice buddy press guy to make a slight addition to my green star press. He is very helpful and reasonable in his pricing. If I had heard of his press first, I would have gotten it. I'm happy to not have the Norwalk because of its high rpm and what appears to be high maintenance, too, let alone the cost. And again, I'm so very pleased with this little Omega 8006 juicer. The juicer I owned before this was a Green Star dual auger bought new back in 2003. After reading some reviews that the Elite Green Star Juicer did not press out the juice as well as expected and was a bear to clean, I passed it up. The quality of the Omega juice matched with its ease of cleaning makes all the difference to me. I have not had any auger scraping issues with it. I examined it very carefully when I first operated it.

Best wishes with your choices. What works for one is not necessarily the best choice for the other.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 3:21:38 AM PST
There are many fine juicers and press's on the market these days. I am glad you found one that fits your needs, most importantly you found a way to help your husband :) Keep on keeping on.

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:46:28 PM PDT
Lauren says:
Recently diagnosed with synovial sarcoma...want to start Gerson and would love some in put from other people who have been using the Gerson therapy if going to Mexico is the best way to go...because of the cost would the in home coach be ok and I have to work...so how do I get 13 juices in a day when I have to work 8 hours at least 4 days per week. I would soo apreciate hearing from you guys. Thanks, Lauren P.S has anyone worked while doing the 2 year Gerson plan...because I would not have the opportunity to juice at work and not working is not an option....single and no rich relatives.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:24:54 AM PDT
Hi there, So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You have the right idea to search out alternatives.It is very time consuming but can be done. For me in the beginning I needed help, I could not have done it with out my family to help me. Not only for preparations but emotional support .Read about the healing reactions. I mean.. I have the ability to be an emotional gal at times but, yikes, it was intense. You'll need Some one who is very understanding and open. I did not call the clinic. I bought the book, did hours of research. I used more than just their therapy though, I went a holistic approach to healing, even modified it has been an amazing experience. So I would offer this , do some research, gather recruits and choose a path to healing. Do what you can, anything will be better for your body than nothing. I should add that is is more than a few month(year) thing. It is a lifestyle change. My whole family has benefited from the way we eat and live now. Because of others dietary issues in the home we are now gluten /dairy free plus a host of other intolerance's. I have tons of links to sites and can share tips on how to cut costs if your interested just let me know. I will be sending good thoughts your way.~ Cherlyn

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:43:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 1:43:29 PM PDT
M. Bolton says:
Lauren--I wholeheartedly believe in healing via naturopathic means, and I believe Dr. Gerson was onto a big breakthrough with his work. However, the clinic in Mexico came off as a little "shady". For example, they said, and I quote, "If your mother-in-law does not come here and get treated, she *will* die." Now granted, I believe that the center in San Diego, which is run by Dr. Gerson's daughter, is much more legitimate and is more willing to help.

Outside of Gerson's, if you want the best overall care, there is none better than the Cancer Treatment Centers of America's Seattle location. This is because Washington is much more lenient with naturopathic medicine than most other states, so if you were to go there, you'd be treated by both a traditional and naturopathic oncologist.

I hope all works out well for all of you.

Warmly,

LB

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 4:08:59 PM PDT
Deidre Lin says:
I started juicing for better health and healing from PTSD which causes your hormones and body to hold onto lots of toxins. I am using the Breville juicer and getting very good results. It is not a masticating juicer but the pulp is so dry when it finishes that there is really nothing left at all in it.

To continue my health journey I am getting the Gerson Method book to supplement what I am already doing.

Health and blessings to all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 9:37:43 AM PDT
tha_fultonz says:
You should look into the GAPS diet along with Gerson, sometimes the raw food is too much to handle and dense homemade bone broth can be soothing to the stomach and help heal the gut lining which is where 70% of illness comes from. Look up Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride :) - I hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2013 9:43:25 AM PDT
drmick says:
I just recently ordered an Omega 8006 and wanted to know where you got the "high quality fine mesh sieve" and what its specifications were, i.e. size, how fine the holes are, etc. If you have the time would you email be at drmick3@cox.net. From all my research, this Omega 8006 and "sieve" seems to be the best option!
Thanks, Mickey

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 10:27:20 AM PDT
M. Bolton says:
Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I have a very lightly used (like new) juice press available. This is the Gerson officially endorsed juice press: http://gerson.org/gerpress/gerson-supplies-juicers/

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'd rather sell the Champion juicer + press together, but would be willing to sell separately. Thx

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2013 11:13:21 PM PDT
S. C. Lykins says:
Hi Mickey,

I bought mine from amazon. If you search for the following you'll see the one I got:

CIA Masters Collection 6-3/4-Inch Very Fine Mesh Strainer

The juicer comes with a sieve but it's not very fine and too much pulp still gets through. I just put the one I got over a large measuring cup and pour the juice through it. There is a smaller sieve of same quality but I'm glad I got the larger one because sometimes you need to rotate it a bit to strain the last bit of juice out.

I still like this juicer so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2013 10:01:17 AM PDT
drmick says:
Thanks so very much. I emailed John at www.discountjuicers.com and included your review. He confirmed what you said. Its amazing that I haven't seen more reviews of the combination Omega 8004 and Sieve, particularly since John has a YouTube comparing the Omega 8004, the Green Star Elite and the Norwalk, and he never mentions using a manual sieve to get the last bit of pulp out It was most helpful to learn that the sieve that comes with the 8004 doesn't do the job; so, I just purchased the CIA Master strainer on Amazon today. Its also interesting, that almost never do any of the strainers list mesh size and I could find no where that differentiated between a triple and a double mesh. I hope your husband is feeling better. His need for a pulp-free juice was the Litmus test for me to.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  45
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about