5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect add-on
This eye cup is the perfect addition to my Canon T3i. It keeps my cheek from hitting the LED display and helps to avoid getting facial oils on the screen. It also stops stray light from entering my eye when using the viewfinder, making it much easier to focus on my subject.
Published on December 13, 2011 by jdm

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't Stay On
Published 23 months ago by Tourman

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect add-on, December 13, 2011
This review is from: Altura Photo Rubber Eyepiece Eyecup for CANON Rebel T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XTi XSi XS SL1, CANON EOS 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 300D 100D + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars its a must have for those who rather use the viewfinder, December 7, 2011
I've noticed that using the LCD screen on my Canon T3i takes pictures slower than just using the view finder. The original rubber piece on the viewer finder was just too small and too close to the camera, so your nose would touch the LCD screen and it would leave a nose/face print on it, plus it was hard to focus on the image through the view finder, so i saw this eye cup and i was sold. I wasnt expecting much; but i got it, i was amazed, it was exactly what i needed. the big rubber part moves so you can switch it from one eye to the other and it extends from the camera so you have more room for your face/nose without touching the camera. I highly recommend it and this company (Goja). It arrived quicker than expected, packaged right, and exactly what i saw online. Now i'm looking to get 58mm filters for my canon and i saw Goja has them, so i hope to get the same quality of product and service from them again, thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubber Eyepiece Eyecup for CANON Rebel (XT, XTi, XSi T1i, T2i, T3i), CANON EOS (550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D), November 21, 2011
Good item for keeping out that unwanted light when looking through a viewfinder.It is especially a good for those people who have to wear prescription eyeglasses.

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't Stay On, August 15, 2012
This is the second one of these eyecups I have ordered. The first one was lost very shortly after I got it, and I lost this second one twice in one day but fortunately was able to find it both times. I have since, literally, glued it to my camera (Canon EOS 500D). It hasn't come off again since, but I am also being very careful with it. The eyecup is a great price, but it needs to be able to clip into place. I'm sorry to say that I would not buy another one of these. Spend more money and get a OEM version if available.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blocks part of the viewfinder, September 5, 2012
This eyecup does a great job being comfortable and keeping light out on my Rebel T2i.

However, it also prevents me from seeing the entire viewfinder as the tube is too long. If I shift my eye up, down, and to the sides, I can see every edge of the viewfinder individually, but I can't see the entire viewfinder at once. Since the T2i already lacks 100% frame coverage on its viewfinder, obscuring the edges even more results in even less frame visibility from the viewfinder.

Edit: This fits and works fine on my 6D, which was surprising to me. It still blocks a little bit of the viewfinder, but it's no worse (and maybe slightly better) than on the T2i.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT, February 18, 2012
The CANON EYECUP is of good quality and easily fits my Rebel T2i. It also works for vertical format shots and changing the position of the EYECUP is not necessary. I am having a little problem seeing a full image. Maybe this will work out as I get used to it.

There is a slight but real problem when shooting through the LCD Monitor. The EYECUP gets in the way and must be removed to get a full view of the LCD screen. This is not a serious problem for me. Most of my pictures are made through the Viewfinder. I rarely use the LCD Monitor to set-up a photograph. As for the Rebel T3i (which I don't own) this should be even less of a problem for the people who do.

Quality product. Reliable seller. Is the EYECUP for you? I hope my review helps you to know for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and price, December 2, 2011
Fits great and can be used for both vertical or horizontal shooting. Other brands are offering something similiar but for a whole lot more money.

2.0 out of 5 stars You lose space in Viewfinder, February 6, 2012
As the title says, you lose 10-15% top and bottom in your viewfinder after swapping with the stock.
The piece is straight forward, and was installed in seconds and properly pressed down.
Unless I got a defect, I am not certain anywhere here received the same aftermarket item I did.

There was clearly loss of valuable viewfinder space as if I was looking through letterbox format.

Removed, put the stock Canon back in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for T3i Owners! For those contemplating this or the Hoodman version, this is much cheaper!, February 16, 2012
Last year, I purchased the Hoodman Eyecup for my Canon T3i. I know many photographers who use Hoodman and it's a reputable name brand but it also cost $20. I've know of cheaper versions online but when I started seeing reviews on Amazon for this GOJA version (Note This is a JJC Eyecup using TPU rubber and this version is an EC-7/18mm Eye Cup for Canon), I had to check out for myself.

And I hope this review helps those who are trying to decide whether or not to go for this version or the Hoodman version. The Hoodman version is slightly thicker (for the rubber and the connection plate) and the connecting plate has a ridge lock right underneath. The GOJA version doesn't. But the biggest influence for many will be the price. GOJA is much cheaper at $7.99. Hoodman is $20.

Now here is the reason why I prefer the GOJA/JJC version.

1. PRICE
2. While the extra ridge lock on the Hoodman is nice, for anyone who owns a Canon T3i will probably want to flip the LCD viewer out, like most eyecups for the T3i, you're going to have to take off the eyecup, flip open the LCD and put it back in. Hoodman's are great if you own a camera with a stationary LCD screen on your DSLR. Because T3i owners who use the eyecup need to take it on and off, chances of losing it are great and thus, having to repurchase a $20 eyecup may be pricey to some. Otherwise, if you lose a $7.99 eyecup, you won't feel as bad.
3. Comfort - The rubber is comfortable and like the Hoodman's, you can easily rotate it if you want to use your left eye or right eye.

JUDGMENT CALL:

The Hoodman eyecups are great (granted you may want to do your research first before buying as you may buy the wrong version as many have done) but they are much more expensive. Eyecups tend to get lost if you tend to remove them often and for Canon T3i owners, you are going to have to remove it often if you plan to extend your LCD viewer.

With that being said, for a low price alternative that fits perfectly on a Canon T3i, snug and not loose when connected, easily rotatable and comfortable on the eyes and of course...THE MUCH LOWER PRICE...the GOJA/JJC eyecup works perfectly and just as good as my Hoodman! Oh, and you also get a free microfiber lens cleaning cloth as well!

Definitely recommended for Canon T3i owners! (and other cameras listed in the product description)

5.0 out of 5 stars In Focus, December 28, 2011
Permanent fixture on my camera. Blocks out any distracting light, keeps nose off LCD screen and is just simply comfortable. A must have item.

Rate and Discover Movies