Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: 14 oz.Change

on April 13, 2013
It is good that this works so well for others, but it really irritated my skin. I have some minor keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and the upper park of the back of my thighs, but my skin is just far too sensitive for the lactic acid I guess.
on January 6, 2014
I have or had very bad dry skin this product is amazing. Use it after I shower and at night and in morning. My skin is still tough but better than its ever been. No more skin tears from drying out. Was told by a derm. doctor to stay away from soap and water since skin is so bad. Just to wash where I had to wash., Stinky areas. I shower like a normal person and yes the doctor recommended this product.
on May 4, 2008
This lotion has worked miracles for my sons with x-linked ichthyosis. After a week, the scales on their arms were gone, and after two weeks, their legs look practically normal. It doesn't sting like Lac-Hydrin, either. We love it around here!
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2015
A lot of people have recommended this to me because I have KP on my legs and often struggle with dry skin in some areas due to eczema and this has helped a TON. I have a dark complexion (I'm African American) and I was worried that the percentage of acid (don't worry, it's not bad acid, it's safe!) might be too high for my skin and cause it to dark due to PIH but so far it's been nothing but wonderful. I use this on my legs after I shave in the shower and it leaves it SMOOTH like butter by the next day. Because of KP, my legs are always bumpy and are covered in dark brown dots. I've been told that over time this will help get rid of the dots as well, but I haven't had it long enough to know for sure. When using this make sure you ALWAYS wear sunscreen on the areas you put it on! If you don't it will make your skin darken. Use it at night, sunscreen in the morning. Also try avoiding using it every day and give your skin a break. Another thing I'd like to add is that I have used this on my bikini/genital area (AROUND, NOT INSIDE) to smooth it out after shaving and it works like a charm. (If you choose to do that, you only need to apply it once. Don't overdo it)
I've seen a lot of good results because of this product.
on November 30, 2013
When the winter weather would hit, my skin would be red and itchy in no time at all. Regular skin cream would have no effect at all, including baby oil after showering. My father's dermatologist suggested he use AmLactin, and now I do the same. It really works! Simple as that. For those that say it smells a bit - yes it does, but this was more of a problem years ago. Shaking the bottle helps with this as well. I've used AmLactin for about 8-10 years now and still haven't found anything comparable!!!
on February 22, 2013
I've never understood why Amlactin (and same-formula creams/lotions) have never been very popular for dry skin. People always go for the cosmetic brand lotions, but Amlactin works differently and MUCH better. The active ingredient in Amlactin is lactic acid, which exfoliates dry, itchy or bumpy skin, and is great for those with keratosis pilaris. After just a few applications, you'll notice soft, supple, silky smooth skin.
It smells a touch "chemical-ish" but it's not strong and the scent doesn't last, like some scented lotions. Also, since it's not fragranced, guys can use it too (actually my dad does).
It tends to run a bit on the pricy side for lotions, but it's definitely worth it, especially if you have rough, dry, bumpy skin.
on April 25, 2015
I love AmLactin ever since I discovered it a couple of years ago! I have hot dry feet and if I use this product one to two times a day (two is best) it keeps the soles of my feet exfoliated, soft, and smooth. It beats the heck out of my previous method that involved a drill and a sanding disk. A word of caution, if you have a sensitive skin issue depending on your usage this product may irritate your skin.
on October 13, 2012
I live in South Florida. I use this lotion on my feet, my arms, shoulders and my chest. My feet are not dry and no longer itch, my arms no longer have the bumps that look like acne, my chest is no longer dry. (I don't use it on my face because of the alpha hydroxy)It works wonders. My husband uses it on his feet instead of powder, and he loves it. This is great stuff.
on January 7, 2014
This was recommend by my husbands physician to be used daily on my husbands feet as he has type 2 diabetes. It was cheaper than at local drugstores and I like it as it is on automatic delivery which you set the amount of time between deliveries. I also like that you can change the delivery dates to better suit your needs
on October 23, 2013
Well I had high expectations for this product as I have been suffering with KP for years & the reviews were all good. I've been using it for about 3/4weeks & I haven't seen any change in my KP anywhere. The smell isn't that bad but just didn't work for me. Just another let down.. :( ugh & the search continues!

See 1 answered question