Customer Discussions > The Twilight Saga Collection forum

Am I too old for this series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-63 of 63 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 8:16:46 PM PDT
K. Schweiss says:
I couldn't agree more. I am 29, my best friend is 29 my sister is 32 and we are all... infatuated with this series. They (my sister and best friend) are what i would call completely rational people and they fell into the same "infatuation" as me. I am not sure that is the correct word, but it all consuming. It is absolutely terrifying that i will not find a series that I feel the same way about. My sister calls it cullen withdrawal when you finish the series. I recommend it for all ages. Unlike many of the "vampire/fantasy" series out there, it is the first to really draw on unconditional, pure, innocent emotion (my husband says it's raw emotion). Instead of throwing you in a fictional world, it takes you the world you live in and changes it. Don't consider yourself above it. Meyer is an amazing author...amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2009 12:16:58 AM PDT
J. B. Vraney says:
No I am 34 and my mom is 65 and we both love these books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 7:53:34 PM PST
Hannah Grace says:
No! No age is too young or too old for a good book. As Stephenie Meyer says, "You belong anywhere a good book is."

My mom (53), older sister (32), younger sister (14), and myself (16) all enjoy the series. It crosses age groups. A person of any age can enjoy the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2009 7:11:11 PM PST
I am 39 yrs with a master degree, married and I have read all the Twilight Collection books in less than a week!! Have seen New Moon 4 times and Twilight like 7 and going... If you really look into the depth of the meaning in these books they are not actually for teenager nor younger than 17 I would say.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 3:04:19 PM PST
JoJo says:
No way are you too old! My daughter, who is 35, and I just went and saw New Moon together. We both love the series! I've read all of the books too. Age is a state of mind and true love and romance are for the heart which never ages........

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 8:03:10 AM PST
No way! You can never be too old for this. I am 24 and have read it several times. It 's almost as though the characters literally come to life. It's a great love story, and all around a great way to get teenagers into reading again. So, no. You can never be too old...

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 3:20:28 PM PST
D. B. Fields says:
I can tell you this: I bought the audio set of these books for my 50 yr. old sister and she is absolutely obsessed with them, her poor husband has even resorted to listening in whenever she allows him to just to be able to share time with her. I got them as an early X-mas gift but they arrived early in dec. so I gave them to her early; by X-mas she had started breaking dawn. She calls at least once a week to say thanks for the gift and that I must read them for myself. By the way, I'm 57 and I enjoyed the movies so I may take a crack at the books before the next movie, as they say : A good story is a good story.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:50:55 PM PST
bbp says:
I am 54 and have enjoyed the series. It is entertaining easy reading that I can share with my 13 year old nieces and 20 something co-workers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2010 1:11:00 PM PST
hahaha...same here! I think it was the time frame too...6 days. I read Eclipse in one day and was pretty impressed with myself. My poor neglected husband now HATES those books.

Posted on May 28, 2010 3:09:43 PM PDT
I don't think you can ever be too old! Twilight is one of those series that you're either going to fall in love with or not. I know many people over 50 who loved it and I know some that could have cared less about it. Just depends. It is one of those that is worth trying no matter your age though! I had a friend who would come through where I worked and she was 72 and loved the series as much as a 12 year old I talked too. Which is kind of part of it's magic. Something that some mother's and daughters or father's even can share with each other. Bridges that "generation gap".

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 2:08:26 PM PST
lucycraig says:
im 29 and being told its too young for me by my mother. I love the books and films and the story has filled a hole in my life. If that makes me sad then shoot me!

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 10:11:04 PM PDT
I wish Stephanie would write a second alternative ending with Bella and Jacob getting together at the end. What say you all??

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2014 2:21:51 PM PDT
SallyMJ says:
No, not too old.

It's just that no one deserves such bad writing.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  53
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Saga Collection
The Twilight Saga Collection by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - October 15, 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,950)