Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alva Baby Double Rrows of Snaps Fitted Pocket Washable Adjustable Cloth Diaper with 2 Inserts Neutral Color (Metal) B29
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 9, 2013
I have been cloth diapering my infant for six months. I am an educated professional and invested hours into researching cloth diapering options and cloth diaper brands. I own several types of diapers, representing many brands. I purchased Alva Double Row Snap FItted Pocket diapers because the price is much lower than rival brands. I compared the Alva diapers to my BumGenius pockets and Happy Heineys pockets, which are more expensive.

Cons:
1. They leak. Period. They outer material is does not contain moisture 100%. I never have leaks with my BGs and HHs, but consistently have leaks with these. Leaks occured even after I adjusted the snaps and triple checked the fit on my son.

2. The snaps are awkward. My son is in the 50 percentile for weight, so he's not an overly large or extremely scrawny kiddo. The snaps around the waist do not allow for a snug fit. The company needs to add a few more snaps to ensure a better fit.

Pros:
1. The diaper comes with two inserts.
2. The pocket fits 2-3 inserts for heavy wetters (my son isn't a heavy wetter, but I stuffed the diaper to see how many I could fit)
3. Lower price

Conclusion: Spend the extra $8-$10 diapers and purchase BumGenius or Happy Heineys. You won't encounter leaks and will have a much easier time fitting the diaper on your baby's bum. I always tell new moms to prioritize baby spending; splurge in 2-3 areas and cut back somewhere else. I bought more expensive diapers (BG All in Ones & Swaddlebees etc. ) and saved money by NOT purchasing fleece wipes. Instead, I collected old cotton t-shirts, cut them into large squares, and made my own wipes. If you identify 2-3 areas where you can DIY or simply do without (bottle warmers etc), you can free up extra funds to purchase better diapers.
on March 1, 2015
After trying many cloth diapers, this is THE ONE.
*Price- cheapest cloth diaper I have found.
*The inside lining keeps away moisture very well.
*I like how the snaps align and stay together but are not hard to open when baby is fussy and you are trying to hurry.
*Available in lots of nice patterns.
*Holds up very well for washing, I use the sanitary cycle and have had no problems.
*I like the leg elastic, it is tight enough to not leak but not so tight it leaves red marks (like the BumGenius ones did on my baby, although the overall shape of this diaper is very similar to the BG)

I'm reading a lot of people had problems with the leg elastic leaking. I had that problem at first, and realized that it was: 1. His legs were too skinny, and I had to wait another week to start cloth diapers. (at their snapped up smallest, they are about a size 2 diaper) 2. He was a heavy wetter and I needed to change my stuffing/inserts. I personally put one microfiber insert in the pocket, and a bamboo insert on top. Once I fixed that, I have not had a problem with leaks.

I bought my full diaper stock from another site after trying one that I got on Amazon. Found them for much cheaper. However they are shipped directly from China, so they take awhile to come, but so worth the savings.

Best cloth diaper I have tried, I highly recommend it.
on May 4, 2014
My favorite diapers are bumGenius 4.0. Some have compared those to alva baby pocket diapers, and essentially they are similar because they are both pocket diapers, have 3 rows of lengthening snaps…but these are obviously made in China and are not the same quality that bumGenius diapers are. HOWEVER, if you are like me and realize you can spend $100 on 6 bumGenius or $54 on 11 Alva Baby diapers (which is what I did) to beef up your supply then you take the china made product with its faults.

PROS:
-CHEAP! You can get these at a fraction of the cost- but I recommend buying straight from their website. They are even cheaper on there.
-Adjustable waist. I really like that the waist wings will over lap. I feel like these run large. When my son was 4 months old we were still snapping them on top of each other. But to me that just means he will be able to wear them longer.

