4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all bad! UPDATE
Published 23 months ago by Marshal Shlafer

Published 18 months ago by R. Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all bad! UPDATE, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Altura Photo Professional Rain Cover Camera Protector for Large DSLR Cameras (CANON REBEL EOS T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i SL1 XT XTi 70D 60D 7D 6D 5D Mark III, NIKON D7100 D7000 D5300 D5200 D5100 D5000 D3300 D3200 D3100 D3000 D90 D80) + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Camera)
The product does what it's supposed to do, and for a reasonable cost. Only one quibble, and since there aren't any reasonable alternatives, it's hard to fault the manufacturer: The "window" through which you look to see your camera controls is made of a vinyl, typically called Eisenglass by boaters (since the material is widely used in windows in boat canvas items). It's prone to drying out, becoming cloudy and/or scratched, cracking (especially in cold weather), and developing more or less permanent creases when folded for too long. So my advice is to make sure the item is folded/stored in such a way that the window is as flat as possible, and keep it from drying out as much as possible. (Relatively inexpensive commercial products for this, including polishes and cleaners, are available from many boating supply stores.)

UPDATE: As I starting using this, and as I believe one reviewer noted, the end of one of the cords used to secure the device around the arms or the camera lens untied, and the round metal retaining ball on the end fell off. It was a relatively simple fix, but somewhat annoying nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product/value, March 4, 2013
I'm a commercial photographer who has to shoot in rain/snow just a few times a year. In the past I've improvised protection for my camera/lens by using an old wp nylon rain shell draped over my tripod-mounted camera, and it has "worked" (no damage, got the shots). But managing the jacket while shooting has always been a pain, and not all that responsible a way to treat ~$5k of equipment, even though it's weather sealed (Nikon D800 with f/2.8 24-70mm lens). So I finally decided to invest in a real rain cover. I was amazed to find such a wide range of prices, especially given the apparent similarity of design. This one looked about as good as others costing over $100, so I figured I'd give it a try. I am not disappointed. I've shot in two snowy/sleety sessions with it and have been very pleased. It's easy to manage/use, keeps out the rain and snow perfectly while allowing easy access and ventilation for the camera, and seems to be well made. I don't see any reason to spend more.

I also got a 2-pack of the OP/Tech 18" rainsleeves for $6. For $3 each, they are not a bad "emergency" solution. But it seems like they would be very easy to puncture and might steam up. I also find the inside diameter a bit snug on my camera, and that the lens opening end did not grip my lens hood well. I had to loop the drawstring over the side petals of the hood, and was worried about the extra plastic entering the field of view. I am much happier with the $20 cover here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, August 27, 2012
I just got this one and it works great. The product quality is very good, no crappy plastic at all! Zippers are working smoothly! Tested on 5D MK-II with 24-105L and 100mm L Macro both working great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value in Rain Cover Protection for DSLR Cameras. PERIOD!, September 21, 2013
riovalley (Charlottesville, VA) - See all my reviews
I thought I would follow up on my recent purchase of a Digital Goja rain cover in case anyone was looking for one.

I purchased the "Professional Rain Cover Camera Protector for Large DSLR Cameras" by Digital Goja on Amazon. I paid USD $14.99 (free shipping w/Prime membership).
B004AH10K8

I worked the UVA-VMI football game today and it rained all day long. I gotta tell ya, this thing worked better than I expected. It actually kept my camera and lens dry. Okay, I expected it to keep my camera dry, however I was not expecting it be so easy to use. I've heard stories about seams not being sealed and fogging up where you couldn't see into the viewfinder or LCD.

I was shooting with my a900 w/VG and the 70-200G lens. The rain cover fit nicely around the lens and extended just past the point where the hood connects to the end of the lens. There is a cinch string with lock to hold the cover in place. The portion that covers the camera has a thick, large, clear window to allow the user to see all of the controls, including the VG controls. The sweating caused by the humidity was very minimal due to the zippered opening at the bottom. I left it open to allow air to flow in. Manipulating the lens was no problem as there was plenty of room to do so. Looking through the thick plastic was not a problem either. I did have to make sure that it was flat because at one point it had a point to it and poked me in the eye. Other than that I was fine. I also used a Carry Speed Uni-Strap/Hand Strap. It was the perfect length to allow my hand to get outside of the rain cover if needed.

If I were to rate the Professional Rain Cover Camera Protector for Large DSLR Cameras by Digital Goja, I would give it 4.5 stars. I knocked half a star for the lack of zipper pulls. They would come in handy as the zippers will open with some stretching. Mind you this is not a bad thing as it does allow air flow, however I found myself once or twice pulling the zippers with my teeth to close the rain cover when it was raining really heavy...not that it really needed to be fully zipped.

I hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Water resistant, difficult to see, protects well, fit doesnt stay, May 13, 2013
R. Ray (Playa Del Rey, CA) - See all my reviews
Now you see from the title why it was a 3 star. Middle of the pack. The material is pretty resistant, and since it has a dual zipper close at the bottom can fit around a tripod or camera strap, etc.(my shoulder harnes clips to the camera at the bottom as well) The material is pretty rough and not very easily applied... the velcro does not stay on the lens hood all the time. But, it protects the camera well. (or has in the very light rain I have been in) Major issue is the clear plastic back screen... it is very difficult to see your focus and after pictures, so it almost feels as if you are shooting blind. Not sure how to make it better, but something better needs to exist. Functional, but difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rain and Snow, March 26, 2013
MNDoc (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I bought this Rain Cover to use with my Canon 50D with 18-200mm zoom lens. The camera fits easily into the cover, and there is plenty of room to zoom in and out. So far I have tried this in drizzle, but not heavy rain, and in the snow. The cover has performed well, and is easy to use while hand holding the camera. The clear view window makes it easy to see the controls To protect from scratches it is kept folded and wrapped in a soft cloth.. This cover is priced right. I didn't want a throw away but also thought that the ultra expensive covers were out of my price range. Prompt delivery with a personal follow up note from the company. What more could you want for those drizzly or snowy days when you want to get out and shoot?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Larger DSLR great!, February 20, 2013
Bought this on a whim based on other reviews. Without a doubt this has already saved my camera. This fits a 5DII rather well. Have used it in rain and more importantly in a sand shower. Went to Antelope canyon in AZ and sand literally showers on you. Watched every other camera stop working around me but this dust cover saved me. It takes a bit to get used to so play with it before you need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rain Cover works well., February 22, 2013
After reading many of the reviews on this as to quality etc. I would have to agree. For the money this is an excellent value. Fits over the camera and is designed to be easy to use. I don't shoot in the rain a lot but, sometimes at an event you may get caught in it and want to protect your equipment. I feel this will do the job and is much less expensive then many of the others advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera rain cover., July 8, 2013
Robert M. Dunhour (San Jose, Ca. United States) - See all my reviews
Seller fulfill their end of the purchase and I would purchase from them again. Now if I can figure how to use it! I was surfing the net for camera filters when I came upon this cover to protect cameras from rain. I thought "how many times I hid my camera under a coat ,plastic sheet or baseball cap." Why not give this a try. The price was good enough that I would not go broke if it was useless. To my surprise the item turns out to be of good quality and for a fair price to experiment with. The picture does not show that the top is of clear plastic so you can view the camera's functions. So in my opinion: rapid turn-around / fair price / and reasonable quality makes this a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product bargain price, November 12, 2012
I ordered this product for my son's new Canon camera and was very happy when it arrived.. The product is made of high quality materials. The price is a bargain as well. The shipping was amazingly fast. I am very satisfied with this product and would highly recomment it to others wanting to purchase this product.