5.0 out of 5 stars pinup photography - sheer perfection !
I've long been a fan of Robert Alvarado's work as seen posted on various photography forums. So I was excited to see that a book of his best work is published. Even better then that this book is beautifully printed and bound and is large. The photographs can now be appreciated even more.

The photographs ... if you know his work, and you're a fan, you know what...
Published on November 3, 2011 by Neil van Niekerk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Models, Great Poses ... Terrible Photoshop Masking
I expected much better work. I can't believe the hack level of Photoshop masking in quite a few of the images. It is really apparent with the masking around the hair. I probably won't buy any more of his books unless I can first see them in person. Shame.
Published on November 16, 2012 by J. LEE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars pinup photography - sheer perfection !, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)

The photographs ... if you know his work, and you're a fan, you know what you're in for. If you don't know Robert Alvarado's work ... do an internet search. And I am near certain you'll be back for a copy of this book. It doesn't come any better than this if you like pinup photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars To some it up and a few simple words...., February 7, 2012
Z. Rodrigues "Ze Ro" (montreal, quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
MORE!!! This is just a teaser of the wealth of pictures by Alvarado that are out there. All we can hope for is More and Soon. A Complete works if possible. The pics look airbrushed to Rockwellian perfection. If you like the Elvgren style well Alvarado is a master of what he does. The influential parents that influenced this creative spirit are clearly defined in his work. BUY THIS BOOK if you are into pure eye candy. The colors are striking and the work is very well carried out. I have seen racier shots from alvarado on the web. More of the bondage style pinups and shocking subjects (without going overboard ofcourse)and this book clearly stays on the cleaner side. It works for me...buy it and make up your own mind!! Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
This book is really great. The photographer takes some really good shots, and to me he is one of my fav. photographers.
It really lives up to the title, classic modern pin-ups. The models are everything from punk style, little goth and some with tattoos. And some are just plain good old fashioned ones without ink etc.

The light work is really great, and the pictures are printed on thick paper, so its not any low quality at all. And there is some introduction about the photographer at the start, about his work etc.

So when I first decided to order this book, I could barely wait to get it. And when I first got it, and held it in my hands, I knew from the first page that this was quality work all the way.

If you like pin-ups, and tattooed women in sexy and awesome outfits, then this is something you should get. But I would recommend to check out the photographer and his work on the internet so you can see what kind of work he does beforehand.

Hope someone else enjoyed this as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Inspiration for Boudoir Photographers, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
I am a professional photographer who specializes in the Boudoir genre. I'm always picking up "glamour" photography books hoping to find some inspiration, and I have to say that this is the best book I have found to date. I LOVE the simplicity of the poses and backgrounds, as that is exactly my style. None of the photos are considered "raunchy" or overly sexual. They are, however, extremely sexy and sensual. When one of my boudoir clients arrives at my studio for a photo session, I immediately hand her this book to give her an idea of what my style of boudoir photography is like, and she will usually end up tagging a few pages that inspire her.

Whether you're a photographer looking for inspiration, or just someone who loves looking at beautiful, sexy, yet tasteful photography, this is definitely the book for you! I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
I'm very pleased with the quality of this book. It's a large hardcover with dust jacket. Inside, the pages are thick and crisp like you'd hope. I'm familiar with Alvarado's work, and the images themselves are vibrant and beautiful. It's really nice to see them in high resolution on paper. One more note: this book is 100% pictures and 0% text.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning book for the coffee table, February 28, 2015
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
Bought this for my wife. She recently discovered Alvarado on InstaGram and quickly fell in love with his photography. I cam across this book by happenstance and knew immediately that I had to get it for her. The photography is stunning and the models are beautiful. The book is hardbound and made to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos e book with high quality in paper e colors, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
Amazing book, if you like the pin-ups certainly you must buy this book!!! Robert Alvarado is not yet a recognized photographer, but his future is bright.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and quality, September 16, 2014
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
Great book,great content and the presentation was amazing for the price.Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Models, Great Poses ... Terrible Photoshop Masking, November 16, 2012
J. LEE (Pennsylvania United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice!, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups (Hardcover)
Good to see that the pin up style is still around and looks great. Modren work with a little classic touch works great. Fans of classic pin up style and people new to it will love alvarado.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups
Alvarado's Classic Modern Pin-ups by Robert Alvarado (Hardcover - October 28, 2011)
$34.99 $27.23