4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill for a 47 TV, sturdy, looks good,fast ship
Published 18 months ago by drdev

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute worst company and worst customer service!!!
Published 5 months ago by Linda

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill for a 47 TV, sturdy, looks good,fast ship, February 28, 2013
This was purchased via Amazon prime. Got it in a day. Took 1 1/2 hours to assemble. I wish i had someone to help out. It would have been a lot faster. Looked neat and is sturdy to hold my 47 LG TV and all my AV components. Tricky doors like previous reviews commented. Definitely not your 300+ $ TV stands. As you build it, you will notice its materials are worth what you paid for, particle board and some thin laminates. But a neat and clean look for a budget conscious customer like me. I must say the design was good and construction manual was great. 10 clear cut steps and you are done. You will need a Philips type screw driver. All other hardware is supplied. Can't beat 4$ Amazon prime overnight shipping. Faster and easier than picking up something from 30 mile away Ikea. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute worst company and worst customer service!!!, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Altra Furniture Carson 48-Inch TV Stand, Espresso (Misc.)
While assembling this stand, I noticed that they put a piece in that is exactly the same as another. There should have been a left and a right but I got two left no right. Normally, I would somehow make do by modifying the piece in order to avoid having to disassemble the entire thing and return it. However, you cannot do that with this stand because the holes do not align correctly for the screws. Anyways, I went to the vendor's website to request a replacement part since that is what is says in the instructions. Placed an order to have the replacement part shipped out. According to their website, this vendor stated that it normally takes 7 days for a part to ship out but to give it up to 14 days. It has been a MONTH so far since I put in my request. Two phone calls later to customer service I still have no replacement part. The first phone call I was told that I would receive a phone call from customer service after they receive info from the warehouse. Never got that call and that was 2 weeks ago. Called again and got the same info as last time. They still show the part out of stock and have no clue when it will ship since the part is coming from overseas. Seriously?! It's been a MONTH! I was also told that they would have to email the warehouse and not call because apparently this warehouse has no phone number. What???!!! How does a warehouse not have a phone?? All I want is my part which is why I haven't disassembled it to return it. Judging by the pic and the pieces still sitting on my bedroom floor, it looks like it would be beautiful. In conclusion, this company's customer service sucks!

05-19-2014 UPDATE Just a follow up to this part that I have been waiting on, I finally received the part that I thought would be the correct piece after waiting for 3 months. But when I finally opened the package, it was the exact same part as the one that was wrong to begin with. It was labeled incorrectly as was the part in my box. If you could just imagine the anger that I felt when I saw what part I received. How is it that someone cannot realize that there is a left and a right? I was anticipating completing the assembly but now I just give up. I'm going to have to modify the piece that I have so that I do not have to deal with customer service from this company ever again. I just don't understand how one company could be this awful. My recommendation to anyone contemplating purchasing this is NOT to. Worst mistake I ever made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instructions are more than clear and it seems rather sturdy. Price wise it's solid and looks beautiful, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Altra Furniture Carson 48-Inch TV Stand, Espresso (Misc.)
My roommate ordered this through my account. We got it set up in about 20 minutes. Instructions are more than clear and it seems rather sturdy. Price wise it's solid and looks beautiful. There are several complaints I've seen in the reviews, and most of them are avoided with common sense. Do not drag this stand, or anything that has legs on a floor that grips, especially carpet. Obviously you're putting pressure on something in a way it's not supposed to feel pressure. Secondly, all the victims of the "2 left or right doors".. You almost tricked me. For a second I was scared that I was a victim too because they were exactly the same, but then I had this epiphany to like, flip and invert the door and what do you know, it fit flawlessly.

Tired of incompetency scaring me away from great products on Amazon.. I run into this problem a lot. For the price, it's a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., May 24, 2013
James Hepsen "usmcarmy" (SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA, US) - See all my reviews
This TV stand looks great. Very easy to put together. It takes 20-30 minutes. It is very sturdy and can handle a 60" TV.
ou will be very happy with this purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price I got it for..., November 21, 2013
Ordered Friday, received Wednesday, not bad but free 2 day shipping must mean when we can...

