Intervention: Final Episodes 14 Seasons 2008
Amazon Instant Video
1. Alyson Alyson is a 27 year old girl who lives in Texas. After she graduated high school she was chosen to be a White House intern during the Clinton administration. It is rare that interns are asked back, Alyson was asked back three times. Alyson also had a full academic scholarship to Hofstra University.
2. Tamela and Jerrie Jerrie's life is a mess. At 29, she can't make the rent that she shares with her best friend Jen, her husband Trent and their son. She has creditors calling night and day. And she can't kick her Vicodin addiction that grows with each passing day.
3. Alissa and Brian Alissa, 25, is a compulsive gambler. Her game of choice: slot machines. In the past two years, Alissa has lost more than $30,000 on 25 cent slots. She's accessed her father's credit card information to open up accounts to play slots online, and she's bounced more than $5,000 in checks. Her father has covered almost all her debts.
4. Sara At 24, Sara had everything she ever wanted. She had a fairy-tale wedding in Hawaii, a beautiful baby girl, a house, three cars, and even competed in beauty pageants. Then, it all abruptly ended in divorce. Not knowing how to cope Sara turned to Crystal Meth, and now uses every day, all day if she can. A self-labeled "junkie," Sara has lost everything, including custody of her daughter.
5. Travis and Matt In the 90s, Travis became a rock and roll star overnight. At 16-years-old, he was swept into the limelight as front man for Days of the New. But with success came the lure of drugs and alcohol. It didn't take long for Travis' addiction to crystal meth to become more important than his love of music.
6. Peter and Renee Peter, a 21-year-old college graduate and aspiring actor, is wasting his life to a serious video game addiction. Alienated from his mother who abandoned him when he was 12, Peter escapes into the fantasy world of video games instead of dealing with the problems of his real life.
7. Tina Once the valedictorian of New Hope Christian Academy, Tina is now a real-life desperate housewife. Taking 10-20 vicodin a day simply to function (and supplementing her usage with percocet), this mother of a 3-and-a-half year old son spends her days gambling her house and car payments while stoned on prescription pills.
8. Cristine and Kelly P. Cristine is a 29-year-old wife and mother. While she loves her family, she can't live without her beer. Cristine drinks at least 18 beers a day, starting at 7am, sneaking out during work and not stopping until she passes out at night. Her husband's scared for their son and her mother's terrified that Cristine is killing herself.
9. Kelly F. and Mark This story, presented from the Intervention angle, will be an emotional look into the true crisis moment of an upper-middle class family from picturesque Huntington Beach trying to "save their son from certain death." Once lovable and talented, Kelly scored well above the genius level with a 160 in Abstract Reasoning on his IQ test.
10. Rachel and Tommy Update Rachel, now 26, grew up a beautiful child in idyllic upper-middle class Maryland. But her body is withering away and she hasn't been home in years. Rachel is addicted to heroin and lives on the streets, making money as a prostitute. Her family and friends know she has already hit bottom and is nearing death. An intervention is their only hope for Rachel.
11. Michael and Brooks Michael was a model kid who was always on the honor roll. He is also an amazing musician who taught himself to play guitar and piano by ear. Now at 24 years of age, Michael is addicted to pot, prescription pain pills and beer. A child of divorce who grew up overweight and a loner, Michael turned to sports and excelled in softball and football.
12. Corrine Corinne is a pretty 18-year-old blonde girl who was an honor roll student, star athlete and played the clarinet and saxophone. She grew up in a normal middle class family. Corinne started using drugs at 14 after being sexually abused by a neighborhood boy who babysat her.
13. Howard and Audrey Howard is a professional race car driver who makes a living teaching others the ins and outs of new cars. He's got a great girlfriend who he loves. His life looks great on the outside, but he's breaking down on the inside. Howard has been a functioning alcoholic for almost 30 years, but he's now sliding down a slippery slope.
14. Adam & Michael Adam, 34, was the star in his family with a successful voice-over, music, and acting career. He began using heroin heavily after his girlfriend broke up with him. His family still can't believe that was all it took. Now, Adam steals from his family, borrows money, and pan handles at gas stations to get enough money to score.
16. Heidi and Michelle Michele, 46 - Plastic Surgery/shopping leads a busy social life and takes great pride in maintaining her health and personal appearance, to a fault, she is addicted to plastic surgery and compulsive shopping. She cites that while she was raped at the age of 16, she blames no one for her need to "fill the void.
When the family or friend wasn't even there much of the time.
I use this in a Life Management class for students to learn the serious effects of substance abuse and the value of intervention.
I am a college student majoring in substance abuse and intervention is very informative as to the effects of using drugs.
I am a college student majoring in substance abuse and intervention is very informative as to the effects of using drugs.Published 5 months ago by barbiesaces
Compelling, gritty television that gives the viewer an in-depth look at the complexities and horror of addiction. Hard to turn away.Published 6 months ago by A. Foster
It was disgusting to watch such a dysfunctional family be unable to help each other. Instead, it made me sick to witness such a terribly destructive codependency.Published 7 months ago by David Van Vliet
i find this to be an excellent resource if you are a therapist or in the helping professions. I would highly recommend.Published 10 months ago by ejl3839
I didn't know this show existed - got a new job as a drug/alc rehab RN with no previous personal exposure to the life of addiction and found this show. Read morePublished 11 months ago by wannabeinwanaka
this video is a great resource for alcohol and drug prevention group sessions.
clients really learn from the testimonials of the people in the videos.
A wonderfully insightful and well-done series. In-depth without being sensationalistic. It shows the real consequences of addiction, and takes you inside real people's journeys to... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Melissa Sandoval
There are more videos on the streaming video which doesn't tend to work well with Windows. I ordered it overnite air, and being in a major city hub, it got here right away. Read morePublished 14 months ago by M. M