Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on February 6, 2011
I am a Registered Nurse and have been caring for my father who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 3 years ago. While giving dad breakfast last week, I saw an interview with Dr. Isaacson on the Today Show. I was really impressed with the suggestions he offered for caregivers and I immediately went online to order his book. Wow! What a wonderful and comprehensive resource.
I had no idea that the very food I was serving my dad that morning could potentially be harmful to his memory. The book gives dietary suggestions that might reduce damage to brain cells. If this means less memory loss for my Dad it is certainly worth a shot. I recommend this book to any healthcare provider or caregiver who are looking for a new 2011 outlook on Alzheimer's.
on March 8, 2011
What I really appreciate about this book is how concise and straightforward it reads. All manners of treatments are covered, which are not always medical but includes diet and exercise. I believe that its greatest gift is giving the ability to allow those with loved ones that are affected with Alzheimer's disease a way to fight back.
on April 21, 2011
My grandmother was recently diagnosed with mild Alzheimer's and as this was a completely foreign world to me, I decided I needed to learn as much as I could as quickly as possible. I was searching online and came across this book by Dr. Isaacson and thought, this could be helpful and ordered it along with 2 other books. This book arrived and I started reading and thought how helpful and easy this book is to read. It didn't seem like a medical book to me when I first started reading it, and I've been sharing it with my grandmother as well. She likes the big type print, and really enjoys reading about the helpful diet tips, and other things she could do to continue to be active and stay engaged in life. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is dealing with Alzheimer's on any level, if you're a patient, or taking care of one, this book is very helpful, and informative.
on May 4, 2011
WOW This book is a "must read" for families and health care workers dealing with the disease of Alzheimer's! I heard Dr. Isaacson on the Today Show a few weeks ago and was so impressed with him and his "cutting edge" approach to treating and preventing Alzheimers disease, that I immediately ordered two hardback copies and one for my Kindle (e-reader). I immediately received and read the kindle version. Giving hard copies to friends with family members with Alzheimer's. This book is informative, concise and very easily understood. As a healthcare provider (CRNA) dealing with Alzheimer's patients frequently, this book is the most hopeful and forward thinking book on the market today. Dr. Isaacson and his research on Alzheimer's is known and highly respected throughout the U.S. I highly recommend this book.
on July 6, 2011
I have always been concerned with the genetic possibility of developing Alzheimer's Disease as several of my family members have passed away from this disease. I sometimes cannot remember names and numbers and have been concerned that maybe I myself am in the early phases of Alzheimer's. I watched an interview this morning with the author of this book and a Woman's Day Magazine Health Editor and realized that my memory loss is normal. I was relieved but also wanted answers to what preventative measures I could take to keep myself Alzheimer's free. I downloaded the book and couldn't put it down. This book is a godsend. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy two supplements and changing my diet; no more sugary sodas for me. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to stave off the onset of Alzheimer's.
on January 25, 2012
Ive been lost when I take my grandfather to his appointments, there is always so much to remember and keep track of when the doctor makes changes. After reading this book, I now understand WHY the doctor says what he says and can even have an intelligent conversation and recommend new things myself! There are treatments in this book our doctor was not even aware of!! Please, if you also have a grandparent, parent or other relative afflicted with this difficult disease, I urge you to read this book.
on July 6, 2011
I saw Dr. Isaacson on the Today show this morning with Kathie Lee and Hoda and downloaded his book on my Kindle. This was the most detailed, easy to read and helpful resource I have ever seen for memory loss and Alzheimer's disease. I started by taking the doctor's advice tonight and read the nutrition labels before i had my dinner. I was able make better choices based on the recommendations and am committed to following the diet plan in his book. I am thankful that someone who really understands this dreadful disease has taken the time to publish this, and now have a plan to follow for changes in my life to protect my brain.
on September 2, 2011
Bought this book for a friend whose Mom is having some difficulties with memory. This book will help her to understand how to cope with a parent who has AD. A must read for those with family dealing with this terrible disease. Highly recommended.
on April 19, 2013
You might skip this book as the contents are mostly or all included in "The Alzheimer's Diet" which is more comprehensive. But for the seriousness of the subject, and the low cost, you might want to buy both books.