Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Altogether Adam 2012

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9476-9500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 21, 2012 3:54:32 PM PDT
ForeverCliff says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsmozkqwIMI
Has anyone posted this video with the girl on stage with Adam?

Posted on May 21, 2012 3:56:28 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
Thanks for posting the whole tweet--it didn't make sense otherwise.

Are they going to be on Fuse TV at some point?

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:00:01 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
My TV says that Watch What Happens comes on from 11:01-11:31 p.m. and today's guests are Jerry Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick. I'll set the record button just in case.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:01:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 4:02:10 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Carol,
I thought that show was scheduled for May 24th. Maybe Adam taped it today.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:04:24 PM PDT
sandy2696 says:
I posted one this morning which I think might be the same one.

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:09:23 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
USWeekly: @adamlambert visited Us today to talk about his new album #Trespassing!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:10:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 4:12:07 PM PDT
Deb says:
Jan...LOL...exactly. I've been busy putting out fires all day.

Thank you, Jan, and thank you, Polly, and thank you, Sandy! for the birthday wishes.

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:12:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 4:15:15 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
rags, sorry--I didn't know you were responding to Fantastic. I never saw her post about Maroulis because I was so excited to post the latest figures from HDD. I totally missed that original post. I was in a Lambert fog!

My computer was off for awhile this afternoon--then I logged on and pulled up HDD and it still showed Adam at No. 5. Then a little while later I refreshed the website and Adam popped up at the No. 1 spot and I went a little bonkers! A little?

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:13:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 4:15:48 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
RT @mix949: #glamberts did it! We're at 1217 followers, so as a thank you, @mix949 is playing #trespassing start 2 finish Friday night! The entire album!

http://mix949.com/listen-live/

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:16:17 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
YAY Team!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:18:26 PM PDT
The Weez says:
They should be playing the entire #Trespassing album because it is a damn good album and we shouldn't need to bribe them, the wankers! OK, I did go and follow them, but I'm weak-willed that way.

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:30:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 4:33:42 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
A post about last night's show - I hope the show that I see has a better sound system amd I've noticed that about the backup singers too. I think it's the new addition:

I just got home from KTUphoria. I'm absolutely deaf in my right ear.

I'm uploading my video now but it's gonna take about 2 1/2 hours to upload because its HD. My camera shut itself off when he was performing Cuckoo but, fortunately, I saw it and was able to capture the band intro and ending. I also caught the crazy fan he brought up on the stage.

Once again, every act had major sound issues. Poor K'Naan changed the song he was going to sing because of it and apologized to the audience. Other artists apologized too.

Adam was in full voice tonight even though at times he couldn't be heard over the band. Such a shame. I was lucky enough to be close enough that I could hear his voice before it hit the mike. I'm not a singer, but I do believe his backup singers are off, a lot. I hope they get that straightened out, soon.

Oh, and Adam really needs to each a sandwich or sometnig. He's very, very thin now.

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:37:54 PM PDT
The Weez says:
Here's the excerpt from The Idolator about the awards given out at last night's BBMA show.

"The 2012 Billboard Music Awards turned into the 2012 Adele Awards, as the British songstress was honored with 12 awards, including Top Artist, during the show at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Party-meisters LMFAO also walked away with some major booty - six trophies, to be precise, with their smash single "Party Rock Anthem" nabbing the award in three separate musical genre categories (Top Pop, Rap and Dance Song).

The night's other big winners include Woman Of The Year Taylor Swift (who kept her "surprised" face to a minimum level of shock, as she had no competition in this category), Lil Wayne picking up trophies for Top Rap Artist, Top Rap Album and Top Male Artist, and Coldplay winning Top Alternative Artist, Top Rock Artist and Top Rock Album. Check out the full list of winners below."
I love the comment about Taylor Swift and her "surprised" face. She always manages to look like, "what? little ol' me has won another award?"

Posted on May 21, 2012 5:07:35 PM PDT
sandy2696 says:
Another review
http://markospapadatos.suite101.com/adam-lambert-album-review-trespassing-a407643

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 5:37:13 PM PDT
The Weez says:
Sandy,
Awesome! An "A" rating - definitely a man after my own heart!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 8:41:48 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
I don't know how I missed the Adele awards. She wasn't there and the only mention of her I heard was about the Rolling in the Deep nomination which LMFAO won.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 8:53:37 PM PDT
The Weez says:
Carolb57,
"How I missed the Adele awards?" - It wasn't about Adam so easy to overlook. I do it all the time. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 4:55:51 AM PDT
carolb57 says:
Right, Weez. But seriously the only time I heard her name mentioned was for the award that LMFAO won. Maybe I wasn't paying attention when they read off a bunch of other awards, but Adele won 12 of them? I wasn't glued to the TV the whole time but I could hear what they were saying at all times. This is really weird. Again, she wasn't there so that's probably why they didn't make a big deal out of what she won. In fact at one point I was wondering if the Billboard Awards were only for U.S. artists until I heard her name mentioned for that one award. They seemed to be emphasizing the performers that night more than the award recipients.