CONS:
-Leaks. These definitely leak way more than my bumGenius or Best Bottom diapers. Higher quality diapers have a PUL layer that goes up, over and just inside the tops of the diaper. These do not, and they have a tendency to slightly roll down so then it is just the inside cloth against his clothes. Meaning once the cloth gets wet his clothes will be wet. So I just have to be very on top of changing him when I know he is in these diapers. And I try not to have him wear these if he is going to be in a carseat for very long…they seem to leak more then too
-Quality. They are definitely made in china. I found a bead trapped between the lining and the PUL layer lol

Bottom line- If I could go back and do it all over again, I would only buy bumGenius diapers, and not waste money experimenting with other kinds. But since I don't have a time machine handy, we still use these every day. I just know that if I want to make sure he is in a leakproof diaper, I reach for the bumGenius and keep these for when we are just at home.
on September 23, 2015
I like the Alva diapers. Ten bucks isn't bad, but I did decide that since I will need a lot of diapers for future baby, I decided to go to the source and ordered straight from Alva. Saved a ton of money (and I didn't even have to switch to Geico).
on July 10, 2013
These are crazy adjustable! I have mostly fuzzibunz as my favorite diaper for our son, now 16 months old. I bought these since sometimes we run low on diaper day, and wanted to try out something new (and get new colors, since FBs are pretty limited). I just can't help myself.
Anyways, these are overall okay. I have to button the front adjustments to get them to not be too baggy. Which is fine. The insert that comes with it lasts up to 3 hours (like most non-hemp inserts) and washes fine. Gets a little static-y.

BUT, my major complaint, is the inner plastic lining has come loose from the fabric! This hasn't happened with another Alva diaper (a flannel one in cow print) nor on any of my FBs that I've washed the same way for over 1 year. I've only had this a couple of months, and maybe it's been used a dozen or so times??? So definitely disappointed, should have just forked over 100% more for something that will actually last.

In all: don't recommend.
on November 3, 2013
I'm new to cloth diapering and tried the expensive brands. Long story short - the expensive ones either leaked or the velcro stuck to everything in the drier. I love the alva brand so far (been using them for 3 months now). I haven't had any problems with leaking or blowout. The key to not having leaks is to adjust the leg gusset snug enough and change the liner inserts often. I would say I change the liners about every 1.5-2 hours. These diapers come with 2 liners (and you can buy more if needed) so if the shell isn't wet, just change the liner. Saves on laundry and the budget since you're washing a bit less and buying less diaper covers. I like that the leg gusset is adjustable so it fits my little guy well. I would (and have already) recommended these to other parents.
on April 11, 2013
These pocket diapers do the job, have plenty of legroom (no pinching-yay!), and are cute! We're pretty pleased with the 5 we have ordered so far and will most likely continue to order. They do stain from BMs a bit but since its still winter here in Nebraska (grr- snowing in APRIL!) I haven't gotten to sun them which will most likely get rid of the stains. We also have Flip, Bumgenius, Kawaii, and Econobum diapers and these are definitely my fave. Flip and Bumgenius are expensive and while the idea of reusing the shell is nice, my daughters BMs ALWAYS seem to get on it and she is a pooper. Kawaiis have an awkward shaped leg opening so they pinch unless your babys got skinny thighs, and econobum are like, ugh, so many things wrong with them. All in all, these diapers are do-able for even the most cloth resistant person- dads, daycares, etc. They go on and off like a disposable, wash and dry quickly, and are soft on babe's bum! All for 10 dollars!
on March 5, 2014
I ordered this one as a trial to see if I would like it for my 10-11 month old son. He's been doing great lately. So, I ordered directly from AlvaBaby and saved $40.00 by doing so. You'll love them. I wish that I knew how easy this was 25 years ago. Coth diapering then was so time consuming and difficult. Now, it's literally a snap! Great job, Alvababy!!!! I wish that I thought of this first!
on May 22, 2014
I have had this diaper for a little over a month, I have used this diaper a total of 9 times and one of the snaps to make it a smaller size broke the other day. I was very disappointed because I was hoping to use this for my baby that is due in July, But will not be able to
on November 6, 2014
I am SO sad. I just had to purchase a whole bunch of BumGenius diapers to replace these. I feel like I should have known. I read SO many reviews and tried these, 20 of them to be exact, because they were cheapest. I took a gamble and I lost. I am following all the instructions, I swear. I have tried using a 4 layer plus a charcoal bamboo layer insert. It is not that the inserts aren't absorbent. They are. They leak near the pinholes in the leg seam EVERY TIME. I have to change my baby's outfit every time I change his ALVA diaper. It doesn't seem like the PUL is the problem, but the seam wets out. I tried to fix the problem for two months before I gave up. I love the fit. I LOVE the colors. Poo rinses easily off the outer liner. They fit just fine after my son hit 10 pounds. BUT they ALL leak. EVERY TIME. The END.