4.0 out of 5 stars alum wallet
Indestructible? No. Just having it in my pocket with other hard objects and it has dents. I like it but it is not tough enough to hold up to an active life style.
Published on February 20, 2011 by M. COLLINS

Since I've purchased both this inexpensive aluminum wallet and the original "Ogon" brand aluminum wallet that inspired it, I think I can offer a helpful perspective. There's a big difference between the two, and depending upon your needs, one might be right for you.

Published on July 11, 2011 by R. Cray Esq.

3.0 out of 5 stars IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT THIS WALLET IS AN OKAY KNOCKOFF FOR THE PRICE, July 11, 2011
R. Cray Esq. "shopaholic" (Los Angeles, California USA) - See all my reviews

First, regardless of quality, these aluminum wallets are best described as credit card holders, not wallets. To begin with, they're not big enough to hold anything larger than a credit card. So if you have a company ID card that exceeds the size of a credit card, tough luck. Even more crucial is how easily and silently this wallet can slide out of your pocket. This is true of both the original Ogon and cheap knockoffs like this one. They're too smooth and slippery and light to stay in a pants pocket.

For example, if you carry one in your jeans pocket and sit somewhere, such as a lovely restaurant, it could slide up and out of your jeans pocket and onto the floor without your feeling a thing. And when you return to that restaurant all disheveled and sweaty and agitated because your credit cards are missing, that restaurant will no longer seem so lovely. Example #2: If this item is in the breast pocket of your blazer and you go to a marvelous party somewhere and toss the blazer onto a bed with everyone else's coats and purses, this thing is so slippery it might slide out and shoot across that bed onto the floor where no one will find it until the housekeeper vacuums two weeks later. You will not remember that party as so marvelous. The lesson here? Unless that breast pocket buttons shut, don't carry this item in it. In fact, I don't recommend carrying this wallet on your person at all (unless secured in a purse or backpack).

But if you have a bunch of extra credit cards you want to keep organized, e.g., tucked into a safe or an automobile glove box, these wallets can be VERY functional. You can hold 7 cards in each one, perhaps one or two more if you don't mind squeezing them in. And they fan open nicely when you open the wallet so they're easy to pluck out. Sure, you can tuck in dollar bills and such, and they will fit, but these wallets are not designed for that. And storing or retrieving coins is next to impossible. Want to be that person in line at the market that fumbles for change and keeps everyone waiting? Keep your coins in one of these. Again, my suggestion is to view this as a CREDIT CARD HOLDER and nothing else.

Now allow me to unveil the mystery surrounding the conflicting reports on the quality of this item:

A few years ago I paid about $45 for an Ogon aluminum wallet that looked very much like this one. I still have it and it is of much better quality. There are no imperfections, no dents or crimps, numerous coats of paint and while it's a lousy "wallet" for the reasons described above, it's a wonderful CREDIT CARD HOLDER. I don't regret purchasing it at that price. And if you whip an Ogon wallet out to pick up a tab at a restaurant, you can show it to your friends without risking embarrassment (and they will eye it curiously - after all, it is a bit odd).

But unlike the more expensive Ogon wallet, the wallet on sale here is not perfect. It's a knockoff. When I say "knockoff" I mean it was made in China from a mold copied from an actual Ogon wallet (also made in China, but well). There is only one coat of paint and you will likely see imperfections.

Moreover, if you look closely, the black plastic parts aren't perfectly smooth; rather, you can see the tiny imperfections left by an inferior mold maker. Also, while this wallet has duplicated the Ogon's clasp, it's not as well aligned as the Ogon clasp. This might explain why so many here complain of it breaking.

On the other hand, if you're a bit tight on cash and just looking to stow away some credit cards in the glove box of your pickup or in a desk or hiding place somewhere, this might be a good cost-saving choice for you. And despite its imperfections and relative cheapness, it's kind of neat. I like how it snaps shut. But do NOT whip it out at "Le Dome" or on a date or when you interview at Goldman Sachs or ANYWHERE WHERE APPEARANCES ARE IMPORTANT.

At the time I purchased my Ogon, there were no imitations. Now you have a choice. Both the Ogon and its knockoffs are available here on Amazon. In the end, you get what you pay for.

I just received three of these in silver to hold extra credit cards I never use but for some reason can't throw out even though they are useless to me (e.g., my Barneys, GAP and West Elm cards) and they look okay and function (I got silver because the base material is silver so one is less likely to notice imperfections in the paint). But if anyone ever asks to see my aluminum "wallet", I will show them my Ogon.