This is all MDF with veneered faces, but that's what I expected for $70. Looks good, feels...slightly less than solid, but I don't plan on moving it much now that its all set up, and it holds all my gear nicely. Assembly was easy, although, I suggest screwing your door hinges to the outer walls before you attach the outer walls to the base pieces. The directions don't have you putting on the hinges until everything else is assembled, however, by this point you can't get your drill at the screws and have to hand screw 4 screws per hinge, 2 hinges per side, into barely pre-drilled holes. Not difficult, just a pain in the rear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV stand, June 10, 2014
Jack Galloway (Union Gap, WA USA) - See all my reviews
It's interesting that this is listed as a 48" TV stand. Of course that is the stand width, this doesn't mean it will hold or contain only up to a 48" TV. I have a 55" Samsung on this stand and it is perfect. It is a very sturdy and good looking piece of furniture. Easy to assemble and the directions are fairly understandable. I would buy this again if needed. Oh, Amazon has a better price than Walmart not to mention prime shipment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better price at walmart, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Altra Furniture Carson 48-Inch TV Stand, Espresso (Misc.)
I am pissed off at myself for not checking walmart (online) before buying it from amazon :(

The tv stand looks nice and is sturdy enough. Be careful with the legs though. They can break off easily. Make sure to lift the whole thing before moving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and looks beautiful, August 14, 2014
Very sturdy and looks beautiful. Took one handy person half an hour to put together...if you're not, maybe an hour. The only issue I have is if you put the dividers in where the doors are, you can fit bluray dvds vertical either on top of the shelf or below the shelf only, not top and bottom. Pretty much had to put some vertically on the bottom since we gave the bottom more space, and the top portion has one horizontal pile of blurays. When they are vertical, you can fit 19, horizontally fits 8. In the area where they are vertical, I can also store some blurays in a horizontal pile up to 14, but they block the vertical ones. Add that up and that's how many blurays you can fit behind one of those doors. Hope this helps someone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Assembly, February 26, 2013
Took maybe an hour to put together & looks really good in our bedroom. I would recommend it if you're on a budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid TV stand that looks nice and functions for a good price, July 28, 2014
R. Hallquist (New Holland, PA) - See all my reviews
Purpose
I bought this TV stand for a 42" TV in my child's video game room. The TV is light and only a couple of components need to be inside the stand. The XBOX ONE sits nicely in the large area just under the top. Putting it here will give it plenty of air circulation. It is exactly what I needed and more than I expected.

Packaging
The product came in one box. The same box as you would get at the store I'm assuming. Everything was well packaged with styrofoam, corner braces, and protective plastic. Nothing was damaged.

Setup
If you've ever put together furniture from directions before, you will have no problems putting this together. The instructions state that 2 people should assemble the unit, but I had no problems putting this together myself (although you may need more than one person to carry the unassembled package to your assembly area. If you follow the instructions and keep it on it's side as you build, you will be fine. The instructions stated that it would take 30 minutes to assemble, but it took me 1.5 hours. This may be because I checked all the contents before putting it together, went through the instructions first without assembling, removed the stickers as I went, and always double checked everything. Everything had an identification sticker on it (A, B, C, etc), not necessary and a pain to remove from 6 of the same braces, etc., but some may find it helpful. Most cheaper self-assemble furniture have a cardboard backing that you hammer in, this one contains a piece of wood (1/8 inch) that makes it a little nicer and more sturdy. A little hint, when assembling the hinges, screw the hinges to the cabinet (loosely) and then to the door. Then tighten everything up and adjust. Made it easier for me at least, you might know a better way.

Pros: Easy assembly, solid construction, nice packaging, price
Cons: Only provides stickers to cover up cam holes. Hinges were a little tricky.

Altra Furniture Carson 48-Inch TV Stand, Espresso