Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 3, 2011
I've long been a fan of Robert Alvarado's work as seen posted on various photography forums. So I was excited to see that a book of his best work is published. Even better then that this book is beautifully printed and bound and is large. The photographs can now be appreciated even more.

The photographs ... if you know his work, and you're a fan, you know what you're in for. If you don't know Robert Alvarado's work ... do an internet search. And I am near certain you'll be back for a copy of this book. It doesn't come any better than this if you like pinup photography.
on February 7, 2012
MORE!!! This is just a teaser of the wealth of pictures by Alvarado that are out there. All we can hope for is More and Soon. A Complete works if possible. The pics look airbrushed to Rockwellian perfection. If you like the Elvgren style well Alvarado is a master of what he does. The influential parents that influenced this creative spirit are clearly defined in his work. BUY THIS BOOK if you are into pure eye candy. The colors are striking and the work is very well carried out. I have seen racier shots from alvarado on the web. More of the bondage style pinups and shocking subjects (without going overboard ofcourse)and this book clearly stays on the cleaner side. It works for me...buy it and make up your own mind!! Enjoy.
on February 10, 2013
I am a professional photographer who specializes in the Boudoir genre. I'm always picking up "glamour" photography books hoping to find some inspiration, and I have to say that this is the best book I have found to date. I LOVE the simplicity of the poses and backgrounds, as that is exactly my style. None of the photos are considered "raunchy" or overly sexual. They are, however, extremely sexy and sensual. When one of my boudoir clients arrives at my studio for a photo session, I immediately hand her this book to give her an idea of what my style of boudoir photography is like, and she will usually end up tagging a few pages that inspire her.

Whether you're a photographer looking for inspiration, or just someone who loves looking at beautiful, sexy, yet tasteful photography, this is definitely the book for you! I highly recommend it.
on February 28, 2015
Bought this for my wife. She recently discovered Alvarado on InstaGram and quickly fell in love with his photography. I cam across this book by happenstance and knew immediately that I had to get it for her. The photography is stunning and the models are beautiful. The book is hardbound and made to last.
on January 6, 2013
This book is really great. The photographer takes some really good shots, and to me he is one of my fav. photographers.
It really lives up to the title, classic modern pin-ups. The models are everything from punk style, little goth and some with tattoos. And some are just plain good old fashioned ones without ink etc.

The light work is really great, and the pictures are printed on thick paper, so its not any low quality at all. And there is some introduction about the photographer at the start, about his work etc.

So when I first decided to order this book, I could barely wait to get it. And when I first got it, and held it in my hands, I knew from the first page that this was quality work all the way.

If you like pin-ups, and tattooed women in sexy and awesome outfits, then this is something you should get. But I would recommend to check out the photographer and his work on the internet so you can see what kind of work he does beforehand.

Hope someone else enjoyed this as much as I did.
on November 16, 2012
I expected much better work. I can't believe the hack level of Photoshop masking in quite a few of the images. It is really apparent with the masking around the hair. I probably won't buy any more of his books unless I can first see them in person. Shame.
on December 22, 2011
I'm very pleased with the quality of this book. It's a large hardcover with dust jacket. Inside, the pages are thick and crisp like you'd hope. I'm familiar with Alvarado's work, and the images themselves are vibrant and beautiful. It's really nice to see them in high resolution on paper. One more note: this book is 100% pictures and 0% text.
on November 17, 2013
Some of the images are imaginative but as a collection leaves much to be desired. It is only to the occasional striking visual construct that merits the second star. The author's name on every image provides significant distraction from the content which, for the most part, is not that great. The subject of Pin-ups has great potential in the context of historical significance contrasted with current cultural interests. There are probably many other ideas that could be developed and expressed visually as well. Though technically well executed this particular collection did not do justice to any of them.
on December 8, 2012
Amazing book, if you like the pin-ups certainly you must buy this book!!! Robert Alvarado is not yet a recognized photographer, but his future is bright.
on September 16, 2014
Great book,great content and the presentation was amazing for the price.Recommended.