If you found this review most helpful, please rate it as such. With three of these knockoffs in my possession, I could use a little ego-boosting.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!, February 20, 2011
I was very eager to get this item to keep my credit cards and other personal data cards safe in. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT THIS PURCHASE WAS! My first complaint is that it is way too small! I had to actually trim some of my insurance and credit cards down so they would fit in the extremely tight case. Some cards I had to actually cut a U shape in so they would fit under the cheap, flimsey clasp. The clasp barely catches together and is very unreliable as to remaining closed. The case, while pretty, is very smooth and difficult to grasp securely. The first night I had the case in use I attempted to extract a credit csrd from the case, the case was so smooth it rapidly slid through my fingers, popping up like a "jack in the box" flinging all of the six personal cards I had in it to the restaurant floor. I would suggest the manufacturer make the case about 1/4" larger, provide a clasp that really works and make the exterior of the case with a surface that enhances a secure grip. This product, as it is now, is NOT SAFE AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY! I definately would not recommend this to a friend!

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST PRODUCT, March 3, 2011
I purchased this product on the 24th, company chose not to ship it until the first day it was promised. I did receive the ite in acceptable packaging, however, as with many other customers, I placed in my cards, and the wallet would not close. I then reduced what was in it to:

1. DL
2. Discount card
3. One credit card
4. Library Card
5. Two US dollar bills folded in thirds (halves will not fit!)

I set the wallet down, not hard, and it popped open, throwing my items everywhere. This has to be the worst product I have purchased! If the return policy did not cost I would send it back, but I am not wasting the additional money. BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Tough Wallet Blue, February 1, 2011
This review is from: One Pack of Waterproof Indestructible Wallet (Accessory)
The Tough Wallet Blue sounds wonderful...it protects your computer encoded credit cards and other cards very well however,
9 out of 10 times it is IMPOSSIBLE to get OPEN when you are at the check stand ready to pay. It is a good thing that I have one of my major credit card numbers (including expiration date and code on the back) memorized because I have had to use that information on more than one occasion when I JUST could NOT get the wallet OPEN!!

VERY embarrassing!

So it was not worth the money I paid for it...I ended up paying for another type of wallet entirely. It also snaps shut and I had my husband cut me a VERY thin piece of metal to fit and so my cards are STILL protected...

1.0 out of 5 stars Size, February 27, 2011
This review is from: One Pack of Waterproof Indestructible Wallet (Accessory)
I don't like this wallet at all. When I put my credit and ID. cards in, it wouldn't shut. Very disatisfied with the wallet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Received on time, December 27, 2010
A little disappointed. has 8 slots and that is truly all it will hold. Wanted this for gift cards and insurance cards and only holds 8, so not everything fits.

1.0 out of 5 stars highly over rated,, February 26, 2011
Janet M Maioli (Carnegie, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Pack of Waterproof Indestructible Wallet (Accessory)
Hard to open. Cards can fall out too easil because little pockets are too wide and shallow. Will not use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wallet is pretty bad., March 11, 2011
This review is from: One Pack of Waterproof Indestructible Wallet (Accessory)
I'm a guy and I ordered the blue one and it isn't very good. Here are the pro's and con's.

Pros:
Good quality metal
Very stylish
Good paint finish
Waterproof
Anti-RFID technology

Cons:
Only 8 slots.
You can't organize anything. Not even your drivers license/ID card.
Inside is very flimsy plastic which can rip very easy.
It's too big for a guy's pocket.
Looks like a woman's wallet.
Can dent very easily.
Cash must be divided by 3 to get to fit in there.
It can be hard to get stuff in there.
A lot of cards stick too far up and will not latch properly.
Feels uncomfortable in pants pockets
Things fall out WAY TOO EASY.

Overall I was extremely disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars alum wallet, February 20, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars not for guys, February 25, 2011
Bennett Jamieson (Plainwell, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
It wallet is too big for guys to put in there rear pockets; especially if you are wearing tight jeans. Front pockets will only work if you are wearing loose style slacks. After putting in all the cards which I wanted there was no room for money and you have to fold into thirds not half. I gave this wallet to a woman as she can just drop it into her purse. I did not have a problem with the clasp but I did not use it that much.

Indestructible Aluminum Wallets