5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Trail Shoes
Published 8 months ago by SEAsia Hand

1.0 out of 5 stars Not this model, especially not from This seller
I bought this shoes in order to train trail running, before a big race I have. After no more than 6 times wearing it, it began to tear at the upside near the laces holes.
I contacted "Elite sport"- the place wear I bought it through Amazon, they respond-"That looks like normal wear and tear for shoes".

I have never had shoes that showed...
Published 3 months ago by Tamir Bakal

1.0 out of 5 stars Not this model, especially not from This seller, September 23, 2014

I have never had shoes that showed signs of tears after 6 times using them.

One big disappointment from the seller and the shoe!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Trail Shoes, April 1, 2014
These have to be some of the best trail shoes I've ever worn. They are relatively light, yet have excellent support to help tackle rocks, puddles, and any other obstacles. I put these shoes to the test on the Appalachian Trail in cold and muddy conditions on a 4 hour trip of running/hiking. One of the greatest parts of these shoes is the drainage in the shoes. I went through several puddles of very cold water and the water was out of the bottom of the shoes in seconds. I would highly recommend these shoes and would also tell buyers that the break in period for barefoot running is real. Don't try to push it too hard too early as the pressure on the calves and feet are intense.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as the previous version, June 7, 2014
This review is from: Altra Men's Superior 1.5 Trail Running Shoe (Shoes)
I have used Altras for years and love them. I decided to try the 1.5s and bought the same shoe size as my old pair. They fit really tight. So tight that the stitching on the inside digs into my big toe.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but...., November 12, 2014
I am usually a 10.5 but went up to an 11 in this and it fit great..very comfortable shoe, kinda shocked how bad they did with small pointy rocks, gravel etc. Rock plate my you know what! I even checked and it is there but not very effective, my soft / light road racing flats protect me more on that trail. I want to give them 4 stars but between the lack of protection and the quality inconsistency issues mentioned below with the 2nd and 3rd pairs figured I would go with 3 stars

I have run in these twice now, first time really enjoyed them, the second time on a different trail I got punished by the small rocks/gravel. What I have been doing is putting these on after running in other shoes and my feet love it! Great after run recovery shoe! I also have been wearing them around town some, very comfy as a casual shoe. I trail run 90% of the time would love to try this for hiking, think they might be good for hiking. I have not tried road running with them yet.

I have been having issues with Altra and quality control/sizing etc..I know its a new company and I like what they are doing but every shoe and style (Lone Peak 2.0, The One, The One2 and the Superior 1.5) I have tried has had an issue and or been a different size 10.5 to 11.5. This first pair of Superior 1.5 were good except for the super long laces and weak rock protection (and I usually like ground feel and prefer no rock plate). Anyway I liked these enough I wanted to get another pair when they went on sale on Amazon. The first pair had a defect under laces/tongue area where the foot meets the toes....Had too much material or something creating a hot spot and a weird crease/buckle, I got replacements and same issue but only on left foot, however laces were shorter lol. FYI I got the first pair at a another online store. So maybe a different batch?

I have decided to wait until the Superior 2.0 comes out, sounds like from what I read it will have some more cushioning. I just hope it is not too mushy and squishy like the Lone Peak 2.0 and the new One2. I prefer a responsive firmer shoe but still soft and flexible).

Back to this shoe, I like the wide toe box, I have the red/black/yellow color and it looks fine, very comfy upper (the first pair only) Good lacing system, They are a kinda deceptively heavy. I would never use them when I want to go for speed but for a easy run on a soft trail, good shoe and again great for recovery after a long run.

I do not think I have found my go to shoe yet with Altra, but think I could one day. I do wish they would have a middle ground shoe that is not too mushy/cushy. I remember trying on the Provision at a store and thought it might hit that sweet spot but I need a neutral shoe and it was a stability shoe so it was out...from what I have read they have upset some earlier fans as well with the new mushy shoes. So hopefully they will have something soon but I am a fan of the soft upper and wide toe box. I do a notice a difference with the zero drop. I am not part of the drop police but I have never liked built up heels even before I knew what drop was. Always gravitated towards more level shoes, hate arch support, heel cups etc. I have noticed my legs feel better after a run in lower drop shoes, my legs are not as tight and sore after running.

FYI Smaller guy 5-9 150 with neutral foot, high arches, mid foot/fore foot striker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Open toe box lovers, December 6, 2014
First off, if you are expecting your regular running shoe, NO! These are open toe box meaning they allow the ball of your foot to spread naturally. Now, ALL other shoes constrict this area so your muscles and ligaments in the area are atrophied. You need to realize that there will most likely be an adjustment period to open toe box/barefoot shoes.
Most likely you will also notice that your stride needs to be adjusted somewhat as well. Zero drop means that the usual massive amounts of cushioning allowing you to land on your heel without pain/damage is not there. You will need to land more mid-foot than you may be used to.
That being said, these are great. Improvements have been made to the outer shell of the shoe making it more of a trail shoe (previous version ripped at the mere sight of a plant/branch). Great grip and comfort. I am a bit heavier and have a shorter stride, but I love these shoes. Highly recommend with the above caveats in mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, May 1, 2014
Had the superior. Ordered it again and the 1.5. So far so good. This version seems to have a bit more cushion and is overall more shoe. Thinking they will be good for longer runs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs like a champ!, May 1, 2014
Great traction, fits right, and drains like a breeze. The wide toe box helps my feet on longer runs. I love Altra, get a pair ASAP

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit was much too wide for me., December 16, 2014
My wife switched to the Altra brand and loves them. Even though I have taken to wearing Saucony Virrata zero drop shoes and like them a lot, I thought I would give these a try. The toe box on these had well over an inch of unused space across the width on my foot. These were not even close to fitting me so I sent them back and will happily stay with my Saucony Virrata. Based on my wife's rave reviews these may be great for people with very wide feet, but otherwise you probably should steer clear. I could not find a narrower version of this shoe on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoe, October 7, 2014
This is my fifth pair of Altra's, and my favorite so far. They are like Birkenstock sandals but for running. I love the low ride, and the wide toe box. It's like running barefoot, but with protection. These have better stone protection than the road shoes. The longer I've run this way the more I want all my shoes to work like this. Golf, hiking, running and casual; everything needs to be zero drop to keep those Achilles and calf injuries at bay. I'm a believer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure to get a size bigger than normal., September 11, 2014
Seemed to be great shoes however they run small so I had to return them.