Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on March 4, 2013
Not much to say. It charges relatively slow, but once charged it holds its charge for a long time if unused, and when used it powers up devices reasonably fast.
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2011
Edition: 5,000 mAh|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Ok. This little guy definitely does what it says. It came 3/4 of the way charged and only took about 30 minutes to finish up to a full charge. I immediately put it to work charging my Samsung Nexus S 4G, which I intentionally discharged until it was fully dead. My Nexus has a 1500mah battery, so theoretically this should be able to recharge my phone about 3.3 times. I performed a completely dead to full charge twice and still had one bar of battery left not bad. On that note, it took about 2 hours to charge said phone from zero. The APB01F unit itself takes about 5 hours to charge from a complete dead state to full using a wall USB adapter (1amp). In contrast, it takes about 6 hours using a USB port on your computer. The only real negative I found during use was that it uses a proprietary round connector to connect to the unit to charge itself. It looks like the old round Nokia charge port and uses the included cable to charge. This cable is then reversed and plugged into the USB port and the appropriate "tip" connected to the proprietary plug to attach to and charge other devices. Or you can use the USB cable included with your device to get it's charge from the Aluratek. But the included cable *must* be used to charge the APB01F itself. This is not a favorable design. Especially considering most other power packs just use regular USB ports to charge and be charged. Although technically not a deal breaker, it is a bit annoying having to carry another cable around an hope you don't loose it. I just leave it connected at all times.

**PROS**

**CONS**
PROPRIETARY CHARGING PORT/CABLE THAT USES SPECIAL "TIPS" TO CHARGE YOUR GEAR
TAKES 5-6 HOURS TO CHARGE ITSELF
NO CARRYING BAG TO KEEP THE "TIPS" IN

All-in-all, I liked the Aluratek APB01F, and found it to work as advertised. I just don't care for the proprietary cable that must be used for both charging itself and charging other devices. Also it would have been nice if a small carrying pouch was included to hold the tips.

4 stars.
on November 3, 2013
Far from what I was expecting. I own a GS4 Active that holds a 2300 mAh battery so when I bought this product I expected to at least get a full charge or two. Unfortunately I can barely get a half charge.
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2011
Edition: 5,000 mAh|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You're out on the freeway in the middle of traffic that has barely crawled forward three feet in the last thirty minutes, you're running late as it and you want to call ahead. You go to make a call and discover your power sucking phone with all the cool touch features is as dead as an unplugged television set.

Now what are you going to do?

Or, you're stuck at an airport and discover there will be an unscheduled extension of your layover and your digital reader just flatlined. There isn't an electrical outlet available to recharge. What's your back up plan?

One possibility is the Aluratek Portable Battery Charger.

The charger comes with a cable and five universal charging tips, for Ipad/Ipad2 Apple iPhone 4, 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and Verizon), iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), Motorola Droid, HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung EPIC, Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S.

It also has an auto shut off feature, is light, portable and a high capacity Lithium Ion battery.

Also a plus: if your phone or sound device uses a USB cable to charge up, you can plug it into the Aluratek and it charges beautifully.The flat, compact design slips easily into a purse, pocket or backpack. While it does come with adapters, it does not come with any kind of case in which to hold them. It charged a completely dead cell phone and still had juice to spare.

Three blue LED lights let you get a read on how much power is left. I liked that this could be charged from a USB port, like say, your work computer, so you never have to be left power-less when you need it most. As the saying goes: don't leave home with out it.
on October 13, 2013
I purchased this charger from MicroCenter 2 years ago. It has tons of problem.

1. When charging this device, the lights go off automatically for no reason, and the device is not charged.
2. When charging the phone device, the same problem occurs. It went off for no reason and the device is not charged.
3. The connections to this device got loosed and there is not way to fix it.

Now I have to abandon this device and looking for a new one; therefore I post this review before my next purchase.
on October 19, 2013
A must have for traveller and long hours user. Small to carry. Light weight. Came with various adepter. Nice design and size.
on February 23, 2014
I liked the size of this unit - was easy to take with me into meetings and carry in my laptop bag. It worked fine for 2 days, quickly recharging my smartphone when I was away from a wall plug. After 2 days, the unit refused to turn on. I've logged my issue on Aluratek's help desk page, which stated that it would respond within 24 hours, but after a week, I've heard nothing.

So, I have a complete pile of Chinese-made junk. Frustrating. I'm sorry I purchased this unit.
on December 15, 2011
Edition: 5,000 mAh|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This product seems brilliant on first glance--it's a battery you charge up that then becomes a portable charger for your iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc. (many electronic devices are supported). That means you can take this thing anywhere and recharge your device without the need of a wall outlet or converter (if you're in a foreign country or something). For the average person, though, it seems like this device will only come in handy in really rare cases. If you've got a wall charger with a cigarette lighter adapter and an international converter, there are very few instances where you'd actually need this--camping, maybe? On a long airplane trip without chargers? It's pretty easy to find a wall outlet in a lot of places and most batteries have pretty long lives...but I guess some people's smartphone batteries get pretty worn down to the point that they constantly need recharge. For me, at least, this product is mostly of a novelty value, though it does perform its task. Remember, also, that this is a battery, just like the one in your device--if you take it with you into cold weather for an extended period of time, the charge will wear down just like your device's battery!
on November 19, 2012
I am actually quite unhappy about the connection cord that came with the unit - the unit itself seems fine but the connector is very unstable - it is constantly disconnecting with an apparent loose connection - my I-phone also keeps telling me that the charger is not supported by it...I can only charge the unit with its cord but I have to use my I-phone charger cord to connect to the phone, the adapter that came with the unit doesn't work.
VINE VOICEon November 9, 2011
Edition: 5,000 mAh|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall, I really like this device. It's small, about the size of a deck of cards. It's solid, well built. Has an on/off button to limit unintended use. Lots of connectors. Works with my iphone, ipad, and Kindle. Battery life is about as good as that on my iphone. It basically gives me twice the battery life. Great for long hikes and long flights. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 5 star is the charger cable. Rather than using the usb output to charge the batteries, Alluretek needs a different cord that plugs into the side of the battery pack. Charging works fine, however, needing a proprietary cable to charge the battery pack means you have to carry a separate set of cables. Not a big deal, but if you travel and have a ton of cables to carry, it's easy to lose one or two. Would have been much simpler to charge through the usb port.