It was how I expected - thanks; it will work for the project that I am working on so I cannot complain
Published on November 18, 2012 by Frances Moody

2.0 out of 5 stars Not true to listed size
Published on November 16, 2010 by subee

2.0 out of 5 stars Not true to listed size, November 16, 2010
Although shown as 0.1875, the material was actually 0.193 on one angle and 0.194 on the other. The 3' bars were slightly bent upon arrival. All in all, we were able to use the material, but had to do some considerable reworking. I tried to find a way to contact seller via the Amazon site, prior to writing this review, but found NOTHING that gave contact info or a link to seller. Material is otherwise fine, as long as precision sizing is not required.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality Material, Worse Quality Customer Service, October 27, 2013
This material is of the lowest quality, and dimensionally unreliable. I saw dims as low as .177, and high as .196. All of it arrived warped- completely unusable for me, if you have very short parts with wide open tolerances it might be fine. Had it really been what it claimed to be, it would have saved me so much time and labor.
Tried in vain to contact vendor prior to purchase, given the fairly exhaustive description about temper, quality specs, (T6511 Temper, AMS QQ-A-200/8/ASTM B221) I felt the vendor must certainly have Material Test Reports (MTR's) so I placed an order for 108 feet (18x 72" sticks), and requested MTR's and CofC's with my order. I was finally able to locate contact info, but my emails and requests for paperwork were completely ignored- to date I've not been contacted by the seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aluminum 6061-T6511 Square Bar, AMS QQ-A-200/8, ASTM B221, 7/8" Thick, 7/8" Width, 36" Length, November 18, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, June 7, 2014
As advertised, It's the size shape an finish I was expecting, it came as promised . Glad to have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as described ..., May 17, 2014
Dimensions were accurate (1/2" x 1/8" x 72"); delivered in a mailing tube that protects very well.

Finish is unpolished (as is noted), so if you are concerned about looks (as I was) you must use fine sandpaper or equivalent. In my case, I then spray painted it with a high gloss enamel (Rustoleum) which worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aluminum bar, January 8, 2014
Got this because I I am build my own LED light bar and the specs were an exact fit to what I needed. This fit perfectly and I will be ordering more as I make more light bars!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep, that's what it is!, August 29, 2012
MT Vessel (Oakhurst, CA USA) - See all my reviews
As advertised, that is a big ol' bar of aluminum! If that's what you're looking for, I'm not sure how you could go wrong here - it arrived in an incredibly strong shipping tube that looks like it'll be harder to cut up than the bar itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, October 23, 2011
Exactly what one expects if they are familiar with metal.
- Correct dimensions
- Not stamped with type, but definitely 6061 (extremely easy to machine)