5.0 out of 5 stars STURDY !!! but requires you to put it together
I really enjoy having this desk for my computer as it keeps it off the ground and keeps it just close enough for comfort and far enough to not be heard so well. Then again my computer is in an Antec P180 case which is made for cooling and silence.
Published on October 27, 2007 by Bera

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk in a crushed box
Published 21 months ago by jackson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars STURDY !!! but requires you to put it together, October 27, 2007
Anyways this i have moved over three time with this desk and it still is as sturdy as the day i built it. just used the included tools and products to do it to. The mesh metal in the back allowed me to Zip tie the wires down making everything look every neat and organised.
My desk besides having a HEAVY 22" monitor on top and a well over 40 pound computer case on the side this thing is still hold together well.

PROS
- TOUGH enough to with stand lots of abuse (if needed)
- Is as pictured
- Lots of desk space but not to much or to little

CONS

- suface is not super smooth so you will want to buy a mouse pad if you don't have one already and thats about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 14, 2010
I have had this desk for 6 years now and other than the one leg having a little bend to it from surviving a 1500 mile move, it is still in excellent condition. The construction is solid and there are very few signs of wear and tear, what little there is I have done. The frame is well built and still sturdy, no chipping, peeling or other problems of any kind.

I originally bought it when I was in college, and it was great to study on and work on projects since the keyboard slides underneath the top part. It has a very spacious work top, and when up against a wall with a shelf overhead it helps makes an amazing work space. The shelf for the CPU tower can be mounted on the inside or outside of the leg, I had it inside for a while when I was in a smaller space and needed to be able to open my closet door! There was still plent of leg room under the desk even with the tower there.

It's just a great desk, will probably have it for another 6 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars great desk, January 9, 2009
This desk is really nice and so inexpensive for what you get. It's very sturdy with lots of space on the top .. i wish it had a drawer but for the price there is no reason to expect one . It has nice litte cubby to the side where things can be kept and a place for the computer so its raised up off the floor.. it's a really good computer desk

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk in a crushed box, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Altra 26696 Computer Desk, Oak on Black (Kitchen)
The Altra Computer Desk is attractive but is of extremely low quality and assembly a nightmare. It came in a box which appeared to have been poorly assembled and reflected a lack of protection for the contents of the bulk and weight included. The screws attaching the legs easily tear out of the fiberboard top which is very soft. The bolts holding the metal u-arm are too large for the holes in the u-arm. All of the bolts had very shallow Allen wrench drive tops which caused the little wrench to slip out and strip the hole because of the incredible torgue required to tighten the bolts and the small contact surface. The nuts which are supposed to fit on bolts holding the computer side arm brackets are far too small and both the bolts and nuts had to be replaced. The perforated metal support parts came bent and distorted. The rubber edging around the work top was coming off and permanently kinked from being crushed. The fiberboard channel had been crushed closed where the rubber edging was supposed to pressed into. I now understand why the product was offered at a discount. Stay away from this very poor product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracked., August 12, 2013
This review is from: Altra 26696 Computer Desk, Oak on Black (Kitchen)
Would have been perfect if it didn't come cracked. On of the corners was cracked and I didn't not feel like the hassle of shipping to get it replace. You get what you pay for though.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., December 17, 2010
Heather Shepherd (Central Point, or, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this desk after reading the other reviews, but it is NOT as sturdy as it was described. It wobbles from side to side with very little pressure, and I can't use the shelf for my computer tower because the desk can't handle the weight. I went over it again and tightened every screw and bolt but the whole thing is still really unsteady. My advice: Spend the extra money to get a good quality desk! I wish I had.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Items, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Altra 26696 Computer Desk, Oak on Black (Kitchen)
I received the product propped up against my house. When I moved it, packaging foam fell out of a sizable hole in the bottom of the box. The box itself was heavily damaged.

After unboxing the items, I found that about 60-70% of the pieces were in good condition, while the rest of them were not. I further found that two of the pieces were missing.

I will most likely return the item tomorrow.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product and shipment. Bad customer care, June 19, 2011
This review is from: Altra 26696 Computer Desk, Oak on Black (Kitchen)
After receiving the package from UPS, I found it was not packed very good. One side of this package was damaged. After opening it I found all the foams were broken. The main top board of the table was also cracked on right side and 5 screw were missing. For screws I can not put the keyboard stand. I am totally disappointed.

I have called several time to Ameriwood customer care, but can not reached to them.

1.0 out of 5 stars HUGE, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Altra 26696 Computer Desk, Oak on Black (Kitchen)
this desk is quite large. the packaging was a pain as was assembly. the little corner shelf at the top is just pointless because its so small you couldn't possibly fit anything on there. I ended up taking it apart the next morning, because It just looked ODD in my sons bedroom. I exchanged it for another desk by techni mobli (upright MDF desk) which I absolutely love!! and It was cheaper, better quality and arrived the next day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great low cost option, October 10, 2011
We were looking for 2 desk to go in our extra bedroom converted to now home office. This product fit the bill perfectly. Low cost, solid build, and not a bad looker. It has plenty of work surface to spread out and not feel cramped. I dont think you will go wrong with this one, if you dont want to break the bank.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›