Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 21, 2013
Arrived on time, in a very nice carrying case which is small enough to fit in my camera bag, especially great for amateur photographers if you want to try neutral density these are great filters for beginners but i hardly noticed any difference between these and some of the top filters you can buy. I would definitely recommend these to my friends and first time photographers alike.
review image review image
11 comment|156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
Excellent quality filters at a great price. The ND8 provides 3 f-stop reduction, ND4 provides 2 f-stop reduction, and the ND2 provides 1 f-stop reduction. You can stack these filters for a total of 6 f-stop reduction. I have done that to shoot video at f/1.8 with 1/60 shutter outdoors on a sunny day. These filters allowed me to get the shallow DoF I was going for.
33 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2013
I just want to say that this product is amazing!
I am a professional Seascape and landscape photographer from San Diego CA i use multiple ND filters in the pass and when i first got this i was impressed by the quality, they are built really good and what's more amazing is that this filters are double threaded so you can use all three if you want and will cause very little vinieta their is no ghosting and lens flare is reduced to very little to none at all.
I have also used it for video and it is very well does not affect the video it adds like a nice smooth contrast. I recommend this to anyone that is trying to better himself in the landscape and seascape photography area. And for the price its a must not miss deal.
-Vic from Vic Photoz Photography
review image
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I recently shot a video for a non-profit using these filters. I thought they would just work with out issues, however I was wrong. The filters were not made without imperfection as the image started to diffuse when I stacked the NDs on. Also at high zoom levels the imperfections are magnified. This completely ruined a few of my shots. However thankfully, there was enough coverage that I think we will be alright. Also if you have a nicer lens (say a Canon L series), do yourself a favor and get yourself nicer ND filters. That being said, on wider angles and with only one filter on, these will do the job for most purposes.

In all the lessons I learned.
- Don't stack cheap filters, as it will dirty the image
- Don't use cheap filters on high zooms. (>100mm would be my call)
- Don't use with really sharp lenses.
11 comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
I am an aspiring cinematographer, but I am also not the richest or most famous yet. Currently I own some lighting equipment and the camera I use is a Canon T3i for shooting video. Not having the money or access to lighting equipment, natural light can definitely be your friend. However, there are times you want to have a properly lit shot but want to keep a really nice shallow depth of field. These babies can definitely help with that.

The package comes with the 3 filters each cutting down a stop more than the last, so depending on how bright it is and how shallow you want it you can stay at a lower F-stop and still manage to have a beautiful looking shot. These are really an essential tool for anyone using a dslr camera with this size lenses, and for the price at 15 dollars they are a steal. Some places sell theres for 4 times the amount for only one filter not three. Add in the nice little carrying pouch it comes with and you can have it ready in your camera bag at all times.

I uses them for video, but have also shot some pictures for them and it works great as well. Just in case you do not know all these filters do is bring down the brightness or intensity of light in your shot, so it should never affect the color or other element of the shot. Highly recommended for the amateur cinematographer or photographer, or anyone who just want a cheap solution to solving a light problem.
on April 30, 2014
I bought this product with a low expectation. I just wanted to see how ND filters could assist me with my photos. It turned out that they work very well for my needs. I have a Nikon D3200 with a Sigma 18-200mm f/3.0 lens (it's cheap too lol). The one thing that could be considered a con for me is that you can see the frame a little bit if you have all 3 stacked and are shooting at around 18mm, but a simple small crop takes care if it.
on May 12, 2013
Neutral density filters work really well for additional control with ISO/shutter speed/Fstop combinations for difficult lighting situations. This 3-filter set is perfect for my semi-pro needs. As with any filter, air to glass surfaces add distortion, although I haven't seen any problems in my images with these. These are good quality for the price.

I would recommend these to any photographer serious enough to want to add ND filters to their camera bag.
on October 8, 2012
These filters work incredibly well with my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens and allow me to obtain shallow depth of field even in harsh light. You can't beat the price for three ND filters and a sturdy little carrying case. Definitely a worthy purchase.
on September 11, 2015
Pros: Amazon's return policy
Cons: They're plastic
They change the color cast of your image, worse if you stack them
They make it, literally, impossible to get a sharp image. Worse if you stack them.

I really and truly wanted these to be adequate. -- But they are absolutely unusable.
I have a Canon 5D3 and L glass, I was willing to let go of a little sharpness since the filters were so inexpensive. But with 1 filter on, my images were so blurry that I wouldn't dare post them on Facebook, much less print one.

My exact setup was Canon 5D3, 70-200 2.8L at 200 mm. I was on a tripod and used a remote shutter release and had mirror lock up enabled.

Please look at the images I've attached to see what I got. These are 1:1 crops.

Also, yes, they are made of plastic. Which the product description doesn't mention anywhere. I call that lying by omission. But I am also not surprised because of the cost. Still, after 15 test shots, they were packed up and returned to Amazon.
on February 14, 2015
I may have got a bad set, but I bought these to do long exposure, using these filters my images were blurry, stacking them was even worse for image quality, I was using a Nikon D4 with a Sigma 50mm Art lens & a Tamron 70-200 Di VC