Published on September 28, 2010 by Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not hearing what everyone else is hearing....
Published on October 14, 2010 by $hort dawg

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars. I was skeptical when I bought the album, but it surprised me., September 28, 2010
After "Rebirth", which everyone pretty much considers one of his weaker albums, I was very skeptical about this album, especially considering that it was originally intended to be an E.P. instead of a full-length album. I was surprised though, because Lil Wayne is on point. I found that I wasn't into the R&B mixed in with Wayne's rhymes. Wayne's rhymes are pretty good, not as good as "Carter" lyrics, but good nonetheless, with good metaphors and funny punchlines. Without counting the 4 or 5 songs for the ladies, the lyrics are still pretty hard-core and vulgar, which I like. I was also worried that since there are so many guest-spots on the album that it would take away from Wayne's amount of rhymes, but I was wrong because Weezy is all over each song and the guest spots are either welcome or not bad enough to ruin a Weezy song.

Highlights from the album:
- "I Am Not a Human Being" - 10/10. Some people might disagree, but this is my favorite track from the whole album. It's the only track that has a heavy rock beat, but it's really well produced by DJ Infamous & Andrew Drew Correa, has funny rhymes and is really on another level as far as the rest of the tracks are concerned. May take some time to grow on some, but there's a reason they made a cool video for this cool song.

- "Gonorrhea" - 8/10. Pretty solid album opener, featuring Drake (like many tracks on the album) but hilariously explicit rhymes from Wayne dominate the track. The song is produced by Kane Beatz.

- "Right Above It" - 9/10. Cool hook on this single from the album, and this track also features Drake. A mellow, feel-good beat produced by Kane Beatz.

- "Hold Up" - 8/10. Not much of a hook on this song, which I like because it has lots of straight up rhyming from Wayne over a smooth beat produced by The Olympicks.

- "Bill Gates" - 8/10. Good album closer, a song only Wayne could have written the lyrics to. This track features a slow, easy beat that is another feel-good type of beat, produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League.

Well, it's definitely no "Carter" 1,2, or 3... but it's also WAY better than "Rebirth". Is the album worth your time and money? If you are a Lil Wayne fan, yes. Will "Tha Carter IV" be better? My guess is, probably. "I Am Not a Human Being" is still a good album on the whole though. 3 and 1/2 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not hearing what everyone else is hearing...., October 14, 2010
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
I'm a die heart lil Wayne fan and I'm listening to each full track on the album before I purchase it and this is not a good album to me. Most of the songs seem like mixtape songs and not radio worthy nor are they catchy with the exception of I'm single, popular, that ain't me and right above it with Drake. These are the only songs I like on the album and I had to pretty much force myself to pick them. All the songs to me seemed to be off topic from the titles or just a couple of verses in the songs were on topic then the lyrics will go astray as if they were bits and pieces from other songs or stuff he had already written and put together. Way too many features to me but I'm glad he did have Jay Sean, T-streets and lil twist on the album because out of all the YM click you don't get to hear them much.Drake, i love him but he can't sing. There's a difference in knowing how to sing and just making little catchy songs, I can do that and T-pain already told yall how he did that. On his other albums I can appreciate every song and understand why they were made but on this album some songs just sound pick together and like freestyles...like "hold up"...I like the word play in wayne's verse but it does not sound like a complete song. but nevertheless, I will get the album later, just to add to my collection, there is no rush in getting it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're a true fan!, December 15, 2010
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
What can I say? I love Wayne as an artist and he can do no wrong with me. This album was great but not his best work. The play list is as follows

1.GONORRHEA
10.BILL GATES
11.YM BANGER
12.YM SALUTE
13.I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF IT

The best tracks are the released ones (I'm single, Gonorrehea, Right above it) but even they sound a little bit commercial for Lil Wayne. He tries a lot of new melodic songs and for me they work but I prefer his album "The Carter 3" over this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!!!!, April 9, 2014
I purchased this CD from the local music store a while back & they no longer had it but ALAS!!! I HAVE FOUND IT!!!THANKS!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lil Wayne, February 20, 2014
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
A lot of people don't like this CD, and I don't really don't know why. It's classic Lil Wayne. If you like him, you'll like this, if you don't like him, you won't like this.

Give it a shot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dope, December 8, 2010
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
With the exception of about one or two tracks the rest of this album is really good no Carter III obviously but a solid record. and I would add that two of the songs are great! and would fit in easily with a Carter III calaber album.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbarge, September 11, 2011
Amazon Customer "smart reader" (Las Vegas, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I gave this garbarge away... Good example of how far a person can get without talent. There are some many better rappers out thier than this loser

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god turn it off please!, October 24, 2010
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
I do plan on keeping this short. Im sorry to you if you enjoyed this album and didn't just say you did because it was a Lil Wayne album. This was garbage, and I don't care if you agree or disagree because the consensus opinion was split anyway. I don't hate Wayne, but I truly have to force myself to finish this album and I don't plan on giving it a second run through. Sorry its just another fail to be logged away in the annals of rap history. I hope next time he comes correct or just doesn't come at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lil Wayne, April 3, 2011
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
Yet another abomination by the pop rapper Lil Wayne. This is kiddie rap, mainstream filth for the masses of morons. I've seen elementary kids jamming to this. STAY AWAY.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lil wayne needs to stop making music, July 8, 2011
This review is from: I Am Not A Human Being (Audio CD)
Well, what more can I say. Lil' Wayne's voice is like nails on a chalkboard, which makes him almost impossible to listen to. The beats give me an image in my mind of vomit, especially in "Single" The lyrics are sexist,ignorant, awful and it feels like a 5 year old with a potty mouth could've easily written the lyrics. This man is a stain in the history of rap/music in general. This album isn't worth a single cent. Infact, you should be paid for listening to this garbage.

I Am Not A Human Being
I Am Not A Human Being by Lil Wayne (Audio CD - 2010)