Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 28, 2010
After "Rebirth", which everyone pretty much considers one of his weaker albums, I was very skeptical about this album, especially considering that it was originally intended to be an E.P. instead of a full-length album. I was surprised though, because Lil Wayne is on point. I found that I wasn't into the R&B mixed in with Wayne's rhymes. Wayne's rhymes are pretty good, not as good as "Carter" lyrics, but good nonetheless, with good metaphors and funny punchlines. Without counting the 4 or 5 songs for the ladies, the lyrics are still pretty hard-core and vulgar, which I like. I was also worried that since there are so many guest-spots on the album that it would take away from Wayne's amount of rhymes, but I was wrong because Weezy is all over each song and the guest spots are either welcome or not bad enough to ruin a Weezy song.

Highlights from the album:
- "I Am Not a Human Being" - 10/10. Some people might disagree, but this is my favorite track from the whole album. It's the only track that has a heavy rock beat, but it's really well produced by DJ Infamous & Andrew Drew Correa, has funny rhymes and is really on another level as far as the rest of the tracks are concerned. May take some time to grow on some, but there's a reason they made a cool video for this cool song.

- "Gonorrhea" - 8/10. Pretty solid album opener, featuring Drake (like many tracks on the album) but hilariously explicit rhymes from Wayne dominate the track. The song is produced by Kane Beatz.

- "Right Above It" - 9/10. Cool hook on this single from the album, and this track also features Drake. A mellow, feel-good beat produced by Kane Beatz.

- "Hold Up" - 8/10. Not much of a hook on this song, which I like because it has lots of straight up rhyming from Wayne over a smooth beat produced by The Olympicks.

- "Bill Gates" - 8/10. Good album closer, a song only Wayne could have written the lyrics to. This track features a slow, easy beat that is another feel-good type of beat, produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League.

Well, it's definitely no "Carter" 1,2, or 3... but it's also WAY better than "Rebirth". Is the album worth your time and money? If you are a Lil Wayne fan, yes. Will "Tha Carter IV" be better? My guess is, probably. "I Am Not a Human Being" is still a good album on the whole though. 3 and 1/2 stars.
on February 20, 2014
A lot of people don't like this CD, and I don't really don't know why. It's classic Lil Wayne. If you like him, you'll like this, if you don't like him, you won't like this.

Give it a shot.
on October 14, 2010
I'm a die heart lil Wayne fan and I'm listening to each full track on the album before I purchase it and this is not a good album to me. Most of the songs seem like mixtape songs and not radio worthy nor are they catchy with the exception of I'm single, popular, that ain't me and right above it with Drake. These are the only songs I like on the album and I had to pretty much force myself to pick them. All the songs to me seemed to be off topic from the titles or just a couple of verses in the songs were on topic then the lyrics will go astray as if they were bits and pieces from other songs or stuff he had already written and put together. Way too many features to me but I'm glad he did have Jay Sean, T-streets and lil twist on the album because out of all the YM click you don't get to hear them much.Drake, i love him but he can't sing. There's a difference in knowing how to sing and just making little catchy songs, I can do that and T-pain already told yall how he did that. On his other albums I can appreciate every song and understand why they were made but on this album some songs just sound pick together and like freestyles...like "hold up"...I like the word play in wayne's verse but it does not sound like a complete song. but nevertheless, I will get the album later, just to add to my collection, there is no rush in getting it now.
on December 15, 2010
What can I say? I love Wayne as an artist and he can do no wrong with me. This album was great but not his best work. The play list is as follows

1.GONORRHEA
10.BILL GATES
11.YM BANGER
12.YM SALUTE
13.I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF IT

The best tracks are the released ones (I'm single, Gonorrehea, Right above it) but even they sound a little bit commercial for Lil Wayne. He tries a lot of new melodic songs and for me they work but I prefer his album "The Carter 3" over this one.
on March 2, 2011
I thought this album was a step up from Rebirth as a matter of fact it is a GIANT leap from rebirth. It was creative and I loved that he is rapping without that boxfan sound it makes it sooo much easier to enjoy. Thumbs up to Wayne and I am certain this is not the end for him. Cant wait for his next album.
on February 26, 2011
Around Black Friday last year, I snagged this album on the cheap just to see what Lil Wayne's all about. Glad I did.

This album has some of the cleverest rhymes I've ever heard spit. I usually skip over the love songs -- I'm not Weezy's type -- but the rest of the tracks are solid, with a few that have become instant favorites. In fact, this is probably my most-listened to album since I picked it up. Since I bought Kanye's and Cee-Lo's newest at the same time, that's saying something.

I'm definitely going to dig back into Lil Wayne's catalog to snap up all his older stuff -- while avoiding the reviled Rebirth. I'm now a fan.
on March 5, 2013
THere are a couple of decent songs on the album, Bill Gates, and above it that were mildly above average otherwise this was a pedestrian effort by a rapper that is capable of better but lately has routinely underperformed.
on August 25, 2011
Songs 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 are all subpar songs. Not hot at all. I like Weezy but his camp didn't have to put this album out. All the other songs are good. Only fans like everything he puts out. If I gotta skip to the next then it didn't grab the way it should have.
on August 18, 2013
One Puff: God's Gift
If You Like this Album you will like One Puff: God's Gift by Trev Eyez
It was just a matter of time before the hip hop world discovered Reggae and West Indian culture, just like it has assimilated Spanish and Latino, especially with regards to verbal slang. Particularly, the dancehall reggae world must look exotic, rough and menacing to the uninitiated - a perfect candidate for hip hop to squeeze into it's mold
Trev's (a man with a REAL Caribbean background) came to set the record straight, and show that mixing hip hop with Reggae/Dancehall is perfect and he does the two without loosing the essence of neither.
on January 19, 2012
After reading a review for this cd which stated he should be bashed in prison for this on a mixtape site i wasnt sure about Lil Waynes efforts. But i got it and thought it was good, Weezy has good lyrics that are crazy and some different music which sounds like alien or circus background themes. Dont believe every review you read!! (including this one ha ha ha!)