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:13:55 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
@EvieN (managing editor of RollingStone): Just had lunch with @adamlambert and am now buying his album four times!

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:24:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 8:25:45 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
One of the people who attended the RS lunch meeting with Adam yesterday tweeted about it. She is "foxxden' @onlyonebran on twitter and she works in media. Here are her tweets:

Tweet on May 16th:
I just got on the list for the Rolling Stone/US Weekly lunch with @adamlambert Monday! #perksofworkinginmedia

Tweets following lunch with Adam:

Ok here's my brief US Weekly/Rolling Stone Adam lunch recap: It was all industry people...very insightful interview...touched on where Adam sees the music industry going

Most of the conversation was how much radio is a struggle but a necessary evil...he's a very smart guy... he really wants that big radio smash bc he knows it will open up big doors for him. re struggle with radio: seems like a lot of politics and much less about the music

and i got to meet Adam and take a pic with him!!! it was like 5 seconds but he was really nice...will share pic when they send to me.

it wasn't a fan event so it wasn't wild and crazy, more reserved but so cool to be there and hear adam speak...very wise!

he also gave a lot of shout outs to his fans and said they help him get more stuff from his label because his label knows there's a demand from his fans

he also talked about the album making process...pharrell, sam sparro, dance songs vs. ballads, etc.

his label is working on remixes for trespassing and NCOE at the moment.

About music industry: dance music back, pop mostly fueled by females, not enough male role models

wants to try fashion, movies and stuff but wants to make sure the music part is established first before branching out into other areas

lastly, adam came across very intelligent, grounded, and funny. stand up guy!

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:30:04 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Pic by @zmjohnson: Had lunch with @adamlambert today! 5-21-12

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10141639&l=a20e3dfcde&id=252558399090

(Rolling Stone/US Weekly lunch - media only event)

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:42:23 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
CUTE!!!

http://twitter.com/LaurieMotley/status/204784645513023489/photo/1

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:45:38 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Pic of venue for today's Q102 radio concert (sent by Ashley). Very nice setting.
http://instagr.am/p/K7sqbTG4vi/
Have a great time, Polly! :)

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:49:46 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Q102's Springle Ball 2012
Tuesday, May 22nd
Wells Fargo Center

The biggest show to kick off your summer is coming! Springle Ball 2012 - Tuesday, May 22nd at the Wells Fargo Center!

All your favorite artists will be in Philly to hit the stage featuring Hot Chelle Rae, Cody Simpson, Flo Rida, Train, Carly Rae Jepson, Austin Mahone, The Wanted, Adam Lambert, Calvin Harris, Chiddy Bang, Chris Rene and Enrique Iglesias!

Springle Ball is TODAY! Doors Open @ 5:30pm - Show Starts @ 6:30pm

http://www.q102.com/pages/events/springle-ball/

Doors open at 5:30 and The Wanted Starts The Show At 6:30

Full Schedule
5:30pm - Doors Open
6:30pm - The Wanted
6:50pm - Calvin Harris
7:10pm - Hot Chelle Rae
7:30pm - Austin Mahone
7:50pm - Carly Rae Jepsen
8:05pm - Cody Simpson
8:25pm - Adam Lambert
8:50pm - Chris Rene
9:15pm - Enrique Iglesias
9:35pm - Chiddy Bang
10:00pm - Train
10:45pm - Flo Rida

(I'll report on the show either late tonight or tomorrow.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:00:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 9:19:10 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Weez,
The Wells Fargo Center seats 20,318 for basketball games but they've blocked off seats behind the stage and added nine sections of floor seats (where I'm sitting), so I don't know how many people will be there tonight. It's sold out except for a few upper level seats that have really bad views of the stage. Even Stub Hub has only 35 tickets left, mostly singles on the upper level. I have tickets for row 17 on the floor. All of the floor tickets, at $151.00 apiece, sold out in the pre-sale.

I just hope the sound system is good tonight so my eardrums don't get ruptured. I actually had that happen once in one eardrum and it hurts like heck (from an infection - not concert speakers). It should be lots of fun waiting in line to go to the ladies' room and to buy overly priced hot dogs (NOT!). It's all worth it to see Adam but I don't know if I'll make it through the end of the show although I would really like to see Train and Flo Rida.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2011
Latest post:  May 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (854)