5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Relate

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this book
Published 6 months ago by Jennifer Mattson

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Relate, October 3, 2010
J. Meeks (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Am I Messing Up My Kids?: ...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks (Paperback)
I have two girls who are 5 and 2. We are expecting another baby in 7 weeks. I have really enjoyed reading the book. I find that it is easy to relate to, and the author does a great job backing up her advice with scripture. I have found that the book has helped me with patience. I also think it has helped me have a positive attitude during situations that might bring on a negative reaction. I think this book is great for any mom.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter says 'yes', February 8, 2012
When my 13 year old daughter read the title of this book on my kindle, she answered it...yes! I think this is a great book, my only regret is that I should have bought the physical book rather than the electronic version b/c there are great note taking moments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, December 3, 2010
Lysa has a way of grasping your attention and teaching you God's will for raising children. I love at the end of the chapters where Lysa points you to dig in to God's word and see exactly what she is teaching.

Love this book ~ !

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I Messing Up My Kids?, April 17, 2013
This book is a great way to see parenting in a different light. It's a great read for mom's with toddlers on up to college-age kids. Reflections at the end of each chapter and lots of scripture really make this book a terrific daily study tool.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this book, July 22, 2014
I really wanted to like this book. I bought it to do the online bible study through P31 ministries. The chapters are super short and then there's a biblical reflection and journaling at the end. I did like the layout and the concept. But I found some of her stories hard to relate to (i.e. missing planes to go to Disney World, rebooking to still make her trip, etc.) and I found the reflections a little self-aggrandizing (the author would ask what the reader liked best about what she'd just written...). Overall, I'm not sure I'll finish either the book or the bible study, which is too bad because I was really looking forward to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best parenting boom ever!!!, December 28, 2012
This is the most uplifting book I have ever read! I can usually not make it through a "self help" book but this one I couldn't put down! Ill be giving this book to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, December 19, 2011
Moms, young and old, have asked themselves this question, "Am I messing up my kids?". Those questions are answered by Lysa in this must have book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for Christian Moms in a Stable Environment, September 2, 2014
This is a good book for Christian moms in stable environments. I was able to get a few nuggets from the book and some chapters I got more than a few nuggets. However, I have some real issues with a prodigal son. This book does not go that deep. I am married now but was a single mom for 15 years. During that time, when my child was younger, this book would have frustrated me. Again, it does not go deep enough for someone with deeper struggles. I understand that married Christian moms struggle but it is not on the same level as a single mom, mom of a prodigal, etc. This is a great book for Christian moms who struggle. I think that is who the author is writing to and that is good. We need ministry to all people.

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to like this- but am having trouble relating., July 19, 2014
Lisa E "L" (Sanford, Florida) - See all my reviews
I bought this based on the reviews- I wanted to love it. I am glad I only bought the Kindle edition bc I am having a VERY hard time relating to this book. Many of her stories are so dramatic and over the top for me. She seems to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I have not finished this and dont know if I will. It is unfortunate bc I am trying to do the bible study that goes with this book. The biblical references are good. I want to like it- but I just cant relate. I guess I was hoping to get something out of it like the other reviewers seem to.

5.0 out of 5 stars paperback book, August 9, 2014
this is not the book I thought it was going t be. It's not a how to be a better parent or have better kid kind of book. Lysa gives you scriptures to read and unburden your soul. It's a great read on being ok with what you have and who you are now. I have learned so much. the seller I got this from had great prices and fast delivery too. I had to wait to get it til I could afford it. I am doing a bible study online and I had the book before I started which was a great surprise.

Am I Messing Up My Kids?: ...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks
Am I Messing Up My Kids?: ...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks by Lysa TerKeurst (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$12.99 $10.73