The lens keeper works great! I have had it for several weeks now, and have had no problems with the adhesive working. I attached the elastic connection to my camera strap instead of the lens - for my camera, it works much better that way. The cleaning cloth is high quality and a good buy. Overall, very happy with purchase.
Published 17 months ago by sunshine

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, average quality product
OK so it is 3 for $5, would have definitely rated 4 except for the following. It is a WONDERFUL idea and I am not sure why camera/lens makers don't do this OEM.

Published 22 months ago by Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, average quality product, December 31, 2012
This review is from: 5 Pcs Altura Photo Lens Cap Keeper Holder + Premium MagicFiber Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)

(1) Right off the bat, the first lens cap keeper I tried to use snapped immediately. Had to fish out my nose pliers and do a little surgery to insert the elastic back in, then crimp the metal back together. Thankfully it is very cheap tin like material and easy to fix.

(2) The elastic is nice and tight, and works well. But the string that attaches to the lens cap is not long enough. If you have a telephoto lens, and a maybe a hood, then you can't extend it from the middle of the lens, and *around* the hood. You have to put in the lens cap, then the hood. This means you have you remove the hood to get the cap off. If you are in a hurry to grab THAT amazing moment, then good luck.

(I am sorry Mr. Walter @ DigitalGoja, the best way to give feedback is openly, and I would rather not email you directly. Feel free to respond to this review, and we can converse here. I will upload a couple photos later, and maybe you can defend the product, possibly I used it incorrectly).

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Pcs Lens Cap Keeper + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, May 22, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty simple and handy device, September 3, 2012
B Hunter (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
I had ordered one of these several months back in a larger purchase to see what they are about. I found myself moving the lens cap with the "cap keeper" on it to whichever of my 3 lenses was on the my
5100.
Initially I was skeptical of the staying power of the sticky tab but so far it has held the cap without issue. Recently I decided to order this 10-pack; the first has lasted 4 months without incident but at this price it is worth keeping some around even if they eventually lose their tack (no sign of that with the original). I've added them to all my lenses as well both caps of my spotting scope in the meantime.

Goja shipped immediately and I received the keepers before the other items in the order (from other vendors)even shipped. I honestly didn't notice the microfiber lens cleaning cloths when I ordered so they were a pleasant surprise when they arrived. If the 4 months trial was up to 12 months now I'd have given 5 stars, but as it is I will rate 4 and wait and see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens Cap Keeper, February 1, 2013
dg1943 (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
I've used lens cap keepers for years. These seem to be well made. The elastic strap seems like it will be quite durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product (s) for the price!, July 2, 2013
Ann.ds (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered these lens cap keepers. They're amazing. I can either attach it to the strap of my camera (if using a single lens) or attach the elastic band around the lens' circumference if I need to keep changing lens. It works great, and the microfiber cleaning cloth is a great bonus too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functions well, inobtrusive looks, March 25, 2014
These seem to function as designed. I had a 20 year old set of similar keepers and needed a new set for my new camera system after getting sick of searching for lens caps. I had two concerns when buying these that turned out not to be issues. First, my Nikon lens caps don't have any appreciable area of flat real estate. While the adhesive tabs on these keepers do extend slightly beyond the flattest portion of the lens caps, their foam also seems to be soft enough to follow for the concave surface of the lens cap. Second, the picture makes it look like the side of the tab that adheres to the lens cap could have some white surfaces, which might be aesthetically concerning--never fear, the white seen in the picture is just the backing to the adhesive, and the only color you'll see stuck to your lens cap is black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens Holder, May 29, 2014
L. Wilson (East Tennessee) - See all my reviews
You would think a high end camera like Canon would come with a lens holder.
It doesn't, this solves the problem.
As long as the adhesive holds, and it has so far, (the Canon lens cover is not flat).
It has to be offset on the Canon Cover because of the raised lettering.
Also be aware with long telephoto lens the string may be too short.
It worked OK for me with a Canon EF-S 55-250mm Telephoto Zoom Lens, as well as the regular 55mm.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good value., May 20, 2013
I bought these to use on three sizes of Canon lenses, and they fit easily on all of them. The construction is fine, and I like the bigger than normal sized sticky button. More sticky area for a better hold so I don't lose my lens caps. It's a very good value for the price, and I will order more. I received them very quickly too, so that was an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intuitive design - Fully functional - great price!, May 20, 2013
Despite my pessimism, i purchased these lens cap holders for a few bucks on amazon.... was just a few bucks and came with free shipping anyways...

Got it in mail after 2-3 days (surprise) ... put in on and... so far it's been doing what was expected of it...

(Have had them for couple of weeks now and still very satisfied :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Throwaways, May 22, 2013
Tom Orsi "TAO" (Morrow, Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
I had high hopes for these, because my SONY lens caps don't have holes to accept a string to act as a keeper. I read a warning review that said that the keeper detached fairly quickly, but I guessed that it might have been a rare situation, and the price made it worth taking the risk. I attached one to my lens cap, and by the next morning it had become detached. The failure wasn't with the adhesive attached to the lens cap. That's still holding. The bond that failed was the one connecting the adhesive pad to the disk on the keeper. Now I have a double sided adhesive pad (but nothing else) attached to my lens cap. Don't waste even a small amount on this!

UPDATE--I was able to salvage something out of this by removing the string from the button. It was easy to do because the adhesive pad was already off. I untied the knot in the string and removed the button. Then I drilled a small hole (1/16 will do)in my lens cap, making sure that it didn't interfere with the moving pieces inside the cap. I ran the string through the hole and knotted it. Of course, I could have accomplished the same result by using strong thread and a rubber band to go around the lens, but this looks better.